True Blood

Discussion in 'General' started by cclott, May 5, 2009.

1. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

I checked the website, and couldn't find the exact date, but I did find some clips. True Blood clips.

I can't wait!!

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:woo: :woo: :woo: I can't wait!! :woo: :woo: :woo:

I think I heard or read somewhere June 14th. :good: That seems so far away. :cry:

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(TwinLove @ May 5 2009, 01:28 PM) [snapback]1301309[/snapback]
    :woo: :woo: :woo: I can't wait!! :woo: :woo: :woo:
    I think I heard or read somewhere June 14th. :good: That seems so far away. :cry:

Me too! Let the countdown begin!!!

4. TwinLove

:Clap: TWO MORE WEEKS!!! :Clap:

I'm really too excited about it. :blush:

5. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

aaaaahhhhh...need my TB fix! Can't wait for the start and to hopefully get some answers from how the season left off.

6. mes_00

mes_00 Well-Known Member

Thank goodness it's almost here! I thought I'd go nuts waiting for the new season to start. At least now I've got something new to watch while incubating this summer!

Anyone get the season one set yet? Anything good on it?

7. double-or-nothing

3 more days!!!

8. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

Can't wait!!!!!! I hope they do a good run down...I've forgotten a buch I'm sure!!!

9. double-or-nothing

Woooooooohooooooooooooooooooooo!!! just a few more hours!!! Anyone know how many episodes they will have this season? (I think the standard is 13?? Is that right?)

Man, I can't wait for some darn answers!!!

10. TwinLove

I have no idea but I hope it's more then last season, but I doubt it. HBO doesn't like to give us alot of episodes. :rolleyes:

9 minutes. :Clap: :yahoo: I can't wait!!

11. double-or-nothing

Wow! Great season opener. Unfortunately, my cable was acting wacko for about 10-15 mintues and it was going in and out. They are re-playing it at 11 so we will record it and hope to see the parts we missed but Mmmmmmmm...I got Bill...I mean Dh, waiting upstairs for me. Gots to go give him a little sookie sookie LOL :lol:

I did it all for the sookie
    come on
    the sookie
    come on
    so you take that cookie
    and stick it up your
    yeah
    stick it up your
    yeah

hahahahaha (okay, you people must think i'm nuts. not sure if anyone recognizes the play on words for that song...Liz???)

12. kingeomer

I recognize that song! Nookie by Limp Bizkit :)
    I really liked tonight's episode and found it humorous that Bill recycles :laughing: I don't have a good feeling for Lafayette though :(

13. melissa26

melissa26 Well-Known Member

I was shocked that it wasn't Layfette in the car!! I also thought it was funny that Bill recycles.Jessica cracks me up!! He's going to have her hands full with her.I can't wait for next weeks!!!

14. double-or-nothing

I was so happy it wasn't lafayette!!! I'm guessing that Eric thinks he's responsible for the death of that vampire that Jason and his girlfriend killed (well, Jason didn't really kill him). Hopefully the truth will set him free.

Bill recycling...that was hilarious!

I missed the part where Sam and what's her name talk in his office so I don't know what was said there but I'm left clueless about Miriam's role in all this and why she is so eager for Tara and that other guy to hook up.

Also, as a side note, I thought it was so funny that the actress playing Daphanie (sp?) is from a soap opera I watch called Bold and the Beautiful (actually I haven't watched it in a while but I still recognized her immediately).

I was so happy to see Sookie and Bill hook up...FINALLY!!! I would have been very disappointed if she had walked out of there and left him hanging...again.

15. TwinLove

I am so happy Lafayette isn't dead. :phew: but did you all see the previews? Him asking to be made? :umm: I don't think they'll do it but I would love him as a vamp! :lol:

Yes, Bill recycling is hilarious and I think next week is going to be good with Jessica going to visit her family. :slap: to sookie!

Melanie, you are crazy woman but in the bestest way possible. :laughing: Loved your song. :wub:

16. kingeomer

I did not get the previews at the end. It would be cool if Lafayette was made, keep him around writers! I thought it was strange that once the body was discovered not to be Lafayette no one (Sam, Sookie, or Tara) were even curious where he was.
    Melanie,I think the part you are talking about is when Maryann came into Sam's office, Sam gave her trash bag with the money (and I think the items) he stole from her. He apologized for his mistake, saying he was young. Maryann laughed and said, "Sam, did you think this was about you?" Sam looked confused and then he and Maryann walked out of the office just in time to see Tara kissing that hot guy. So she has not stated her purpose to the viewers, yet. But she is definitely not good news.
    I think Sam and Daphne might hook up...

17. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

I can't read the replies yet because I missed the episode last night!!!!! I can't believe it!! I couldn't get the twins down in time to catch it at 9:00, and DH said they would re run it at midnight so I tried so hard to stay awake until then, only to flip it over a few minutes before to find out that they replayed it at 11:00 not 12:00!! I was so mad. I could have watched it on HBO west, but could not stay up that late and still drag my arse outta bed to come to work this am.

So I am planning on watching it on demand this evening after the twinks are in bed...I'll chine in tomorrow!

18. double-or-nothing

Thanks for the update nancy!

And Catie, so so sorry you missed it!!! That totally sux! But thank goodness you have on demand. Ever think about getting DVR? It's like 10 bucks a month but soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo worth it. Dh and I had to do something that took us to about 9:05 so we were able to go into dvr and start watching it from the beginning while it still recorded. DVR is the best thing to happen to tv since cable television was invented. Plus you can set it up to record the whole season so you never have to worry about not having it.

19. TwinLove

QUOTE(itsnancycozzi @ Jun 15 2009, 09:25 AM) [snapback]1354661[/snapback]
    Sam looked confused and then he and Maryann walked out of the office just in time to see Tara kissing that [SIZE=12pt] hot [/SIZE]guy. So she has not stated her purpose to the viewers, yet. But she is definitely not good news.

:laughing: I love that you had to say the hot guy! He is hot though. very. :mellow:

I think it was odd that no one noticed Lafayette being gone. And Lafayette told that guy he's been down there for like two weeks... but it seemed like it was the next day? :umm: I know it's a show but it was off timing wise, or at least I thought so.

Anyone else laugh when Eric came down with the highlight foils on his hair? :rotflmbo: Hilarious! I guess I thought he was the head hancho of Vamps and to see him getting his hair did was funny!

QUOTE(itsnancycozzi @ Jun 15 2009, 09:25 AM) [snapback]1354661[/snapback]
    I think Sam and Daphne might hook up...

Yes... and I think something will be up with her too.

20. double-or-nothing

QUOTE(TwinLove @ Jun 15 2009, 08:19 PM) [snapback]1355694[/snapback]
    I think it was odd that no one noticed Lafayette being gone. And Lafayette told that guy he's been down there for like two weeks... but it seemed like it was the next day? :umm: I know it's a show but it was off timing wise, or at least I thought so.

Very good point Liz. The timing IS completely off. How could no one know he is missing. It has to be like two weeks because he's all bearded out. Hmmmm...not sure what that's about but unless I missed something, they screwed up there.

21. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

Okay, so I got to catch up last night!!! Finally!!! I about rolled off the couch when Bill pulled out his recycling bins and Eric walking down stairs with his hair in foil!! :rotflmbo: The writers have such a great sense of humor!

QUOTE(itsnancycozzi @ Jun 15 2009, 01:25 PM) [snapback]1354661[/snapback]
    I did not get the previews at the end. It would be cool if Lafayette was made, keep him around writers! I thought it was strange that once the body was discovered not to be Lafayette no one (Sam, Sookie, or Tara) were even curious where he was.

I had this same thought. It seemed weird to me that everything just kinda moved right along, like no one has bothered to even look for him. I guess he is the type of person that might just run off at times so they don't think he is in danger?? I don't know.

QUOTE(TwinLove @ Jun 16 2009, 12:19 AM) [snapback]1355694[/snapback]
    :laughing: I love that you had to say the hot guy! He is hot though. very. :mellow:

Anyone else laugh when Eric came down with the highlight foils on his hair? :rotflmbo: Hilarious! I guess I thought he was the head hancho of Vamps and to see him getting his hair did was funny!
    Yes... and I think something will be up with her too.

I think the timing was right...Sookie still had a bit of her black eye when the body was found, and Lafayette looked like he had been in that basement for 2 weeks, Jessica was with Eric for a few weeks, makes sense to me...I guess it's hard to judge the timing since we had to wait sooooooo long between the seasons!

And just what is Mariann up too? I can't figure out what that whole vibrating thing is all about... DH has read the series, and he said she is a really old creature of some kind, I didn't want him to tell me too much :) I'm pretty sure she was the one that killed that voodoo lady.

Can't wait til next week!!

22. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

Forgot to add....

Jason's character is hysterical! I'm anxious to see how he turns out in the end.

I love how well the whole society is fleshed out... I could totally see a religious group like that springing up for real, if all the vampires did come out, hehehe!!

And Melanie, I do need to consider DVR...I think the cable package we have may actually come with it... need to check it out!

23. kingeomer

Yes, Eric coming down the steps in foil was hilarious! Can you imagine getting attacked by a vampire getting his highlights done? I am reading the book series now, the show is not entirely faithful to it and I think they are doing something little different with Maryann on the TV show.

24. TwinLove

QUOTE(itsnancycozzi @ Jun 16 2009, 01:11 PM) [snapback]1356544[/snapback]
    Yes, Eric coming down the steps in foil was hilarious! Can you imagine getting attacked by a vampire getting his highlights done? I am reading the book series now, the show is not entirely faithful to it and I think they are doing something little different with Maryann on the TV show.

You mean they don't have Eric getting highlights in the book? :eek: :laughing:

I'm interested to see what Maryann is up to. :unsure: Do you guys think she killed Miss Jeanette? And I'm still wondering who Bill fed on.... especially since I was available that night. :spiteful: Okay... but I wouldn't have wanted him to kill me. :lol:

25. mes_00

mes_00 Well-Known Member

Beware the show should state an idea loosely based on the Stackhouse books. I actually enjoy the books more than the show. I'm not really into all the sex scenes I guess, but heck it's HBO. Books have them too, but I guess it's only as vivid as you want it to be.

I think the best part was Eric getting highlights! He's my favorite character in the books and really hope they "flesh" out his role in the show. :lol:

The dvr is the best investment we've made. We've given up alot of luxurys recently but I refuse to let it go and one movie channel. Still cheaper than eating out and a movie!

26. kingeomer

QUOTE(TwinLove @ Jun 16 2009, 02:45 PM) [snapback]1356763[/snapback]
    You mean they don't have Eric getting highlights in the book? :eek: :laughing:
    I'm interested to see what Maryann is up to. :unsure: Do you guys think she killed Miss Jeanette? And I'm still wondering who Bill fed on.... especially since I was available that night. :spiteful: Okay... but I wouldn't have wanted him to kill me. :lol:

I think Maryann killed Miss Jeanette but at this point, my go to theory is it's all somehow Maryann's fault. She is seriously creepy. No highlights for Eric in the book but he is just as awesome in the book as he is in the show (he's my favorite character and I don't know why...I think the author just writes him well and I translate the love to the TV show).
    So Liz, if you start posting at a lot in the middle of night, should we assume that Bill has been by your house? ;)

27. TwinLove

QUOTE(itsnancycozzi @ Jun 16 2009, 09:03 PM) [snapback]1357290[/snapback]
    No highlights for Eric in the book but he is just as awesome in the book as he is in the show (he's my favorite character and I don't know why...I think the author just writes him well and I translate the love to the TV show).

I don't blame you for :wub:'ing him. He is a great character. :good: I'm still not sure who I :spiteful: more, him or Bill. Decisions, decisions. :bubble:

QUOTE(itsnancycozzi @ Jun 16 2009, 09:03 PM) [snapback]1357290[/snapback]
    So Liz, if you start posting at a lot in the middle of night, should we assume that Bill has been by your house? ;)

:rotflmbo: Funny woman... yes, that would be an appropriate assumption. ;)

28. caba

caba Banned

So for those of you who have read or are reading the books, it's not an issue to read them while watching the show? I don't want to ruin the show for myself ... but I've always believe with everything that the books are better than the adaptations ... so I've been curious to read them ... just didn't know if I should start now ...

me and DH were also wondering why no one was looking for Lafayette ...

29. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

the books will not ruin the show, its is very loosely based on the books. some stuff is the same, such as rene killing women who sleep with vampires, but there was so much more going on in the show that was not even implied in the books. the books focus on sookie while the show focuses on all the folks in the town.

eta: when they first see the body in the car, Tara says 'oh, no, not lafayette', so he must just up and disappear for periods of time. he is a young healthy single bachelor who works as a short order cook at a bar, sells drugs, and sleeps with male politicians, I'm sure taking off for 2wks is nothing new.

30. kingeomer

Erica, Cohlee is right, reading the books will not ruin the show for you at all. I think the show has made some characters with more personality, like Tara for example, Tara does not have the huge part in the books that she does in the show and her story is fleshed out well.

31. OneBoyOneGirl

OneBoyOneGirl Well-Known Member

QUOTE(caba @ Jun 17 2009, 06:50 PM) [snapback]1358280[/snapback]
    So for those of you who have read or are reading the books, it's not an issue to read them while watching the show? I don't want to ruin the show for myself ... but I've always believe with everything that the books are better than the adaptations ... so I've been curious to read them ... just didn't know if I should start now ...

me and DH were also wondering why no one was looking for Lafayette ...

Erica, I have read only the first two of the books, I actually didnt think they were that good. :laughing: I think the show is SOOO much better and you dont need the books to catch up or anything. B.C they are really on two different paths now...at least I hope so. Alan Ball has done a much better job with these characters than in the books. I love how dark and bloody it is, but funny at the same time...the books are pretty campy and you can imagine Sookie running around looking like Elle Mae with a vampire boyfriend.

32. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

I *heart* Alan Ball!!! He was the whole reason I wanted to watch this series in the first place. 6 Feet Under is probably one of my favorite series ever, and I l really liked American Beauty. I think he is doing a fantastic job with this series too!

33. TwinLove

QUOTE(samilymom @ Jun 18 2009, 01:14 PM) [snapback]1359508[/snapback]
    6 Feet Under is probably one of my favorite series ever, and I l really liked American Beauty.

:good: I agree with you on both of these. I miss Six Feet Under. :(

34. double-or-nothing

I have to say that TrueBlood is probably the first HBO series I have ever really gotten into (althought I did watch Sapranos for the first two seasons). I'm surprised with myself because there are so many incredible series that they have done. I have heard Enterauge (sp?) is great as well as some others. I have watched several episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm which cracks me up but I can't say I was ever addicted to watching it every single week.

I think it's interesting that they have taken a book series and actually made some of it better in a tv program. Big kuddos to them. That is not easy to do. They have some brilliant writers on that show.

35. OneBoyOneGirl

OneBoyOneGirl Well-Known Member

QUOTE(samilymom @ Jun 18 2009, 05:14 PM) [snapback]1359508[/snapback]
    I *heart* Alan Ball!!! He was the whole reason I wanted to watch this series in the first place. 6 Feet Under is probably one of my favorite series ever, and I l really liked American Beauty. I think he is doing a fantastic job with this series too!

Me too! I am actually watching it for like 16th time right now on demand. Its the last season and I will still cry my eyes out when Nate dies!