Thoughts and prayers appreciated!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by megkc03, Jun 24, 2008.

1. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The saga continues...Quick update: Anthony has a large, adorable head. :wub: At his 4 mth appt, it raised a red flag(the circumference), so the pedi had him go get a CT scan. That came back normal. At that 4 mth appt, the pedi "warned" us that if it showed continued growth(went off the "new" growth curve), then he would send him to a neurosurgeon. Well, lo-and-behold, at the 6 mth appt, it grew off the charts again. So-off to the neurosurgeon it is.

Tomorrow is our appt at 9:15am. Our pediatrician is pretty confident that the Dr. is going to say everything is fine. Anthony is developing normally in every area, which to me, is great! The pedi said he has seen big heads, just not this big. And, he likes to treat his patients as he wants his own children treated. He said the neurosurgeon has seen bigger heads more often, and he's sending us there.

So your prayers and thoughts are appreciated! :)

I honestly am not worried(that is until that darn google bar calls my name!). He is just the happiest little guy in the world. He seriously melts your heart as soon as he flashes that smile of his. And I get teary eyed thinking back to my first u/s when he was a small sac, and I was told, "it" might not make it. And here he is today. Such a beautiful child!

I'll attach a picture of that smile!

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t256/megkc03/IMG_0736.jpg

2. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed for you Meaghan!

And he does have a great smile, definitely a cutie!!

3. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

Meg,
    That is like the cutest pic EVER!!! You can see that he smiles with his whole heart.

He is adorable and I am SURE it will turn out just fine. He'll just have a big head early and his body will catch up.

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this but OH MY GOSH is he cute!

4. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

You are right, he is adorable AND he has a beautiful smile!

I hope that your appointment with the neuro goes well, I'd think since he is doing so well developmentally that there shouldn't be anything to worry about!! My good friend's son was born at 32 weeks and while his weight/height never made it on the "full term" growth charts, his head was always up in the 90th percentile for a full term baby...and he just had a big head! Now he's 2 and I think everything (height, weight and head circum.) is in the 50th percentile! :)

Try not to worry too much, if that is possible! I think once you become a mom you worry about everything and anything! :hug99:

5. maurahursh

maurahursh Well-Known Member

He is ADORABLE! My thoughts are w/ you. :hug99:

6. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

Sofie and Maia send their best to their little buddy!!! :wub:

7. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My dd had a big head and grew into it just fine :) (His head doesnt look that big to me, honestly....but if you say so.
    He has the cutest smile in the whole world! I wish you a very uneventful meeting with the doctor, I am sure he will say he is perfect!

8. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers :hug99: . He is a beautiful baby!

9. CROSSTWINS

CROSSTWINS Well-Known Member

He is absolutly adorable. His smile just lite up my morning. I am sure everything will go fine with the dr. Big hugs.

10. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

OMGosh he is a happy little guy. GL with the appointment and let us know how it goes.

11. Mum2TwinBoys

Mum2TwinBoys Well-Known Member

Boy is he sweet, looks like a perfectly happy little man to me. I have prayed that he is fine and will continue to do so.

12. Anne2571

Anne2571 Well-Known Member

Anthony is adorable - what a smile!! As someone else mentioned, his head doesn't look big to me either but I'm glad you're getting it checked out for reassurance. Sending prayers your way ... please let us know how it goes.

13. shelley79

shelley79 Well-Known Member

What a little precious cupcake! Good luck, I will be checking for an update.

14. becky5

becky5 Guest

What a cutie! I hope the appointment went well Meaghan, update when you can. :hug99: