True Blood (for people that have not read the books)

Discussion in 'General' started by Chrissy Nelson, May 20, 2010.

1. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Me too. She's a great character and so funny. :good:

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I love her too..."Do you get what I'm puttin' down?"

3. Amylwood

Amylwood Well-Known Member

I just finished reading the 9th book but have never watched the show. Looks like I need to find the first and second season on Netflix or online. I did find the very first episode online. I am really hoping to find the rest of them as well.

4. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

I'm quit mad my dish lost singal thru the part where Eric is missing his clothes :cry: I was so looking forward to it. I love both book Pam and tv Pam, she acts the same in both. I've read the books but it's been since the thrid one was released since I've read it so I don't think I could be much of a spoil sport.

Anyways go team Eric!

5. TwinLove

Okay, the more shows the more in :wub: I am falling with Eric! :blush:

Last night was good and I am happy that Bill burned Lorena... but is she dead? What will he have to do for killing her? :unsure: I can't wait!!!

I'm not sure what all will happen with Sam and his story line... kind of don't care.

And Tara and that vampire? I'm sure that will get all hot and heavy since he really seemed to enjoy her kicking that guys butt! :catfight:

6. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

Last nights episode bored me. Ugh pick it up already.

7. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

There just seems to be too many subplots going on at once... I feel like I can't keep up with all the details!!!

I loved Sookie imitating Bill calling her name... I had to LOL at that! :)

And I HATED the Snoop Dog video. I just kept saying to myself "seriously??!"

8. jromkey

jromkey Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed the second epi of the third season - though I am wondering if Bill actually burned up Lorena or maybe he was just imagining doing that?? We shall see next Sunday. B***h deserved it though!!

I also loved it when Sookie imitated Bill - it was spot on and made me laugh so hard. I love this frickin show. Glad to hear it's been renewed for a fourth season.

9. Chrissy Nelson

Oh I thought that was funny.

10. TwinLove

I only watched like 30 seconds of it before I had to turn it off, it was SO bad. :bad:

The Bill imitation was great! :laughing:

11. Eleven

Eleven Well-Known Member

Not really sure what I thought of the episode to be honest, still enjoying the series but not grabbing me, I did like the visit to Lafayette's Mum in the hospital, nice to see just how much crazy runs in that family.
    On a side note, how come every Vampire show seems to have to bring werewolves in? I quite like them in this one, but it does seem rather unoriginal because it happens so often.

12. TwinxesMom

The werewolves are from the original plot in the book which came out before twlights second book, which is all i will say in that fashion though if any one wants to start a thread or pm about the book i'm willing to talk. snoop dogg was horrible

13. kingeomer

We watched the show while on vacation. This was my Mom's first episode of True Blood. She wasn't fan :woah: but she did find Eric to be attractive. I did think last week's episode was boring...but I did love Sookie imitating Bill and Jason asking since there are really werewolves, are Bigfoot and Santa real? I am curious what happened to the guy that Jessica drained.
    I hope they pick it up soon.

14. Eleven

Eleven Well-Known Member

I wasn't directly pointing the finger at True Blood and Twilight was only one of the vampire stories of which I was thinking (not that I count them as Vampires, Real Vampires DON'T Sparkle!) But it actually came to mind as I was reading something about series 2 of The Vampire Diaries, that almost all the Vampire fiction I have read or seen has Werewolves as well and it is just never a surprise, which can get boring. That said I am liking the way they are doing them in True Blood so far.

15. TwinxesMom

Amen on the sparkling vampire thing. It makes them to invincible. Lot do have werewolves and some have half werewolf vampires lol

Amen on the sparkling vampire thing. It makes them to invincible. Lot do have werewolves and some have half werewolf vampires lol

16. Chrissy Nelson

Good episode tonight. How about that last scene!!

17. TwinLove

Yes, good episode but could be better. :pardon: I'm ready for more!! :popcorn: The last episode was :unsure: different, but all good. Not to sound dumb but is she dead now?

18. kingeomer

I agree with you Liz.
    I was kind of confused by last night's episode. I think the heat around here melted my brain.
    So Bill pledged his loyalty to the King of Mississippi to protect Sookie? What exactly does the King want with Bill? I'm not sure why he thinks Bill is so important to Sophie Ann when she told Eric, Bill could rot. What the heck did Bill do to Lorena? I don't think she's dead because she seems to be like bad guys in horror flicks, nothing seems to kill them the first 10 times.
    I don't think I am getting the point of Franklin. Who sent him?
    Sam needs to :escape: from his family!
    I wish Eric would come to my house and give me a sports car for some mysterious reason.
    Last but definitely not least, Alcide is totally HOT! *fanning myself*

19. TwinLove

Thanks Nancy for asking all those questions because I'm a little confused there too. :pardon: Didn't the king say he wanted something on the queen so they could get married and I guess he wants to control Louisiana too? Not sure...

I agree, Sam's family is no good. :grr: I'm not sure I even like that story line, we could do without that and add more to the others.

Alcide is :spiteful: easy on the eyes.

Franklin freaks me out. :unsure:

20. kingeomer

That makes sense Liz, now that you said that...I do remember him mentioning a "marriage" but what happens to Talbot if he were to marry Sophie-Ann...though I do have to say that would be a funny spin-off comedy to this show.
    As much as I love Sam, I could also do without the re-connecting with the crazy family story line.
    I forgot to ask: who do you all think is the father of Arlene's baby?

21. TwinLove

I was trying to think who she was having sex with during that sexcapade and if it was a character we see often, but I'm not sure if he was... maybe Eggs? I can't recall at all if they did anything freaky. :pardon:

22. ShelbyJ

ShelbyJ Well-Known Member

I know this is the 3rd season, but what timeframe do you think they're working under on the show? Is it possible that in show time the whole Rene thing was just 9 or 10 weeks ago and he is the dad?

I was flipping channels the other night and stumbled across the show "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" on ABC Family. Have you seen this? It's sort of ridiculous, but guess who I saw? The actress who plays Pam plays the mother of one of the teenagers. It was sort of odd to see her in a show like that after seeing in True Blood.

23. TwinLove

I thought of Rene as well but figured that all of that (the past season) couldn't have happened in nine weeks. :faint: I guess in a show it could have. :lol:

24. Code

Code Well-Known Member

I refuse to read the books because of this, one I read/ watch something I am always disappointed and I love the show to much.

25. TwinxesMom

I thought Rene too but was thrown by the time line. The end of the episode was just freaky and no I don't thinks she's dead

26. kingeomer

Anyone watch last night?
    The episode wasn't one of my favorites...I still don't get what exactly Bill is doing with Russell and the way he dumped Sookie was just cold...though I think he thinks he is doing it for her best interest.
    Every time I see Sam's family on screen I just go :gah:
    I really think there are too many characters this season!

27. Chrissy Nelson

Everytime I see Tara on screen I :headbang: I am so sick of poor her.

I love Eric :girl_devil:

Bill I think is trying to get in on the otherside, since he knows they are in with the wolves (BTW how hot is that wolf guy with Sookie). At least this episode picked up a bit with the whole raid and all that.

That vampire with Tara is yucky!!!

28. kingeomer

I loved the fact that Alcide was shirtless for the first part of the episode. Thank you True Blood for thinking of us!
    Yeah Franklin Mott is totally creepy. Tara just has the worst luck in the world.

29. TwinLove

I can't stand Sam or his family. :umm: I really don't get why they are in the show at all!

I can't wait to see what Franklin has to do with anything... creepy man indeed! :unsure: Tara makes me mad.

I :wub: Eric and I loved his dream of going to Sookie's room. :lol:

I, too, am glad that things picked up a little...do you think the King of Mississippi ratted out Eric?

30. kingeomer

Yup, I think he did. Not a nice vampire, is he? Maybe Eric turned him down centuries ago?

31. TwinLove

:lol: Paybacks a b!tch! No, not a nice vampire but I do love that Eric didn't run. :wub: And the way he flies is just so hawt. :spiteful: :lol:

32. kingeomer

Sigh...I think everything Eric does is magic and hot. Even when he is wearing a pastel blue sweater!

Anyone watch last night?
    Sam's family is still driving me crazy! I have a feeling Joe Lee is going rob Arlene. I think Tommy will try to hook up with Jessica.
    Alcide's ex is crazy: dumps him, cheats on him like crazy and then hates Sookie for staying at his place when nothing happened :wacko:
    Russell (the king) is a great actor, I'm enjoying him this season...I think he was the hooded man in Eric's flashback. I just wonder how Eric knew to go to Mississippi for help? And I don't get Bill at all. He won't help Tara, states Sookie is no longer "his" but then freaks out when he finds that Sookie supposedly had "fun" with Alcide and tells her she's in danger and to leave Mississippi. Only to lead the King right to her and the King does not seem surprised about that weird flashy thing she can do with her hand...and what was that all about???
    :laughing: Jason pulling Crystal over shirtless.

33. TwinLove

I'm getting a bit irritated with the show. :blush: I LOVE the whole storyline with Eric :wub: Bill, Sookie... all that jazz but I feel like they are spending way too much time on Sam and Jason. :lazy: Or they should at least move it along a bit. :wacko: I'm curious to see what is up with Crystal but I'm sure it'll be one of the last episodes where we find out! :lol:

I, too, think The King was the hooded dude that was at Eric's house.

Eric knew to go to the King because remember him and Sookie were talking about Bill being in Jackson (from that werewolf that came to get her) That whole storyline is messy and fun and I want to MORE!! I can't believe that Tara is going to become a vampire. :shok:

How about Jesus? He is HAWT! :spiteful: Him and Lafayette are hot pair.

As for Bill, I have no idea if he did that on purpose. I don't think he lead the King to Sookie on purpose. He's still in love with her and is trying to break free from her but just can't do it.

34. kingeomer

Yeah, they do need to pick up the Sam and Jason storylines...I guess we are not supposed to like Sam's family but I cannot believe that Sam would be so dumb not to see through them... I am curious about Crystal too but I think they do need to do more with Jason then just having him try to be a cop and wonder about Crystal.
    Duh, I totally forgot about that conversation between Eric and Sookie. I think this whole season should focus on that. I loved how Talbot checked Eric out and how Eric appreciated being checked out. I also love how much he wants to protect Pam.
    Jesus is very HAWT...lucky Lafayette.
    I don't think Bill did it on purpose but he did tell Sookie that time was running out for him and he knew the King was on to him about Sookie, so I would have thought maybe he would have found another way to warn her (like use Eric or something)...I guess he just didn't think his plan out clearly or was outwitted by the King. I have a feeling that Sookie will make the final break between them when she finds out what exactly went down with Lorena and that he refused to help Tara.
    I did see that in the promo about Tara :woah: and freaky!

35. TwinLove

I'm FINALLY starting to get really excited. :woohoo: I hope they pick it up even more (and praying they drop the Sam storyline and Jason... I know I keep saying it but :pardon: ) I fast forward through those parts, so they are useless. :lol:

:Clap: I can't wait to see what all happens. I really thought Bill was done... and Eric??? He really loves Pam, huh? :umm: