True Blood (for people that have not read the books)

Discussion in 'General' started by Chrissy Nelson, May 20, 2010.

1. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I tell you what (sounding like Hank Hill here)...Stephen Moyer is really rocking as Bill this season. I loved his almost-final confrontation with Lorena and his wish that he wished he met her before she was turned to see what she was like before she was a homicidal psychopath stalker. Poor Bill...first Lorena and then V-wolves.
    Eric really does love Pam...I also wonder if he's playing both ends against the middle to get his revenge on Russell. Him telling Sookie he does not care about her, gets her out of his way and also prevents Russell (and possibly the queen) from using her against him. Pam is probably leverage enough. I just don't know that Eric's revenge plans are going to work real well against a 3,000 year old vampire.
    They really could have left out the Sam and Jason storylines this week. Jason harassing the QB kid is kind of creepy.

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm finally caught up! Just started watching about a month or two ago, had to make it through season one and two, and finally I got to watch the newest episode last night.

My thoughts.
    1. Eric is tall.
    2. Bill is boring.
    3. I still don't understand the attraction of Sookie by anyone.
    4. Tara needs to die already.
    5. Lafayette is hot hot hot!!
    6. Sam's story lines are meh, but he's not a bad actor.
    7. I :wub: Jessica.
    8. I really like Terry and Arlene and the fact that she's carrying Rene's baby is hilarious because poor Terry has no clue.
    9. The werewolves are meh. There are ways of being trashy without acting poorly.
    10. The actor that was with Lafayette in Eric's dungeon/prison in season 2, his character's name was Royce. :lol:
    11. I liked Jason's storyline in season one and two, season three, wanting to be a cop? Not so much. Too predictable. He's a good actor.

Now for my thoughts on the current plot. . .
    Eric is playing Talbot and trying to get in with the King. He doesn't really love Pam, he cares about her because he created her, but I think ultimately he will sacrifice Pam to get what he really wants. Power. He wants to be King of Mississippi and Louisiana.

Franklin's attraction to Tara. Crazy is as crazy does. I don't like either as a character and I really don't understand why this is such a prominent story line. I really see Tara as a means for something else to happen (the mynad to inhabit Sookie's house, Sookie's escape (partially) from the King of Mississippi's mansion grounds). And the crap with her mom? Definitely not needed.

Bill's breakup with Sookie. Is it sad that I really don't feel sorry for Sookie? But I do feel bad for Lorena.

The King and Queen. Surprisingly I think this is a storyline that is pretty good. The queen owes gobs of money, so the King arranges a marriage of convenience and power. The queen is relieved of her debt, the King owns her now.

Uhhhh, the werewolves. I think they're overused in vampire fiction. But they've always been overused. The trashiness is overacted, but maybe that's supposed to be part of their primal appeal?

And Lafayette. Poor Lafayette. I think he's the best character on the show and the best actor. A gay, semi-cross dressing, drug-dealing, male hooker. And he's the sanest character out of his family. I'm not sure where the Jesus line is going to go.

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Right?! :umm: It is creepy and I can't figure out why they keep showing us that. I did see an interview with the actor that plays Jason and he said that Jason is something... but so far I've got nothing... a sex addict? :lol:

I agree... I'm liking Bill alot more this season, especially more then last. I'm still wondering if they are ever going to tell us what Bill did with that guy from Texas that he saved from Lorena that could also read minds like Sookie... just something I keep thinking about.

4. TwinLove

Of course he's playing Talbot, I think he's trying to play the King too... like Nancy said, I think he really does still care about Sookie and he has a bigger plan with all this (or at least I'm hoping). I like your thinking though of him wanting to be king of Mississippi and Louisiana!!

I'm not sure about Jesus and Lafayette either... I think it's like the Sam and Jason storylines, just there to keep them in the show but the only difference is I like this one more then the others. :lol:

5. kingeomer

I had not thought about Eric being the king of both Mississippi and Louisiana...that's an interesting thought. I always thought of Eric as a behind the scenes kind of guy. But then again, he did remind the Queen that he is older then her. I wonder how one gets to be vampire royalty?
    I wonder what the something Jason is...and what does that QB have to do with it?
    I totally forgot about the telepath in Texas...will he see him again?

:yahoo: Bex for catching up!

6. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

Good episode last night. I wonder why bill was alright in the sun...

7. kingeomer

Yes it was! I'm thinking it had something to do with ingesting some (or in Bill's case, quite a bit of) Sookie's blood.
    Did not expect Lorena to be gone from us so soon and I think Alcide made a huge boo-boo letting Debbie live.
    Loved Tara kicking Bill out of the van.
    Loved Sam freeing all the dogs and telling off his 'parents.' Great scene!
    Loved Lafayette at Sookie's bedside, handling the donor lady and saying the prayer.
    We don't get to see the brother and sister relationship often between Jason and Sookie and it was nice to see it last night.
    Whatever it is about Sookie, I think Eric knows.

8. Eleven

Eleven Well-Known Member

First a great big YES!! :thanks: :banana: :drinks: they finally killed of Lorena, hated her.

Hopefully now that Sam has rescued his brother from his parents they can have a violent shown down and all get killed, bored of them.

Glad Sookie rescued Bill, even more glad he scares her now, roll on her and Eric getting together to be King and Queen ;)

Overall a very good episode, Lafayette as ever fantastic and Jason slightly less annoying than he has been lately.

9. Chrissy Nelson

:laughing: I like how Jason said he needed Meth to give to the guy in prison because he was in love. And Lafayette said
    "in love with the guy in prison??" :laughing:

10. kingeomer

:laughing: Loved that line. I also loved Jason's line about how he didn't think he was smart enough to get depressed :rofl:
    Jordan-Sookie and Eric as King and Queen, now that would be some fireworks going on!!!

11. TwinLove

How did you guys like last nights episode? :popcorn:

I liked it alot!! I want to know what Sookie is!! :gah: They keep teasing with it. <_< I love Eric's revenge but now what? :unsure: What is Russell going to do with him? I'm scurd. And I was so happy he still loves Sookie... but I wonder why not to trust Bill? Hmmmm...

Glad Jesus is back. :good:

I wonder what is up with Crystal... but not that much but since they keep sticking it in my face, I wonder. What animals are they?

12. kingeomer

I liked it. I finally decided that after three years I don't like Bill and Sookie as a couple. And the reason is since they are engaged in real life, I have hard time watching their love scenes :bad: I feel like I'm intruding and I should not feel that way when I am watching TV in my own house.
    I want to know what the deal is with Sookie too. I don't know how Russell hasn't seen through Eric yet...he's always try to blow off Russell's plans to nab Sookie and then he is over the top with his praise and admiration of Russell...I would think Russell's been around long enough that someone like Eric just doesn't behave like that. Poor Talbot though. I think the not trusting Bill is that Bill has been tracing Sookie's lineage and apparently is doing so at someone's request (I think Sophie Anne) and so therefore Eric is telling her not to trust him. Though Sookie has total blinders to Bill (loved Tara comparing their relationship to a bad country song).
    Loved the fight with her and Debbie in the end, that was great.

I'm not loving Crystal or the people from Hotshot. I know they need to give Jason something to do but seriously?

13. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I thought last night's episode was great because it, moved everyone's plots along quite well. Glad to see Jesus back, I wish Lafayette would just get his own show! I think he's hilarious. Glad to see Eric getting his revenge, although I don't see how he can beat Russell. DH didn't really enjoy his love scene with Talbot very much :laughing: Tara freaks me out.. she's way too intense. The fight between Debbie and Sookie at the end was awesome!

Wasn't there some sort of suggestion earlier on (like last season?) that Bill had been "commissioned" to find Sookie? I am guessing that plays in to Eric's warning and we've seen hints that Eric actually has feelings for Sookie. That would be an interesting relationship. ITA that I hate watching Bill and Sookie's sex scenes.. it's squicky.

(I admit, I have read the books, but I think the series has enough of a departure from the books that it's hard to predict what's next)

14. Eleven

Eleven Well-Known Member

No, No, NO!
    I really don't not want to see Bill and Sookie back together, just doesn't work for me at all. The sooner they get her and Eric together the better.
    The teasing over Sookie and her powers had better have a pretty spectacular conclusion or I am going to be very disappointed.
    Jessica is still great and I always enjoy her story lines, nice to see her letting loose on that werewolf at the end :D

15. TwinLove

:laughing: So true. Lucky for me I've forgotten they are together in real life. :huh: I still want her with Eric.

I loved seeing Jessica pop out at the end to help out with the wolves :wub: I like her character alot!!

As for the warning, Sookie knows Bill had all that info on her, no? I thought Russell had told her. :pardon: I could be wrong. Either way, I'm glad they've picked up on the stories.

16. kingeomer

Yes, that is right! My God, I think it's time for me to go the old folks home because I totally forgot about that.
    Jordan-I love Jessica, I was worried for her safety towards the end there but I am glad she beat that wolf at the end! I agree that Sookie and Eric need to be together soon! Or Sookie and Alcide...anyone but Bill.
    Jen-I read up to book 8, I agree, the series is so much a big departure from the books, I have no clue what's happening next. I love me some Lafayette too. His mother kept saying he was "powerful" and Jesus seemed to agree...Franklin said the same about Tara...is there something with their family? :unsure:

17. TwinLove

YES! I forgot about that part!! So it looks like everyone in that town has something going on with them. :lol:

And I keep forgetting about Alcide (D'oh!) I wouldn't be mad if Sookie got together with him either. He's so stinkin' hot! :spiteful:

I didn't like when Renee popped back up in Arlene's dream. :escape: That guy always freaked me out!!

18. Chrissy Nelson

I felt dirty at the end of the show. I did like it but I do not like the story line with Jason and that girl.

19. kingeomer

Anyone watch last night?
    I still feel like a :spy: with Bill and Sookie love scenes...stop it already!
    I thought Eric really rocked all of scenes last night. Still wondering what Jesus is up to. Sam really lost his stuff tonight and Jason taking care of Franklin was awesome. Don't really like Crystal or her family, hoping that Lafayette just drops them off in the Gulf somewhere.
    Loved Russell at the end, the Authority has to believe Eric now. Wonder if they will send him some reinforcements for his revenge?

20. TwinLove

I was so pissed that Bill didn't say what Sookie is. :gah: AND there are only THREE more episodes?!?! WTF? :cry: :cry: Very saddening!

21. kingeomer

Liz, I was little confused about how Franklin survived the head bashing...I am assuming it's because what ever she used, it wasn't wood or silver...and she didn't go through the heart :unsure:
    I cannot believe there is only 3 eppys left. I agree, please Bill, if not for Sookie's sake then ours...tell us what she is. That is being drug out.
    I'm hoping that whatever Jesus is, I hope he is for good and not evil!

22. Eleven

Eleven Well-Known Member

Great Episode :D
    Loved Lafayette's mum, "maybe God Does love fags"
    Franklin came back because the only way to kill a vampire is sunlight, beheading or staking through the heart or at least those are the only ways we have been shown so far, she probably disabled him for quite a while, but he didn't explode into loads of red gunk, so not dead.

23. Chrissy Nelson

http://perezhilton.com/2010-08-17-true-blood-mega-hotness Check out the new Rolling Stone cover.

This show is getting good but why is it almost over!!

24. kingeomer

Good Lord, Alexander Skaragard cannot possibly be that beautiful and hot :faint: I need a cold shower :escape:

25. TwinLove

I am right there with you Nancy :spiteful: Holy hotness! Great, sexy cover. All three look good... but Alexander looks the best. :lol:

26. Chrissy Nelson

What did you guys think about the newsreporter getting his spine ripped out??

27. TwinLove

Very graphic BUT I think it fit in perfect for them being vampires and just how crazy Russell is. :diablo: Much more "dramatic" then just twisting the newscasters head off :laughing:

28. kingeomer

It did make me cringe a little but I agree with Liz, it was to show how off the tracks Russell is going. If talking to Talbot in a crystal cookie jar wasn't enough.
    Plus, I think Russell was trying to make his point that vampires don't want to be your friend.

29. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:laughing: It was a little vague, but I think you're right. I thought the whole part at the end was awesome... Now, time for the weather! Tiffany!

It's too bad that Russell probably won't survive this season because he totally makes the show for me this year. And they should just permanently outlaw shirts for all the guys on this show, except for Andy Bellfleur.

30. TwinLove

Jen, I like that rule. :spiteful: And Eric should also only be in his undies. :pardon: I'd say naked, but I wouldn't be able to pay attention to the storyline then. ;)

31. Chrissy Nelson

I loved Russell with his jar with Talbott in it. I especially liked that it had to be clear.

32. kingeomer

For you Chrissy:
    R.I.P Talbot

33. TwinLove

What did you all think about last night? :popcorn:

I enjoyed it! But I did burst out laughing when Bill said she was a fairy! :laughing: Not sure why... I guess everyone is so evil and these cool things and she's a fairy! :lol:

Jesus and Lafayette's "trip" was very cool... I enjoyed that part. :good: So he's a sorcerer?

Is Crystal a shifter? Or she only turns into a.... whatever that big cat was, a jaguar? :pardon: Still don't care about that story.

Eric was great as always. :wub: I LOVED Pam and the "blah, blah, vampire emergency, blah" :rotflmbo: She rocks and I'm glad she got through to Eric. Good stuff, I'm only sad it got so good at the end. :(

Russell is just pure craziness and awesomeness. :unsure:

34. kingeomer

I burst out laughing at her reaction to being a fairy. She was not pleased at all and seemed to want to be something "cooler"
    I was confused about Jesus and Lafayette's trip...I seemed to think that Jesus either was a sorcerer like his Granddad or was more of healer type like his Grandma. It seemed like he was trying to suggest that Lafayette might be a conjurer (and maybe Tara is too...remember Maryann said that she "conjured" her).
    I think Crystal turned into a panther. I expect her to go back to her family. Or her family to come after her.
    Eric is wonderful and I love his devotion to Pam. Of course, he is going to catch the wrath of Bill (Sookie is mine! I really hate it when Bill says that.)...Russell is totally off his rocker!
    I really felt for Jason when he was telling Tara the truth about Eggs and loved him telling off Bill.
    I don't like the fact that Sam was a murderer in his prior life :(

35. Chrissy Nelson

I hated the trippy part with Jesus and Lafayette. I thought it went on forever.

The Panther chick, I am so over her.

Eric is amazing!! Him and Pam are the best.

Russell killed the dude from 90210 LOL. Poor guy.