toys

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by newtothis, Jul 26, 2010.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

we still keep the kids exersaucers out. we dropped them down and they cruise and play around them. we also have 1 tabletop toy.
    is there anything else that would be worth buying to keep the kids active and busy?

2. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

My guys really liked the ride-on/push behind toys (we have 2 of them, THIS and THIS ). We just recently retired the second one, but they still use the first one daily! They also really liked their Leapfrog table (it really helped when they were learning to pull up and walk).

Honestly though, my guys get a lot of activity playing with thing like laundry baskets and scarves. They run around the house pushing each other around, and trailing scarves behind them! :lol:

3. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

We have the fisher price laugh and learn house that they love. Also, PP was right, anything they can push (right now they like trucks they can crawl behind and push ) is a hit.

4. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yup push/ride on toys are a hit here:) and the more she posts the more I think Nate and Jack's Mom has my 2 boys at her house a lot of the time! Or I'm beginning to think it comes with the territory of naming my son Jack...everyone said he would be a handful;) They love playing with everything they shouldn't! We have a FP house too, ours is a barn and the boys still play with that:) Really, anything with wheels is a go in this house;)

5. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

we have push toys....i will look into the house.
    i loved my kitchen when i was little, lol.

6. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

We have the FP laugh and learn house too (bought it used on Craigslist for $30) and the boys LOVE it! We also have a walk behind toy, but when one uses that the other cries and gets in his way. And Colin has a hissy fit whenever he walks the toy into a wall or cabinet :lol: We don't have room in our living room for both boys to be using such toys, thanks to all of the baby gear laying around including a super playard. So we just have the one walk-behind toy that we only pull out sometimes and try to keep them from fighting over it or getting to agitated when they encounter a road block.

7. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Riding toys (I have one similar to the Fisher Price one that Valerie posted, and a second, cheaper, playskool one), big trucks/tractors to push around, the FP laugh and learn home, shape sorters, ring stackers, ball droppers....etc anything that they have to use their hands for!

8. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

Ours also LOVE the Laugh and Learn kitchen. Their other favorite "toys" right now are an empty cardboard box they can crawl into (a packing box from when we moved) and a clear rubbermaid tub. They climb in it, on top of it, press their faces against it to look through it, etc.

9. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

Laugh and Learn Home
    Laugh and Learn Piggy Bank
    Little People toys
    Ride-on toys
    Shopping cart
    Water table

10. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Ha! :lol: It's the name, I swear it! My Jack was named after his grandfather (my late father, who was a handful himself), and boy does he take after his namesake. ;)

11. ssb2e

ssb2e Well-Known Member

We have a tunnel/tent type of thing that my guys LOVE. They crawl through that, flip it over, pull things in and out, etc... I got it when they were almost 1 (so crawling) and still to this day, they play with that thing pretty much every day!

12. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Shopping cart, bubble lawnmower, push to ride toy, mega blocks, play kitchen (though we got that at 2, but I think mine might have liked it during their SY), My Pal Scout (I wish I got that sooner, my kids love that toy), and tents

13. heather.anne.henderson

heather.anne.henderson Well-Known Member

Mine both love their little coupes. They play with them alot. THey climb in them and they love to push them around. Our Jacks loves any ball and his favorite toy is his little golf club and golf ball. Bella's fav is ITOT on my Iphone!:) I also got them the neat and tidy cottage that is in or living room, they really like that. Most of the other toys they are bored with. They love to get into the laundry basket and have me spin them on the tile.

14. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

One of mine loves his shape sorter (not the baby one..the nine shape one) He now knows all the shapes..even crescent! He loves it. They also both like putting pennies in a piggy bank and their gear toy.