travel potty: One Step Ahead vs. Cool Gear?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by naomi02, Aug 19, 2008.

1. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

I ordered a travel potty the other day, thinking it was One Step Ahead brand. It came today & when I opened it my 1st impression was the quality wasn't what I was expecting. Looked at the box & realized it was a brand called Cool Gear.

I really ordered it with a specific trip in mind & don't know if I send this one back & order a new one if it will get here in time. However, I don't want to pay $23 for a potty that's not going to last......I'd also planned on keeping it in the back of my truck for emergencies in town.

Has anyone else had this brand, or the OSA that we can compare the quality?? Thanks!

PS - they look identical

2. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

I dont have this but I do ahve a seat that we use in the house and travel with and it was only 2.99. The price has since went up to 3.99 but it works great! When traveling you can just toss a plastic bag in it and be all set.

LOVE this seat!!!!

Ikea Potty Seat!

3. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Are you sure it is not the same one? No where on the one step ahead does it say it is their brand.

4. naomi02

QUOTE(ljcrochet @ Aug 20 2008, 12:02 AM) [snapback]937868[/snapback]
    Are you sure it is not the same one? No where on the one step ahead does it say it is their brand.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about that. Look at the one from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Travel-Potty/dp/B000JOQL82

says it's also available from One Step Ahead. I'm going to call them tomorrow......right now they're closed.

5. ruthjulia

ruthjulia Well-Known Member

i ordered the same one from one step ahead and i'm pretty happy with it. it's great from a fold up and go perspective, and i love that i can use zip locks with it. the one issue i have with it is that alisha needs to sit exactly the right way to ensure that all the pee goes in the potty (vs spilling over the front).

6. korie99

korie99 Well-Known Member

I have the one from One Step Ahead that is identical to that and I love it. LOVE IT! I keep it in the car and have used it numerous times. I hate public bathrooms so this thing is just fantastic in my book. Love that it takes the ziplocs and you just toss 'em. I paid $25 for mine and it was worth every penny in my book.

7. naomi02

I finally got ahold of one step ahead & it is their potty, after all. I guess I was expecting thicker plastic. Works great so far, though I did notice the same thing about having to sit right. Sure wish it had a guard for ds when he starts!