Today's Nap... Kind of funny

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by melissao, Dec 19, 2006.

1. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

I decided I would separate them for nap. I asked them who would like to sleep in the PNP in the other room and Catherine volunteered. I took her blanky, pillow, etc. in there and she seemed fine about it. I put Andrew in his crib and left. He FREAKED out that she was not in the room with him. [​IMG] He was absolutely hysterical. So I went in and told him that I would bring her back in, but only if he promised to go to sleep. So he laid down and I went to get her. I put her back in her crib and she FREAKED out b/c she wanted to go back to her pnp [​IMG] He was fine. So I went back up and asked her what was the thing she wanted most for Christmas and she said Cranky the Crane. I told her that if she calmed down and went to sleep I would go call Santa and make sure that he brought it. She was asleep in 5 minutes. So they both went to sleep in the same room a few minutes after 2pm - vs. 3:30 or later for the last week!!! Let's hope nap is back at our house [​IMG] I need to break out the Santa bit more often!!! [​IMG]

2. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

I decided I would separate them for nap. I asked them who would like to sleep in the PNP in the other room and Catherine volunteered. I took her blanky, pillow, etc. in there and she seemed fine about it. I put Andrew in his crib and left. He FREAKED out that she was not in the room with him. [​IMG] He was absolutely hysterical. So I went in and told him that I would bring her back in, but only if he promised to go to sleep. So he laid down and I went to get her. I put her back in her crib and she FREAKED out b/c she wanted to go back to her pnp [​IMG] He was fine. So I went back up and asked her what was the thing she wanted most for Christmas and she said Cranky the Crane. I told her that if she calmed down and went to sleep I would go call Santa and make sure that he brought it. She was asleep in 5 minutes. So they both went to sleep in the same room a few minutes after 2pm - vs. 3:30 or later for the last week!!! Let's hope nap is back at our house [​IMG] I need to break out the Santa bit more often!!! [​IMG]

3. avaoliviamom

avaoliviamom Well-Known Member

That is too funny Melissa... I wish I could use the Santa thing all year long!! Isn't it funny how we were all complaining about no naps and now mine and your both napped today!!! Ahh motherhood... Enjoy your quiet time..

4. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

What a cute story! [​IMG]

5. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

That is too funny. Is Santa bringing her Cranky?