Tips to manage the final 4 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Ice cream, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Ice cream

Ice cream Member

Anyone have tips how to manage the last month? I can't eat, sleep, sit, stand, etc :( At least I have a countdown to be excited for! But the thought of 4 (or less) more weeks like this is not very comforting :(

2. pretty girl

pretty girl Well-Known Member

I have no advice but I will send hugs your way. I'm miserable too and I have 14 week 3 days until my due date

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I slept in a recliner when the bed was too uncomfortable.  That's my only tip, that was so long ago. 

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Minute by minute, hour by hour. 

In the last few weeks you can get a haircut & pedicure- there will be no time for that after and it's nice to not feel completely shlubby postpartum. Well, more than you already might. Or maybe that was just me? 

How are you for baby stuff? Do you have all the sizes you'll need for the first year?

5. Ice cream

Ice cream Member

DH begs me to sleep on the couch... Don't know why I won't let myself!
    But I guess we gotta do the minute by minute idea.... The only way :)

6. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Also, pre fill in all the baby book stuff, if you are going to do it.

7. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Try to do whatever it takes to get some rest and sleep - you are going to need a lot of energy for the birth and the first few weeks. I slept on the couch semi-reclining or in bed with lots of cushions for support. I also napped during the day to make up for the restless periods of the night.

Try to enjoy a few small luxuries for which there will not be a lot of time once the babies are born, a haircut, a pedicure, a meal out with your DH or ice-cream with a friend - whatever makes you happy.

8. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

9. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I slept on the sofa the last couple weeks with my twins.  I guess it was quite the process for me to flip from laying on one side to the other and my ex-husband would complain about me waking him up.  (Yah, he's a jerk.)  But it kinda worked in my favor.  I put a pillow at each end of the sofa so when I wanted to switch sides, I just sat up and flopped down on the other end of the sofa.  :laughing:

Other than that, the best you can do is just one day at a time.  Relax and rest when you can.  Every day they stay in there, even at this point, is still better for them!