True Blood Season 4!

Discussion in 'General' started by TwinLove, May 19, 2011.

1. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I know I have said this before but if there is any tv character I would love to play it is Pam, I am her (minus the hot bod). Her character and nasty mouth is the best.

I am done with the evil baby story line, Jessica and Hoyt and Sams brother. honestly Tara gets on my nerves too. But darn you Eric you are hot!!!

2. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Eric and Sookie were the best of the episode. And ditto to Pam. What an ending! I cannot wait for next week!

Bill's totally going to interrupt the sex scene that I've been waiting two years for. Sigh.

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I know. :cry: When they kissed I was beyond happy. :spiteful:

I wish they'd get rid of all the storylines and just concentrate on the vamps, witches and Alcide... but him only because he's hawt. :diablo: The rest of the storylines are boring me... even had to fast forward through Merlotte and all that shizzle.

I :wub: Pam too... I hope they can reverse the spell because she was another one I liked to look at.

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree with you ladies on Pam. She rocks. Even while under a rotting spell (I love the veil and headgear she's rocking). Eric is always a hottie and I also agree Bill is going to ruin the scene I've been waiting for a long time...:gah: show!
    They do need to pare down storylines: the evil baby has got to go (though I do love Terry, he's a hoot), the Sam & Tommy storyline either needs to be dropped or changed, I like Jason but I hate his storyline and I think given all that Tara has gone through it's time for her to leave Bon Temps and make a new life in New Orleans. Alcide needs more to do.

5. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

You know where there are good storylines? The books!

2 people like this.
  6. ECUBitzy

'Xactly!

1 person likes this.
  7. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I felt like the first two seasons actually did a good job of tying together story lines, and I was glad to see characters like Lafayette included even though he wasn't in the books. The characters and feel of the books are there. Maybe part of it is the challenge of keeping people who have read the books engaged and surprised; it wouldn't be that way if they followed them too closely.

This season does feel like a bit of a mish mash of things, but I still think that the show is good summer fun. I am not super pleased that they've given Sam a dark past; he is so good natured in the books and a nice foil for all the dark nasty characters, but on the show he's just another villain. The Tommy storyline doesn't even make sense.. why didn't he shift when Joe-Lee attacked him? I have an unnatural hatred for Tara. Her character has no redeeming features for me, except maybe her relationship with Lafayette. I also think the Andy/vampire blood thing has to go; Andy has too much good comedic potential for him to be all hopped up on V.

Jason, Alcide or Eric? If I HAD to choose, I'd go Alcide. But any one would do in a pinch ;)

1 person likes this.
  8. TwinLove

Books schmooks! :blbl:

Oh yeah, I didn't even think of that... he should have shifted. But then again I don't put much effort into that storyline because I don't like it. :blush:

Hell, we won't make you choose... what's wrong with a good ol' foursome? :spiteful:

2 people like this.
  9. Chrissy Nelson

I was wondering why Tommy did not shift too, turn into a bird or something.

10. ECUBitzy

Sam Trammell is an unbelievable actor. These scenes with Tommy as Sam are so well done.

11. TwinLove

Exactly what I was thinking... he really did a great job!! I saw so much Tommy there.

Loved last night's episode... especially the end. :spiteful: :blush: I can't wait to see what Pam does to Tara and her lady friend.

12. kingeomer

I totally agree about Sam Tramell. He's always excellent on the show, even if Sam's storylines aren't that great. But he totally nailed the Tommy mannerisms. I just wonder how that storyline is going to resolve itself. Will Sam pick up on it? Or will Tommy say something?
    I was little confused about the scene with Lafayette, Jesus and Jesus's grandfather...did the grandfather tell them that they had to fear Marnie? And the spirit that went into Lafayette, apparently that is going to be the good spirit that will fight Antonia (the bad spirit in Marnie)? Or am I totally off base here?
    I really do love the Sookie and Eric storyline. I was ready to throw something at Bill. When Bill lied about Eric to Nan, I wishing that Eric had just accidentally killed him like he did Sookie's godmother. Oops.
    Pam is made of win. Even when under a rotting spell.
    Oh, is Jason really a werepanther? I did like the scene with him and Jessica. Those two do have a nice chemistry (feeling bad that I am kind of rooting for the two of them over Jessica and Hoyt).
    I wish the show would find something for Alcide to do. Get him a job at Merlottes or Fangtasia or something!

13. TwinLove

:laughing: Not a bad idea on either of those.

As far as Lafayette and spirit... that is what I thought. That the grandfather was telling them that they shouldn't fear the vampires but this Antonia chick. :good:

1 person likes this.
  14. TwinLove

Anyone else hoping for some more Eric :booty: tonight? :spiteful: I'm finally REALLY excited for another episode. :woohoo:

15. Rollergiraffe

Me! Me! This show is my favourite summer addiction.

16. kingeomer

Mine too. Plenty of eye candy to go around :diablo:
    So were you ladies happy with all the Eric last night? Sookie is one LUCKY girl.
    Do you think Jessica met the sun? Or Jason got there in time? I secretly root for those two...

17. TwinLove

I think he got there in time only because they need that storyline for him since the panther thing didn't work out. :lol:

I LOVED all the love between Eric and Sookie. :spiteful: I like this Eric but I do want the old Eric back... that evil spark did something for me. :blush:

I really like Bill's fatherly relationship with Jessica. :wub: Very sweet and it was just nice to see.

For a little I was thinking that the baby is not indeed evil but that the doll was... but last night when the baby saw the lady the doll wasn't there. Or was that lady his guardian angel maybe and it is the doll that is evil? Hmmmm.... still don't get that story and why it's there.

I guess we saw a bit in the previews that the wolves and vamps will get together and hopefully Lafayette will be on the vampires team as well. :diablo:

Anyone know how many episodes this season??

18. Rollergiraffe

All the cheesy dialogue was killing me last night.. I love the relationships they have set up in the show and the actors are great, but the writing is off for me this year. And although I could watch Eric walk around naked for a whole hour I don't like amnesia Eric. It seems out of character for Sookie to like someone who is so mopey.

19. Chrissy Nelson

I agree, I got so bored with Sookey and Eric chatting it up in bed. I got up to get a snack and Pam was getting her flesh ripped off (not in the mood for my snack after that).

I agree I like the old Eric, this one is just blah, even thought the love scenes are great. When they went from outside to inside then upstairs Devon said No way they were still going at it. There is something about Bill I really like. I am sick of Andy being on V, Tara just needs to move, and the witch is on my nerves.

20. TwinLove

I fast forward past his scenes. :gah:

I agree, there is something about Bill... I like him more this season then the others. Maybe I like powerful men? :laughing:

21. kingeomer

Bill's got the best storyline this season, hands down. Plus, I think it helps his character not to have so much screen time with Sookie :tomato:
    Andy on V is boring and Holly should not give him the time of day anymore. I hope Lafayette is on team Vampire as well. I think he is going to be the key to defeating Marnie/Antonia. As for the baby/doll/spirit...I have no clue where that is going at all.
    I think kicking Tommy out is going to come back to haunt Sam. It can't be that easy to get rid of Tommy, though I won't miss him.

22. TwinLove

Okay so this show really has me guessing where in the world it's going with everything and I love it!! :Clap:

Now I'm not sure if Lafayette will even help with the vampire thing. :umm: Still so clueless on that whole storyline!

And Alcide!! :wub: I'm glad he betrayed his girlfriend. :laughing:

I am SO ready for Eric to come back. :gah: I love the nudity but enough of his sappiness. :bad: I wonder what Mearnie is going to do with him. :unsure:

23. kingeomer

Me too!
    I have a funny feeling that Eric is going to be Marnie/Antonia's (Martonia?) servant. That whole Sookie/Eric shower/snowy bed thing was weird.
    How about Jessica breaking up with Hoyt? I couldn't believe all the things he was saying to her :woah:
    Bill and Tara wear more plot armor then a knight. Of course Bill stops Pam from killing Tara, even though Tara wouldn't have paused to spare Bill or Pam's life. Of course (according to the promos from next week) Bill gets out of the silver predicament to save Sookie's life. Bill is so much better without Sookie.
    I'm glad Alcide has some plot. I don't think him helping Sookie is going to make the girlfriend happy at all.
    I totally do not get the Lafayette/baby/evil doll storyline at all.

24. ward

ward Well-Known Member

it looked as though she was petting him like a dog so im thinking she is going to try and make him into a sort of pet??? Not so sure and this whole thing with Lafayette is freaking me out lol but in a good way im like WHAT?!?!?! And i totally agree with you on Eric im ready for him to remember again. This whole I WANNA BE WITH YOU AND BLAH BLAH BLAH is getting old.

25. Rollergiraffe

Ugh, I couldn't even watch all the Sookie/Eric scenes. We get it, you're all in love and junk. No amount of hotness can make up for that dialogue.

I am glad that Alcide betrayed Debbie too; maybe we'll see that whole storyline from the books play out.

I think Lafayette is on a different tangent now, which is fine by me. I wish Bill would have let Pam eat Tara though. And Andy? Get off of V and go back to being awesome.

26. TwinLove

Me too!! Pam NEEDS to get it out of her system. :spiteful: And Tara deserved it for going over to that side. :lol:

Is it just me or does Bill threaten with the "true death" like every two seconds? :umm: We get it, you're powerful... :laughing:

27. Chrissy Nelson

Sookie and Eric make me barf. The only good part is Erics hotness. The snow bed scene was dumb. I really like Jessica alot. Andy can just go away and so can Sams brother.

I am a tad bit bored by this season.

28. TwinLove

:lazy: B.O.R.I.N.G. :lazy:

Last night was the worst. :blush: Sookie's dream was so bad that I wished I could ff threw it. :gah: I still don't get why they had to put the Lafayette/Mavis story in there besides wasting time... but I am glad that Jessica and Jason got it on. :laughing: Only three episodes left so hopefully next week will be better because last night I was so disappointed.

29. Rollergiraffe

Agreed! I am glad Lafayette's storyline is all wrapped up now though so they can just focus on the witch war and the weres in the last couple of episodes. They must be setting up next season for Alcide to seize power?

That dream was so lame. I hate that they're just trying to draw it out and get everyone all eager to see the hot vampire/fairy threesome. I feel like in the first few seasons the would have just had the threesome and it would have been awesome, but now the writing is suffering so that they can draw out their fans' expectations. At least they put Eric back in hot clothes instead of that awful hotness-killing sweatshirt.

30. Chrissy Nelson

I zoned out last night!!! I am done with alot of the storylines.

31. kingeomer

Last night's episode was terrible. Liz, I agree, the best part was Jessica and Jason. How in the world did Arlene have Jesus' phone number? Didn't they only meet like once or twice?
    Is anyone really worried that something bad is going to happen to Bill? I'm not. He's like teflon!
    The Sookie/Eric/Bill dream was awful.
    Hope next week is much better!

32. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Ugh. The books are so good. Why ruin them? And then the show is ruining the books later on because she's writing with the show in mind. It's lose lose for everyone.

1 person likes this.
  33. ECUBitzy

I watched it last night with my sister and mom down in SC and was dying to talk to somebody about this episode. It just seemed like such fluff. Desperation to have an episode filled and a bit of sex and violence to tide us over until... what? The plot seems so derailed and unexciting right now. Bummed.

Rachael, you're right. Totally lose/lose.

34. Chrissy Nelson

I miss Pam and Erics relationship!! I also really love to see Bill and Jessica together. Tara needs to get eaten.

35. TwinLove

I am so happy his royal hawtness is back. :spiteful: And that he remembers the whole Sookie relationship!!

I think the four of them looked like Charlie's Angels at the end. :laughing: I'm interested to see how this all works out! :good: Still not the season I was hoping for but I got lots of Eric :booty: so I can't ask for anything more. :p