True Blood (for people that have not read the books)

Discussion in 'General' started by Chrissy Nelson, May 20, 2010.

1. Eleven

Eleven Well-Known Member

Good episode :D
    The bit at the end with Russell all cuddled up to the guy he just killed, taking to him as if he was Talbot was very creepy but extremely well done.
    Crystal and her family need to just go away now, so bored already.
    Didn't really need to know that bit of Sam's back story however going to give them a chance to make me care before I moan too much ;)
    Eric locking Sookie up at the end surprised me, interesting to see how that goes.

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: I don't like that either! I want to know what is up with him and what he's witholding from Sookie. :popcorn: Eric :wub: and Bill are going to get into an epic battle (well, that's what it looked like in the previews) and I just know I'm going to be in my family room yelling ERIC!!! very loudly. :blush:

Me too!

The Sam story line puts me to bed. :lazy: I don't get why we should care anymore. :pardon:

3. TwinLove

Did you guys hear that "sookie" and "bill" got married in real life. :umm: Now we'll feel even more uncomfortable. :lol:

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes, I saw that too. I said a little prayer to the TV Gods that True Blood breaks up their characters :laughing:
    They are also presenting at the Emmys with Alexander Skarsgard.

5. TwinLove

Okay, someone tell me that they know Eric will be back next season. :unsure:

Great episode last night! Great!! Though I was upset at how they got Russell outside. Couldn't they talk to some humans to be out there and ready with some wooden bullets? :cry:

I absolutely love Pam and Jessica. :good:

6. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I told Devon that Eric has to be back, I said he was the "meat and Potatoes of the show" he looked at me like I was crazy.

That last 10 minutes was intense!!!

7. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

There's only one more episode left.. seems crazy that they're going to be able to resolve all these storylines in one more hour. I think they took a bit too much on last night.

I hate that they're trying to villify Sam.. I really like him. Tara can go though. She bothers me a lot. Jason and Crystal.. meh. I was lukewarm on her until last nights' episode, now she's just annoying. But I did like "so you turn into a panther, big deal". :laughing:

So is Arlene going to give birth to a demon?

They must be setting Lafayette up to become a witch or something next season. He's definitely tapping into his mystical side. I wonder whether Jesus was hunting him down for his powers.

Bill and Sookie.. please let their relationship end. Maybe their conversation before they ran into Russell and Eric was her realization that her life could never be close to normal. I just can't watch another season of their creepiness though.

8. kingeomer

That annoyed me last night. I'm not sure where they are going with this with Sam but right now, I don't like it.
    I just refuse to believe that they could possibly kill Eric off. I'd rather see Sookie bite it first!
    I did not like the conversation with Bill and Sookie in the car (I'll be a 3 grade teacher and fish with Jason! I'll be a real estate agent and be real rich!)...it did not even sound like them.
    Jason really looked for Sookie hard, huh? Immediately distracted by that High School QB (why are they focusing on this storyline???)...
    I do love the relationship that Eric has with Pam. I think it's one of the best relationships on the show.

9. TwinLove

It really is. :good: I love both of them... and next season would not be the same without them. :(

10. Chrissy Nelson

I agree with Pam and Eric. I also really like Hoyt and Jessica.

11. Eleven

Eleven Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to seeing how Eric gets out of that one :popcorn:

Pretty decent episode, shame that Jason and Crystal had to be in it, but we can just hope that they all die in a spectacular fashion in the next episode :)

Sam was just weird in that episode, didn't suit his character at all to be acting like that, they better have a big pay-off from it next week.

Hoyt and Jessica are great, long may they continue, it will be interesting to see what his crazy Mother does next.

The story with Arlene looks like it is being set-up to be the major plot next season.

12. kingeomer

Did anyone watch the finale?
    I was a bit disappointed in it. Where has Godric been all this time when Eric was figuring out his revenge plan? I did not like Bill at all this episode, so I really hope Sophie-Anne knocks him down several pegs.
    What was the point of Alcide this season besides being eye candy? Was glad to see him back but was sorry that his role was not more substantial...
    Jason as the caretaker of Hot Shot :wacko:
    I kind of am hoping that Sookie stays in fairy land and the show is all about Lafayette next season. I know... a girl can dream!
    I wonder where Tara is off to?

13. Chrissy Nelson

I hope Tara stays away forever.

I was so happy to see Pam and Eric made it safely, even though Bill did turn tough guy.

Nice twist finding out the whole truth behind Bill and Sookie. I did enjoy that. I bet she runs back to Wolf man and there is something hot there.

I am not sure I like what is going on with Lafayette yet. Too many story lines with everyone and now they are throwing witches in the mix.

The whole Jason story is dumb.

14. TwinLove

I thought Eric was gone for good and told my husband I would stop watching. :lol: I yelled in happiness when I saw him back!! Though I will say it was good to see Bill do that... shows he's not such a wuss. :pardon: I also liked hearing what was really up with Bill and Sookie... I can't wait to see the battle of the "biatches" :lol: I think Bill will win. ;)

I was so happy to see Tara leave, I hope she's gone for good. :blush:

Jason and those people... whatever. I'm over it and fast forwarded through it.

I didn't see the point of Alcide besides being eye candy and Eric's biatch. :pardon:

Did you guys see how evil Sookie laughed as she was pouring out poor Talbits' "stuff" :huh: She surprised me there.

Why didn't Eric go after Bill for putting him in concrete? :umm:

:laughing: and about Eric. Don't forget about Eric.

15. Chrissy Nelson

I liked when Sookie poured Tabott down the drain, but I really loved when the other chick was cleaning his container out.

My fav line of the whole show was when Eric asked Bill and Alcide if they were done eye Fu!!!!! each other. :laughing:

16. TwinLove

:rofl: I loved that line!!

17. kingeomer

Yes, definitely Eric too...he would feature prominently in my re-imagined Sookie-less version of True Blood. In this version, he and Pam declare their undying love and help Lafayette solve mysteries or something..
    I think Eric's version of going after Bill was ratting him out to Sookie. Though I think Eric should have beat him down, just to make me happy :laughing:
    Loved the eye "f" line too :rofl:

18. TwinLove

I think a beat down would have been more appropriate... ratting him out and letting him go seemed too civil, and I definitely don't watch this show for civilness. :lol:

I'm so sad that it's like nine more months until we see them. :cry: :cry:

19. Eleven

Eleven Well-Known Member

Loved the intervention scene with Hoyt and his Mum and the school councillor "You're not a real councillor, everyone knows you have a bottle of Malibu rum in your desk" :rotflmbo:

Glad Eric survived, agree that he should have beaten Bill up for doing that too him.

Liked Lafayette and his new powers, interested to see how that works out and what is going to happen with the baby.

Jason and Crys..... :gah: I just don't care enough to type anything.

20. TwinLove

Oh yeah, forgot about Hoyt's crazy a$$ mom! :unsure: She better not get Jessica :(

:gah: I can't wait til next year!!

21. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

A whole year to wait. Ugh. Thought it was a good season finale.

Jessica and Hoyt--LOVE THEM!!!!!! They are so damn cute together, but I am fearful of what the mother might do with that gun.

Sam, oh, oh. The boy done snapped. Unless it will turn out that he didn't really shoot him.

Tara--okay if I see that girl's bottom lip quiver one more time. :80: The poor actress has spent the whole season crying. Like her hair cut though ;)

Jason, so that whole scene was just stupid. Sorry. Didn't care for it and don't care for the girl he's all into. The fact that her crazy boyfriend shot some guy and then shot her father, but didn't shoot Jason seemed very unrealistic to me. *shrug*

Bill, never really loved him, but now we see another side to him. Interested to see where that plot is going

Eric, total yumminess, even all covered in mud. spilled some big beans in this episode. been fartin thoughts about it all night ^_^

And how funny were the scenes with Russel. He will be missed if he doesn't come back. He adds such great humor and tension to the scenes.

Lafayette, LOVE LOVE LOVE him. loved all that happened with him this season. Love him and Jesus together, but worry about what impact he will have on Lafayette next season.

Sookie, :headbang: she just annoys me. nuff said. maybe they'll have a season without her??? yeah right. when :pig: (ahaha, finally found a place for that emoticon. woot woot!)

22. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

ok ladies and gentleman, i have been a lurker on this thread as I have read all the books and have just started the series through netflix. I don't have HBO so that's the best I can do.

I don't want to change topics but since the series has now come to close for a short time, I wanted to ask if any of you plan to read the books in the mean time.

They are great and many of the story lines are much different than the show. it also can answer some of the questions I see you all pose.

I think its funny that many of the same sentiments remain the same. I hated Bill in the book and LOVE eric. I liked Sookie a lot in the books but I find her very annoying in the show. Tara is totally different in the show and Jason is a slimy sweaty mess in the show, so much more than in the book. (but I do like his body in the show [​IMG])

Anyway, I would recommend the books. Very easy reading and fun.

23. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I haven't read any of the books, but have thought about it. My reading list is just crazy long right now. (And the boring textbooks have to take priority...blah!)
    I just caught up completely through Netflix and SO's best friend who burned season 3 on dvd for us. (Not legally though! lol)

OMG. I'm so glad I'm not the only one is so over Sookie and Bill. They annoy me so freaking much.
    Pam, Lafayette, and Eric are my favorite characters hands down. I started out liking Tara but was over her after the whole Maryann bit. I'm sick of seeing her cry too.

I can't believe it's such a long wait until next season!

24. Chrissy Nelson

I really have no interest in the books. Not sure why, other than I am not a reader.