Too cute??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by newmommy1361, Oct 23, 2006.

1. newmommy1361

newmommy1361 Active Member

A couple I know named their b/g twins Jackson & Jillian. My DH thinks it's funny because their nicknames are Jack and Jill...What are your opinions on "matching" twin names?

2. newmommy1361

A couple I know named their b/g twins Jackson & Jillian. My DH thinks it's funny because their nicknames are Jack and Jill...What are your opinions on "matching" twin names?

3. JenM.

JenM. Well-Known Member

LOL.

It is cute but my gosh are those kids going to get teased. Being a kid is hard enough without a name that is easy to be teased about.

4. abbyj

abbyj Well-Known Member

That's pretty unfortunate...but the names by themselves are adorable!

5. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The actress Jill Hennesey (Crossing Jordan) has an identical twin sister named Jaquline. They are Jaq and Jill. (Jaq has stood in for Jill on occasion)

6. newmommy1361

quote:
    Originally posted by Kendra:
    The actress Jill Hennesey (Crossing Jordan) has an identical twin sister named Jaquline. They are Jaq and Jill. (Jaq has stood in for Jill on occasion)

LOL. I didn't know that! [​IMG]

7. luv_my_kidz

luv_my_kidz Well-Known Member

I like their names in whole, but not the nickname. They will be teased in school for sure!! [​IMG]

8. returntoshore

returntoshore Well-Known Member

Personally, I do not like matchy twin names--I think it may be hard enough to assert their own identity in youth without having similar names. Of course many people like them, and that's OK for them--but definitely not for me.

9. TwinMama6

TwinMama6 Well-Known Member

I don't mind 'cute twin names' but Jack and Jill is not my style! lol!

10. Marbear

Marbear Well-Known Member

Fine on their own, but together you are asking for teasing.

Speaking of "too cute", my friend's maiden name was Wimblerly. Her mom thought the perfect name was Kimberly. That's right, she named her kid Kimberley Wimberley. You don't want to be THAT mom [​IMG]

11. --Bekki

--Bekki Well-Known Member

That's too cute!!!
    And I doubt they will get teased about it...

12. princesslaura

princesslaura Member

Well, I know of twins, born in 1980, called Sally-Ann and Jack. It wasn't until 1993, when the Nightmare Before Christmas was released. Jack and Sally. They've been teased on and off about it ever since [​IMG]

I feel lucky. There's not much you can do with Maddy and Leah!