Train table for girls?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by scrappycindy, Oct 17, 2011.

1. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

Have any of you got train tables for your girls? Mine just turned 2.5 years and they love the ones at Toys R Us. Thinking about Christmas ideas for the gparents.

2. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

We've had a lot of girls come over and play trains at our house when my oldest was this age (our playgroup is 75% girls). I think it is a great idea but I love the toy trains.

3. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

My girls loved the train table from about age 2-4. They used it for trains sometimes, but mostly used it as a general art/play surface. It was the perfect height for them, and would have been worth it for that alone, even if we didn't have any trains.

If you are buying trains and track too, I highly recommend the bendy track. It can be very frustrating for little ones (or their parents/grandparents) to try to make the tracks match up, and having a few pieces of bendy track gives you a lot more options.

4. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

My girls are huge fans of trains, but we've never had an official table. None of them are big enough to contain the train villages they create, so we use their art table if they want to put trains on a table and then the floor for everything else. A table sounds like a great present idea from the grandparents!