Travel tips please!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Lexieade, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Lexieade

Lexieade Active Member

I'm traveling alone with my 3 year old twins. We fly from okinawa, Japan to china, hotel for the night and then from China to New York. I'll be alone with them this trip, but will have my husband on the way back. I'm flying air china and they don't allow carseats at the gate or on the plane at all. I originally was gonna bring a sit n stand stroller, then decided a double stroller side by side that folds up, but now I think I'll use our two single strollers with those munchkin stroller links. I've been semi freaking out about the whole trip. The last time they flew, they both threw up on landing and were pretty hard to entertain for 13 hrs on the flight. Any advice/ideas/prayers lol is greatly appreciated!

2. Lexieade

Lexieade Active Member

Duh never mind just saw the other post about this same subject, I don't know how I didn't see it before.

3. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I know you saw another post, but i will say take the double stroller DO NOT TAKE 2 single strollers that connect.  I'm guessing you will have to collapse the stroller to get through security.  It will be easier and faster to only have to fold one stroller instead of 2.  Also it is so much easier to move with a regular double stroller instead of 2.  I remember taking 2 umbrella strollers to WDW when my girls were 17 months old because our double stroller broke.  It was a big pain in the butt.

4. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I agree with Lisa.  Take the double stroller because it will be easier to navigate it in a busy airport terminal.  Also your kiddos are probably old enough that you can start talking up the trip and explaining good airplane behavior so they will know what you expect from them while you travel.  I would suggest an iPad, books, lovies (blanket, stuffed animal, etc for sleeping), and snacks.  good luck and safe travels.

5. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I really like the umbrellas hooked together--when you have two people and want the flexibility of double and single options. Just you with two kids? Double all the way.