Triple Stroller

Discussion in 'General' started by jp313001, Feb 13, 2013.

1. jp313001

jp313001 Member

Can anyone recommend a triple stroller for 3 kiddos 21 months and under?? I've heard lots of good things about the Valco Tri-Mode. Are there any others I should check into?
    THanks!

2. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had my twins and dd 18 months apart and never needed a triple stroller. I used graco duo glider for boys and wore Hannah and then as they got bigger used umbrella for Hannah and had boys hold handles.
    Annnnnd I got a Step 2 choo choo wagon!!!!! Best investment ever!!!!!!:-D

3. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Yes, just like Kim I was thinking you may not need a tripple stroller either. Are you still pregnant and your older child will be 21 months when the twins are born? I think a Double Snap and go is the best for the newborn phase when the twins are in their bucket carseats and by the time your twins are out of the bucket seats your older child will be old enough to not want to go in the stroller anymore. I only have the twins, but they stopped going in the stroller when they were about 18-20 months so we got rid of it around that time. I think you can wait until you have the twins and see how your older kid reacts to everything. Just like Kim said, you can carry one twin for a while and put your older kid and one twin in a double stroller. Either way, I would recommend you buy a Double snap and go first and then after you have the twins you can go and try different strollers and see which which one you prefer. There are some double strollers that have a toddler ramp or a toddler seat in the front, I am sure other moms that used them can give you better adivse about those, but from my experience, my 2 year olds didn't want to hear about a stroller after 18 months and just like Kim's kids they were much happier to go in a wagon.

4. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

I didn't buy a triple either... couldn't fork over the money for one. I had my twins first followed by a singleton 17 months later. I wore the baby and pushed the twins in the double stroller. I also purchased the Choo Choo Wagon and loved it. Though, now that they are older, it's a big heavy mess to pull!

I did look in to triple strollers and nearly bought the Joovy Big Caboose... has two chairs and a "jump" seat with a platform for a toddler to sit or stand on. If I had an endless supply of money, I totally would have bought the ABC Adventure Buggy. It is super cool but a little steep at over $1,200 shipped to the US.

Happy shopping!

5. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

Similar these other ladies, I did not buy a new stroller. My twins were 28m when the littlest was born and I wore her everywhere. Now, the twins are less likely to want to sit in the stroller so I will use an umbrella stroller for her and let them walk. I don't know your situation but if it is the other way around you may look into wearing the older one and having a double snap n go for babies. My experience is that triple strollers are ridiculously expensive and the older child/children's stroller days are numbered anyway.

6. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm gonna ditto all the other ladies ;) My daughter was 2.5 when I had my twins, but she hadn't used a stroller since she was about 18 months old at least! We started teaching her to walk holding our hands well before I had the twins. If she hadn't been good about staying with us, i would have worn one twin baby, and put her in the double jogger with the other twin baby. Luckily by the time the twins came along she was doing great walking alongside us. A harness for the older child is also a good idea, keeps them safe but allows them a bit of freedom while walking next to you. :)

7. staceyloraine

staceyloraine Well-Known Member

i got a peg perego triplette. and it was super helpful for the first 18 months. but my DD2 was 11 months old when the twins were born.

8. LMW1015

LMW1015 Well-Known Member

My twins were 16 months when my son was born and I was really close to getting a triple stroller but these wonderful ladies talked me out of it LOL. When Ryder was really little I just put him in a carrier that I wore and pushed the twins in the double stroller. As he got older I used the double stroller for the 2 boys and Jocelyn was really good about walking right with me and listening. As they all got bigger they took turns as to who walked and who rode in the double. Finally nobody wanted to ride in it and I would be pushing an empty stroller. LOL That was about the time I got rid of all the strollers. ;) Oh and I also got the backpacks with the "leash" for them. I was terrified to walk through parking lots and across streets with all 3 of them. Now they are 4 and 3 and do pretty good holding my hands. We go slow but we get there. ;)

9. babyhopes09

babyhopes09 Well-Known Member

We had our son 16 months after our girls were born and we already had a single and a double. Since mine were so little and my son did not do well in a carrier I needed a triple. We bought a BeBeLove triple jogger and I think it saved my sanity. We cannot fit it into our suv but it does enable me to run/walk with the kids easily..we do draw a lot of attention when we use it. My girls are 3 now and we still use it a lot. We are now able to take the double or single out and attach ribbons to plastic rings (the kind the kids use as toys when they are babies).. We call them their handles and our rule is that if you let it go you go instantly into the stroller. My son is now learning to use the handles too..so we are becoming much more mobile and get out and about a lot more now...which is no easy feat with 3 that are 3 and under.