Toys you hate

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Beth*J, Feb 22, 2009.

1. angeez78@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Kyrstyn @ Feb 22 2009, 06:55 PM) [snapback]1200654[/snapback]
    Beth I love your new Avi! :wub: Your girls are getting so big and so cute!!

I don't really have any toys I hate. There is a Cookie Jar shape sorter toy that sings the same obnoxious song over and over again that drove me a little batty. I moved it up to their bedroom, so now they only play with it before bed and that has seemed to work better to maintain my sanity.

This one "shapes are in my cookie jar, triagle, heart and star. There's a circle over there here's a square". LOL! We have it too, doesn't annoy me yet though.

2. twinmuffin

twinmuffin Well-Known Member

QUOTE(JenniferTwinMomMinneapolis @ Feb 23 2009, 09:41 AM) [snapback]1201511[/snapback]
    Fortunately the toy that I hate lives at Grandma's house so we only have to see it once in a while. It is this Mickey Mouse-themed ride-on airplane, with multiple buttons and sound effects. But their favorite sound effect is Mickey saying "Flying always reminds me of my favorite song, wanna hear it?" and then it plays the theme from Mickey Mouse. Cute right?

Well DD likes to hit the button over and over again so we hear nothing but "FlyingFlyingFlyingFlyingFlyingFlyingFlying" and it is super loud.

SO glad that toy lives at Grandmas.

-Jennifer

LOL - I actually like this toy! i think when the propeller starts it is awesome! The only thing I don't like is baby H likes to put toys in and out of the compartment, and that is usually when baby B decides to stand on top of it and smooosh baby H's fingers.

3. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

Natalie got this Super Grover Building Set for Christmas and Hannah got the Abby Cadabby one. The girls love them and they are the only Christmas present they have played with everyday since Christmas. I hate them though! They fall apart very easily and I am constantly helping one or the other put her precious "guy" back together and when they are not playing with the the parts are all over!!

The cookie jar - we have that but it was never a hit, it's in a donation box in our basement right now

loved the puppy - but he was a downstairs toy, no puppy in the bedroom!

4. twinmuffin

twinmuffin Well-Known Member

5. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Fran27 @ Feb 23 2009, 01:36 PM) [snapback]1201691[/snapback]
    The Vtch beetle. Oh my gosh. I'm so sick of hearing those horrible songs and 'Oops! follow the flashing light again'.

Are you referring to crazy legs? This is my all time LEAST favorite toy ever! The girls finally 'killed' it and I took the batteries out and donated it to the thrift store.

6. PurpleNurple

PurpleNurple Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Snittens @ Feb 23 2009, 02:05 AM) [snapback]1201004[/snapback]
    My all-time most hated toy was the Laugh and Learn Puppy! I can't believe I actually put it on their list for their first birthday. I saw it in the store and thought it was cute, little did I know how much I would hate that thing! I couldn't stand that it would turn off, but then you just press it again and it turns back on. Hello! Bye Bye! I Love You! The voice of it is so irritating too. Bleh!

Bahahaha!!! I hated that thing too...my inlaws bought it for the kids.....and I have to say, I loved the box....my dd thought it was a chair...lol.
    But that dog - I would be standing in the kitchen and it's in the other room, on the other side of the house and I can hear "Lets Sing and Play Games!!" And the kid are in BED!! Stupid toy...air sets that thing off...lol.

I finally started yelling back "Let's not and say we did!!"

7. PurpleNurple

QUOTE(double-or-nothing @ Feb 23 2009, 04:35 PM) [snapback]1201794[/snapback]
    Mr. Potato Head <_< The peices are very hard for the girls to get in and out and it ends up being 20 thousand little arms, eyes, ears, feet etc all over the friggin house. Very annoying!

Yup...my MIL bought TWO Mr. Potato Head BUCKETS - So that is SIX Potato heads + all their pieces!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: My son loved faces and eyes and noses and mouths and putting things like that together, so it seemed like a good idea at the time.
    But like all their toys with a gazillion pieces - they are put away, far, far away in the back room lol! :rolleyes:

We do have a cute Larry the Cucumber dress up toy, with eyes and interchangeable outfits and hats. That is kept in a box on the fridge, and he only gets to play with it sitting down at the table...never running around the house with it. He loves that one!

8. PurpleNurple

9. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

too funny about the LNL puppy, i always wanted it and never got it for some reason....

i actually really like the mickey mouse plane with the propeller, i actually just put new batteries in it today :D we also have the cookie jar and i have no animosity towards it whatsoever.

probably the toys i like least are a fisher price soccer goal with an inflatable ball, the kids are always pulling out the valve and sucking on it and then they want me to blow it up again. ALL DAY LONG. and a fisher price bowling set where the pins are really top heavy for easy knocking down, but mine just dont get it, and they like to lug these heavy, useless things around all day. the bowling ball is LOUD on the floor too (we have tile).

10. heathertwins

heathertwins Well-Known Member

I've had that cookie jar dropped on my toe -- a real weapon. I keep it up on the shelf and only bring it down every so often so I keep the pieces and I dont' get sick of it.

We got this WIGGLES mat which has 5 circles on it that play various parts of a song --- just the most annoying thing ever !!!!!!!!!! Thanks to my weird SIL ....

11. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

12. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twinmuffin @ Feb 23 2009, 06:22 PM) [snapback]1202088[/snapback]
    Yes, and the problem with this toy is there are no batteries that you can remove.

Exactly!

13. ldsangel19

ldsangel19 Well-Known Member

The toys I usually hate are the ones that my in-laws buy. :blush: Mainly this one. It's LOUD and annoying. And the girls fight over it.

14. Pookeysue

Pookeysue Well-Known Member

Ok, I can tolerate MOST of the toys that the kids get. I guess I just tune them out if they are annoying. There was one toy that I would love to be able to take back to the store and get my money back on. It is the Busy Ball Popper. The balls pop out and go all over the room and if you dont have the right number of balls it doesnt work right... UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It got so that they just started playing with the balls and they never played with the rest of it. It was a very expensive way to buy balls!!! LOL!!

http://www.hasbro.com/playskool/busybasics...roduct_id=13031

15. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Pookeysue @ Feb 24 2009, 12:37 PM) [snapback]1203332[/snapback]
    Ok, I can tolerate MOST of the toys that the kids get. I guess I just tune them out if they are annoying. There was one toy that I would love to be able to take back to the store and get my money back on. It is the Busy Ball Popper. The balls pop out and go all over the room and if you dont have the right number of balls it doesnt work right... UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It got so that they just started playing with the balls and they never played with the rest of it. It was a very expensive way to buy balls!!! LOL!!
    http://www.hasbro.com/playskool/busybasics...roduct_id=13031

We love that toy! I bought it at a consignment store for $6.00 and it didn't come with the right number of balls. We just used a couple of plastic balls from a different toy (they are a tiny bit smaller, but still work) and it works fine.

16. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

We got the smaller Tonka fire engine for DS at Xmas. Well, the fireman it came with is WAY to big to fit inside, so after repeated fits, we had to throw it away. Then he's trying to shove his GeoTrax people in there, which fit but roll around. So, more fits. Thanks Tonka for not creating a proper fitting man for your stinking toy.

We have a LeapFrog alphabet bus that drives me batty! "What do you call an upside down Z? It's still Z" and other horrid little sayings send me over the edge.

17. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

we got the busy ball popper for christmas, and they love it. so much, in fact that they want to make ANYTHING pop out of it, so they shove anything that will fit into it, and then cry when it doesn't pop up. they have gotten some things pretty well stuck in there so i had to disassemble it to take it out. but i actually like the toy, just not what my kids do with it :D so now i take it out and only let them play with it while supervised and have no other sorting shapes or heavier balls from other toys around.

18. ca2pa2005

ca2pa2005 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(mommymeg @ Feb 22 2009, 06:01 PM) [snapback]1200660[/snapback]
    I hate the See and Say things. They never work right and sound possessed. They do nothing but frustrate my children.

I had bought one of these for the girls and I hate it. They don't have any interest in it, although they may be too young. I swear it doesn't work half the time anyways. I think it might be getting lost:)