True Blood Season 4!

Discussion in 'General' started by TwinLove, May 19, 2011.

1. Code

Code Well-Known Member

I was not a fan of this weeks episode! :(

2. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

UGH Andys character is on my nerves. I am glad that Sams brother died (I am mean0 because I was sick of that story line.

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Oh you are not alone in being mean then. I was so happy to see him go. I didn't like how they made it SO emotional between the two brothers when just last week Sam told him off and was harsh with him and now they are such great brothers. :rolleyes:

I was hoping Andy would OD on V. :blush:

4. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I loved Andy and Jason together during the second season when they were dealing with Marianne and the whole goddess thing. I wish they had continued that awesomeness until the end of time. I think Jason is best as a sidekick, because he was even improved last night hanging out with the others outside the witch emporium.

I was glad that Tommy died too, and it also sets up for lots of were/shifter drama for next year.

If I have to listen to one more schmoopy conversation between Eric and Sookie I am going to throw my TV out the window in a hulk-style rage. God, that's painful.

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Does anyone think that Pam and Eric have more romantic chemistry then Eric & Sookie & Sookie & Bill? I actually got a little teary eyed when Pam and Eric reunited. I'm glad Eric has his memory back and at least Sookie was honest with him and honestly, he needs to make a go for it with Pam. Bill is better off without Sookie too, go hook up with Nan or someone else.
    I was also not sad by Tommy's passing, I said to DH, "True Blood finally killed a character off." Does Sam even know that Tommy fired Sookie?
    I did like Terry's intervention with Andy. But I do love Terry.
    Please give Alcide SOMETHING to do!!! Besides rescuing people. He seems to always be there when a character gets injured...

6. TwinLove

I am falling more and more for Alcide. :wub:

I loved Pam and Eric.... I loved how her voice/tone changed. When she talked to him she was so sweet and caring and then got her b!tchy tone back talking to the others. LOVE HER.

So... did Sookie break Pam's spell too? I wasn't sure if Pam was thanking her for bringing Eric back or for breaking the spell for both of them?

7. kingeomer

Good question, Liz, I was wondering the same thing. I knew the doctor was doing injections to counter the spell on Pam but nothing has been mentioned since.

8. Chrissy Nelson

I think Pam and Eric need to hook up but like Bill and Jessica it is more of a father/daughter relationship.

Pam is honestly my favorite character with eric being a close second. And lets behonest about Sookie, she pretty but Eric can do much better.

9. Chrissy Nelson

Better show, but honestly I am with Pam who cared if Sookie was in there. I feel like this Marnie story is just going to run circles.

10. Rollergiraffe

I figured Marnie was going to come back somehow, it felt a bit too neat. Sigh. Oh well, at least this episode was a bit more entertaining. Except for Eric choosing Pam over Sookie. Not cool, guy.

11. kingeomer

I would figure that after all of this time that Bill and Eric should have just figured that Sookie would be in Moon Goddess. Really, they should have just walked away as soon as Jason rolled up because they had to know why he was there.
    I had a feeling Marnie would not be that easy to get rid of and now I'm pretty nervous for Jesus. I wonder where Alcide's storyline is going now that he dumped Debbie and killed his packmaster?

12. Rollergiraffe

I really hope that we get the Debbie vs. Sookie scene in the finale and I'd imagine they're setting up for Alcide to be packmaster next season? Just a guess.

13. kingeomer

I'm down with both of those scenarios :popcorn: Debbie and Sookie do need to face off. And Alcide needs a consistent storyline...or I'm just greedy and need to see more of him :blush:

14. Rollergiraffe

Like Marnie gets confused and accidentally burns up all the shirts in the world instead of vampires and Alcide leads the mission to accept this new, shirtless lifestyle.

1 person likes this.
  15. TwinLove

:gah: Yeah, when Pam was sent away I wanted to slap Eric and hard. <_< I get you love someone but :rolleyes: PUHLEASE. Both of them looked like such wussies with the whole dying for her... so not a vampire thing to do. Otherwise I liked the episode... best one so far and of course now there is only one left. :lol:

16. TwinLove

That would be marvelous! :spiteful:

17. kingeomer

What did you think of the finale?
    I don't think Tara is dead. I bet she comes back as a vampire next season. Even the writers have had nothing interesting to do with her for two seasons and I don't think she'll be any more interesting as a vampire. This show usually cannot kill off a major character.
    Russell might be back next season and Rev. Newlin is now a vampire?
    I don't really care if Sookie ends up with Bill or Eric, I think Bill and Eric are more interesting together then with Sookie. And I think Eric's true love is Pam.
    Felt bad for Lafayette with losing Jesus and possibly Tara.
    Next to Pam and Eric, Eric and Bill, Jason and Jessica is one of the most interesting relationships on the show.
    I wonder how Alcide will handle the loss of Debbie and if it will affect his friendship with Sookie.

18. TwinLove

Oh I do hope Tara is dead. :blush: I can not stand her anymore!!!

I agree with you Nancy, I like Bill and Eric together. :diablo: Two hotties working together and hopefully they both drop this puppy dog :)lol: ) love for Sookie for a bit. And Russell!! :faint: I can not believe he'll be back... and that Rev. dude. :Clap: If next season is as good as it was last night then it'll be great!!! I just hate that we have to wait 9 months to see what happens.

And nothing ever came of Andy being with that Fairy! :umm: Wonder why that was even thrown in there. Odd.

19. kingeomer

Yeah, that was random for right now. But then Holly was dressed as a fairy and he finally opened up his feelings for her. Maybe they were going to do something with Andy and the fairy and decided against it :unsure:

20. Chrissy Nelson

Well here were my fav parts... First off was Pam talking about Sookie and how stupid her name is. I love Pam so much. Eric and Bill sith their staking and head chopping off. The whole Marnie thing was just dumb, I do hope Tara is dead!! really so sick of her drama. And lets get real they blew off half of her head.

21. TwinLove

That whole Pam scene was marvelous! Love her!! She needs more screen time next year. :good: I love how she loves Eric so much that she let down her hard arse attitude and was crying. Great acting!

1 person likes this.
  22. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I don't know why I read this thread since I don't watch the show and it only makes me mad to hear how ridiculously deviated from the book they are, but I can't stop!!! What the hell are they doing to this story? And why can't I stop tormenting myself with it??

23. TwinLove

:lol:

24. kingeomer

:laughing: :hug: Rachael

25. rrodman

I have a problem. I have to resist posting all the time to point out variances from the books. Because, really, I need to be THAT person. You will have to get a password for the thread to keep out the annoying girl.

26. Rollergiraffe

:lol:

I love the books, but I actually felt like the first two seasons were more compelling than the books. I didn't mind the changes and I can see reading the books how they'd be hard to put on screen. This last season I think they were spending too much time trying to appeal to the fan base and tease them rather than focusing on good story telling. I could go with just about any deviation from the books if it made sense and made for good tv.

Although I didn't really like this season, I thought the finale was pretty good. Pam was amazing, the Sookie/Bill/Eric thing wrapped up quickly (although not painlessly.. gawd I hate all that sappy crud!) and Debbie got shot. The Alcide/Sookie encounter was super awkward though. Is he a terrible actor, or just me?

27. kingeomer

Rachael, I agree with Jen, that I thought the first two seasons were better then the books but these last two seasons, the books are much better. Initially I really liked how Alan Ball explored characters that did not get a lot of air time in the books (Jason, Tara, Hoyt, to name a few). Now I find myself pointing out the differences between the books and the show to my DH.
    I think Alcide doesn't have enough to do. It's like the show runners know he's pretty to look at (and he is) but they forget to write him a plot with some nuance. The author is very good about putting some characters on the bench for some books, so the books are not as crowded and the show feels compelled to give each and every person something to do in every episode.

28. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I was trying to find words for exactly this. Well said. The show writers are cluttering the story line, I think.

29. rrodman

It sounds like Alcide is one of the few characters that is the same. I always felt like Harris put him in and then couldn't really decide where to go with him.

But Pam being in love with Eric? Puh-lease. As if.

30. TwinLove

God I hope not, God I hope not. :hush: I see too much of a father-daughter relationship between them and not really a sexual tension type thing... just like between Bill and Jessica. :bad: No. I just tried again to picture it and no, it can't happen.

31. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

So how Di you feel about Bill's incestuous relationship with his maker? Yuck, right?

32. TwinLove

Yes. Not only do they make them but they have to teach them the ropes and all that ... so maker = parent. :bad:

33. kingeomer

Bill's relationship with Lorena was twisted and very dysfunctional. I think out of the maker and newbie vamp relationships...Eric and Pam have the most healthiest.
    Though I wish Godric would have stuck around.