true blood season 5

Discussion in 'General' started by Code, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I thought last night was super slow, they need to get Bill and Eric out of there!! And shouldn't Pam be able to feel when Eric is being hurt of is it the other way around.

I hate the Tara storyline, although she does look really pretty with her hair like that. I am sick of the Jason storyline.

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Chrissy, I think only Eric can feel where Pam would be.

3. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Totally Anna Draper. So she either gets paid have Don Draper hang around her house and do stuff for her or bone Jason Stackhouse. I want that lady's job.

1 person likes this.
  4. Chrissy Nelson

I have to say I wish I had the part of Sookie, she has made out with every hot guy on the show. WTF is going on with Lafayette?

My favorite line of the night was... "Awkward time for a drop in Bill".

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That was a good line :laughing:
    Sookie is a hot guy magnet, she's got some mojo. Although, get Bill within shouting distance of Sookie and he turns into a jackhole. At least Eric had the brains to remember that Sookie doesn't want either of them around.
    Whatever is going on with Lafayette does it have something to do with going to see Jesus's uncle last season?? Wasn't Lafayette possessed by Marnie? I am wondering if there is another vengeful spirit possessing him and he doesn't know how to control it now that he's not around anyone who can teach him how?
    I thought Eric releasing Pam was a very tender scene. I love the relationship between the two of them. And I loved her line to Eric, "Now you are a granddaddy!"
    I did not know that Jason knew about the fairies or the fairy blood.
    I am glad that the Debbie Pelt storyline was not dragged out and that Alcide did cover for Sookie.

6. Chrissy Nelson

I still think the episode was very slow. They really need to pick it up.

7. TwinLove

:lol: That was a good one!! That and the granddaddy comment were great! :good:

Yes, the Eric/Pam scene was great. I am not a fan of her hair this season and she looks much older, no? :pardon: Still love her to bits!! I like the relationship I see her and Tara are forming... dare I think I may like Tara for once? :faint:

I dislike all the fairies being back. :rolleyes:

Agreed :good:

8. Rollergiraffe

There is way too much happening here. Every time they switched scenes I kept thinking 'OMG, yeah, I forgot about that.' And last week Jason is seduced by an old teacher, and now this week he's kicked out of fairy sex club after covering up for his sister? Debbie Pelt issue just goes away and Alcide moves in on Sookie? It all feels very disjointed. I know they have a tendency to tie a lot of stuff together later, but it feels way too ambitious.

9. kingeomer

I agree. I'll say the same thing I said about the show last year, they have no idea how to use their characters wisely. Not to bring the books into the discussion (because the plot of the books is completely different from the show) but in the books, the author has no problem sitting characters out of the main action if they are not a part of it. The show seems to feel like each and every character needs something to do.
    And they do have a hard time letting characters go (Hi, Tara! Hi Russell!) and so there are multiple storylines just ping-ponging around and no time for people to get invested in them (i.e. Terry's misadventures in Iraq, that's a heavy storyline!)
    As hot as I find Alcide, you'd think he would have put the breaks on the make out session with Sookie. Let a romance storyline build between them throughout the season. The further Sookie is away from Bill, the better off both characters are. And that's just one example. I hate to say that the Tara storyline is one they are doing right (I think the death of Debbie Pelt would be more emotional if Tara had died trying to save Sookie's life, and would have brought home Lafayette's complaint that Sookie is the angel of death) but at least the show remembered how much Tara hates vampires, has her angry at both Sookie and Lafayette and finally Pam being a maker to her.

10. Rollergiraffe

ITA Nancy. And that's what makes the books interesting (up to a point; the last few have been kinda lame). If it were up to me, this season would be Tara being a vampire and Pam being a maker, the fight with the authority (and I would spend more time making it more clear what is actually going on), a little sideshow of Jason with Jessica. Just to keep things light, have some interaction with all the rest of the characters and bring back some of the awesome dialogue from Lafayette and Arlene etc. that we've been missing.

1 person likes this.
  11. kingeomer

Totally agree Jen. The Terry storyline could be well done if given time to be told properly but it seems a storyline that just doesn't fit on this show at all. I would make the authority stuff very clear too because that storyline is confusing. Or Chris Meloni's hotness isn't helping me to think!

12. TwinLove

Okay, back to the Authority and all...

The Sangranistas (or Sangrias as I always here it :p) believe that there is a real God and believe they should feed on people.

The Authority peeps believe in the ((name escaped me)) Lila? Or whoever they keep praying to and that they should live in harmony with humans.

Yes? All wrong? :wacko:

13. kingeomer

Liz, I think you right. I get so confused between the authority and Saguinistas...I am gathering the authority is pro-mainstreaming/co-exisiting with humans and the Sanguinistas are not. And that Russell Edgington would wind up being their poster boy and galvanizing that movement, which is why Eric and Bill are on the suicide mission to kill him.
    And I like Sangrias better.

14. Rollergiraffe

I think you're right Liz.. it's just a bit much to suss out the difference between orthodox and fundamentalist vampires in two short minutes. Especially when equal time is given to Andy's facebook problem. Silly show.. I still love you and all the hot people having sex all the time.

15. TwinLove

This is what saves it and they know it. :laughing: Who can turn away from Eric nekkid? :spiteful:

16. Chrissy Nelson

As much as I wish Tara would have died I do look forward to Pam being her maker to see how all that plays out. I hate that the fairies are back in the picture.

17. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Lilith. How does someone explain Lilith in 30 words or less, is it even possible? If you haven't heard of Lilith before in real life (and some of her many origins, Adam's first wife, she-demon, sex goddess, she had sex with satan in order to make djinns) then the reference to her by the Authority/Sanguinistas would be totally missed.

18. TwinLove

Thanks Bex. :good: I had no idea on any of that :blush:

19. Rollergiraffe

I didn't know that either.. and it's not in any of the books (that I remember anyway) so it's not even a shout out to fans of the book series. Stupid.

20. becasquared

Lilith is partly from the Hebrew bible, part other old religious texts. She's dropped from the Christian bible, she's a bad egg mostly.

The Straight Dope on Lilith.

1 person likes this.
  21. TwinLove

For me, that was one scary episode :unsure: So dark and the scary smoke and and and :unsure:

I guess I can now see how the Terry storyline fits in but I'm still not digging it. :pardon: I'm glad they found Russell and can get things moving on that. What was up with Jesus?! :hush: Fuhreaky!!!

22. becasquared

ooooh, I liked last night's episode! Was it the penultimate episode for the season?

The Ifrit was awesome, Jesus's head was fantastic, even Tara was enjoyable for once.

23. kingeomer

24. becasquared

It's totally Salome. I loved how Lafayette's mom was all like, "where you been?" to the disembodied head on her table. :lol:

25. TwinLove

I agree with it being Salome :good:

26. Chrissy Nelson

I think there is still a ton going on in this series.

how did Bill and Erik get in the house?? I though Sookie took back her invitation to have them in her home. Not enough Pam in this episode, but I like Tara more as a vampire. Her eyes are so dark though, have they always been that way. Speaking of eyes, what was up with Jessicas eye makeup last night?

best line of the night was Eriks... "you really know how to charm the ladies Alcide". After Sookie puked on him.

27. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I got so frustrated last night! There are too many plot lines for me to care about- I'm sick of Terry and his stuff, I am not altogether interested in the shifters at the moment, and they're not giving enough depth to the Authority story line for me to make sense of how it will all tie together. It's getting exasperating.

Nancy, you are so right about the character development in the series vs the books. The author has a lot of skill with using characters only when needed. For example, Quinn was one character I loved reading but hope that they don't write into the show. There just isn't enough room for him!

I do think that Tara as a vamp might actually prove pretty interesting. I can see her having a serious battle between mainstreaming/giving in to her desires.

My favorite line was when drunk-Sookie was at the kitchen table with Alcide, Eric, and Bill. She says, "A 3000 year old vampire wants to suck my blood? It must be Thursday!" I literally guffawed.

28. TwinLove

It's Erics house, last I remember. She told them both she is done with them but it's a vampires house (Eric) and Bill can enter because of that. :good:

I think Jessica was wearing "going out" eye make up.

Yes!! That was priceless! :lol: Sookie's expression was funny when she heard them. :lol:

29. Chrissy Nelson

Ahhh that is right, it is Eriks house.

30. kingeomer

Last night's episode did nothing for me. I would say the best part was the back and forth between Roman and Russell. I was really hoping that Roman would kill Russell but I know this show to well and there is no way that Russell was going to not live. It seems like the writer's enjoy that character way too much.
    Sorry that I can't ogle Chris Meloni anymore :cry:
    I really wish that we did not have Bill, Eric and Alcide all in love with Sookie at the same time. Though I did giggle at Eric's attempt to have Alcide forget Sookie. Did Bill know that glamouring wouldn't work on her? I do think Sookie and Bill will get back together. I wouldn't have minded seeing Sookie and Alcide together for sometime before she went back to Bill, but I have a feeling we won't get to see that.
    I was hoping that this show would get brave kill and some characters (not Chris Meloni, so of course, his character bites it), so I was disappointed that neither Luna or Hoyt bit it.

I did not get why Alcide all the sudden wants to be packmaster. Didn't he say in one of the earlier episodes that he could care less about being packmaster?

31. TwinLove

Not sure about Alcide either. :umm: Maybe to try and spare some of the wolves lives? :pardon: Because he got the image of the dead wolves and then ran out but I'm not sure.

I was sad to see Roman go as well... but I guess Russell is needed in the show.

I got lucky and started the show a few minutes late so I was able to fast forward through all the Terry scenes. :woohoo: Made the show so much better!!

1 person likes this.
  32. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I am so MAD that they killed Roman! All I wanted was a nude scene with Chris Meloni per episode, was that really too much to ask?? Sheesh.

Am I being naive to hope that they're going to let Terry's storyline die off for a bit? Please?

I think Bill does know that he can't glamour Sookie. I think he was "setting her free" by letting the Authority believe that she'll forget it all. He was telling her that he'd leave her alone and that she should try for a normal life.

Overall, it was a myeh kind of episode. I am not interested in Sam and Luna. I'm not interested in Terry and the war story. I don't even care about the Weres. I hope they get back to the story of the vamps and tighten the plot up again.

33. Chrissy Nelson

I finally watched. Could Christopher meloni not have accidently dropped his pants, or showered or anything!!

Boring show yet again tonight.

34. kingeomer

The show was really remiss in not having Chris Meloni get naked.

Stephanie, I agree, I do not care about the Terry storyline and I don't know why every one in Bon Temps has to be involved in the supernatural (it's not that way in the books). I think I could have appreciated Terry's storyline more if the reappearance of the old military buddy brought back the horrible memories and tragedies of Iraq, hence why he has the PTSD. Not that there is a fire demon after him.

Liz, I was a couple of minutes late to the show, I missed Alcide seeing the dead wolves. I think you are right that he feels he has to protect the pack.

35. Chrissy Nelson

So I thought last night was pretty good, thoughts....