true blood season 5

Discussion in 'General' started by Code, Jun 4, 2012.

1. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This season is way better than the last two combined.

I loved how the Godrick vision snapped Eric out of the spell he was under (hysteria maybe?) and how the pregnant woman stabbed Jesus's grandfather. The episode was fantastic, including the revelry in New Orleans and even Tara's pole dance wasn't terrible.

2. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I did not like Tara in that outfit!!

I am not sure what is going on with Jason and his plot line this year. They just are throwing everything at him.

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

High vampires in NOLA!! :panties: Hope they are there when I am. :laughing:

FINALLY!!!!! :woohoo: I've waited two years for this show to pick up. I, again, fast forwarded through Terry's scenes. :rolleyes: The rest of it was good! Looks like Bill might be one of "them" from the previews. I :wub: Godric!!

4. TwinLove

I :wub: Pam... and see so much of myself in her. :diablo: She was so funny with her "My mad face and happy face are both the same face" :laughing:

I am liking the authority story line... and Sookie's storyline. Any guesses as to what that thing was that killed her parents and is after her now??

I LOVED the Rev. and Edgington falling in love :good:

5. Chrissy Nelson

At least last night I got to see alot of Alcide!!

6. Chrissy Nelson

Why did Bill not sense that Jessica was in trouble?

7. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

This season has all but lost me. I'm still tuning in because it's an opportunity to drink Bloody Marys with my girlfriends while looking at sexy men. Oh, and Pam. Always Pam. But I'm really kind of over it. :(

8. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This is pretty much where I am at, Stephanie. I'm here for the eye candy.
    I just caught up with the past two episodes. I really don't understand why this show cannot kill off a main character. Was anyone really worried that Hoyt was going to kill Jessica? I was kind of hoping he would, not because I don't like Jessica, but that a character being in danger would pay off.
    Totally loved the visit from Godric, seeing a whole lot of Alcide, don't care about the fire demon (Terry's storyline could have been so much better without the supernatural, especially with so many vets suffering from PTSD), don't care about Sookie's fairy hands---the Freddy Krueger vamp was cheesy, and Eric just needs to ditch Bill and go rogue. But then again, I guess Eric knows what the audience will suspect, Bill really won't be going bad, the show doesn't have enough guts to do that.
    Pam is always made of awesome...just being around her has improved Tara's character. I think Bill (especially Bill) and Eric are much better when they are not interacting with Sookie.

Best line of the show: Andy: I hate this g-d town!

9. becasquared

I'm really impressed with this season altogether.

My guess what killed Sookie's parents? Russell Edgington.

10. kingeomer

I think so too. What little we saw of the vamp in the car had a resemblance to him.
    But then, I also wonder if the fairies are setting her up too.

11. Chrissy Nelson

I agree this whole thing is just blah. I mean how long is Eric and Bill going to be in that compound for. The whole think with Lafayette getting his mouth sewn shut. Plus that did not even look like Jesus in the car with him.

I too am sick of Sookie, Jason, Hoyt, Jessica etc... They have thrown every plot line at poor Jason.

12. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

This show makes me so sad. I've read every book and recognize NONE of these plot lines. I read your threads to torture myself with thoughts of what could be. :(

1 person likes this.
  13. Chrissy Nelson

I thought tonights episode was pretty goo. I am not a fan of the new Sherriff. I wish Bill was not such a turd!! Thank god that whole smoke guy thing is finished up. Lots of great one liners tonight, my fav was Pam "I stay away from 2 things... people that eat alot of fish and politics."

14. TwinLove

I agree with a good show. I was surprised they let some storylines finish... but happy!! I can not wait to see how Eric gets out of this. Freakin' Bill. <_< ((but I like the story))

15. kingeomer

I thought this was one of their better episodes. I really hope Eric slaps Bill around a little bit (or a lot, or helps him meet the true death, I'm not picky) I am glad the Terry story is wrapped up. There were some great lines from Lafayette and Pam this week. I loved her saying to Tara, "We are not the next Oprah and Gayle."
    I kind of hope Martha, the were-grandma, is the one who takes out Russell. I was not really digging her character earlier this season but outside of Alcide, she is probably the most interesting wolf on the show.
    Sam has super powers...he can beat down 4 guys with weapons with no clothes on. Go Sam.
    I thought Jason had a nice scene cradling Hoyt, begging him not to die, I was thinking to myself, "Silly Jason, Hoyt's a main character, they aren't going to kill him off!"

1 person likes this.
  16. TwinLove

:laughing:

I did like that Lafayette has started looking pretty again and being a diva. :wub: I missed that Lala!!

17. becasquared

Well, either that was a completely lack-luster episode, or I took too many narcotics last night. Or both. . .

2 people like this.
  18. Chrissy Nelson

I am getting bored!!!

1 person likes this.
  19. kingeomer

Yeah, last night's episode didn't do it for me either.

I really hope Eric was just playing along (though he looked great in his black tee)...I would not mind if Bill gets I-staked.
    I thought Jessica glamouring Hoyt and Jason letting him go was the best part of the show.

20. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I hate this season! I have been bored to tears the last few episodes. Last night was a bit better now that Terry and Arlene are out, Tara isn't being whiny anymore, and there's fewer storylines to deal with. I hate the whole authority thing this season. It would have benefited SO MUCH from having all the rest of the storylines pared down so it could have been explained better or just making it simpler.

In conclusion, everyone please take your shirts off and kiss the person next to you.

21. kingeomer

Totally agree Jen :good:
    The authority storyline has been a mess and now trying to tie the fairy and shifter storyline to it, just seems more confusing.
    I will say, I was not a fan of Tara being a vampire (I really can't buy it when a main character is in mortal danger because they always get out of it) but I will say that her relationship with Pam and her taking the new vampire sheriff's head off have been the best parts of the season and the coolest things her character has done.
    How about they do a spinoff with Eric, Pam, Tara running the bar with occasional drop ins by Alcide? I'd go for that!

22. TwinLove

GREAT idea Nancy! But the rules will have to be that the men need to always be with their shirts off!! :spiteful:

1 person likes this.
  23. Chrissy Nelson

There was not much Pam and absolutly no Alcide!! Why even watch.

24. kingeomer

Anyone watch this past week's episode...another disappointment for me.
    The best parts were: Pam, Alcide shirtless chopping wood & his father coming to the rescue (hope that storyline is developed and Daddy of Alcide doesn't become Russell food), Eric & Nora scenes.

The rest, bleh. Russell and Bill both need to be staked. I am sure, somehow, Bill is going to see the error of his ways in the finale :rolleyes:

25. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree with you Nancy.

The authority/sanguinista storyline just keeps getting more heavy handed all the time. I can't wait for this season to be over.

26. ECUBitzy

Ditto, Jen. I'm over this season. I'm debating whether I'll bother with next season at all.

27. Chrissy Nelson

I wish they would just get out of that building!! That on top of Pam now going there, Jessica is back there & Sam and whatever his girlfriends name is in there now. All er need is a couple more in there and the whole cast is there. . I really really hate the fairy storyline. It is annoying. Again my favorite storylines are Pam and Tara (who would have ever thought I would like Tara).

I like Lafayette but I do not feel like they are sticking with a plot line for him. It seems to be bouncing all over the place.

28. kingeomer

I agree with this Chrissy. It was like, okay Lafayette's a medium and got to talk to the dead Iraqi lady and then they took him back to the original recipe Lafayette (which I liked) but then no storyline. No follow up with his Mom? No pow-wow with Tara's Mom? Is Tara even still mad at him? I did read that Nelson Ellis, who plays Lafayette, will be playing Martin Luther King, Jr in a movie so I don't know if the lack of storyline for Lafayette was to accommodate that.

I never thought that I would say that a Tara storyline would be a win, but her being a vampire and Pam's progeny this season was one of the best storylines. I can't even say how much I hate the fairies. I was hoping they would be more kick butt but it just seems like they are easy vampire food, somehow, with the exception of Sookie. I think they could have something interesting with Alcide's Dad, why did he abandon the pack? What happened to him? I just fear that rather then explore something interesting, he will wind up being vampire food or something. And I think somehow everyone is going wind up back at the authority. You know Eric will be back there because somehow he is going to find out about Pam & try to rescue her.

29. ECUBitzy

Oh! You reminded me. I yelled at the TV when the pregnant faerie confronted Andy. Seriously, WHY do the writers develop so many story lines? It's too much!

30. kingeomer

Yes, how stupid is that storyline? I wish they would have forgotten Andy's little escapade with the fairy...

31. TwinLove

Lilith freaks me the f*ck out. :unsure:

I guess I'm in the minority here, I like the Authority/Sangria :p storyline. The fairies I'm hoping will all be eaten by Russell. :hush: They annoy me just as much as Sookie does. I want more vampire story and less fairy... more Alcide, less Andy... more Lafayette, less Sam. :pardon:

I think Lafayette is going to make a great MLK Jr. :good:

32. kingeomer

I think so too, I think he is really good actor.
    Lilith does freak me out, the voice & the dead eyes :escape:
    Sam Trammel is a good actor, it's just a sin that they don't come up with better story lines for Sam.

33. Chrissy Nelson

Word on the street is a main character is going to die. I want to be the chick that plays Lilith, she just shows up nakes every once in awhile.

34. kingeomer

I know it's useless to hope this, but I am hoping it's Bill. I like Steven Moyer, but I can't stand Bill.

35. TwinLove

It won't be Bill... eventhough I wouldn't mind :diablo: