True Blood

Discussion in 'General' started by ECUBitzy, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I have heard grumblings that Eric is done with the show and will soon be leaving (which would CRUSH me). I feel him and Pams relationship used to be the heart and soul of the show. I think if they got rid of him the show would be done.

2. Chrissy Nelson

I enjoyed tonight's episode a lot until they got back to the wolf camp. Ugh really.... Why can't they just. Leave it alone.

Loved the interaction between Nora and Eric tonight.

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I fast forward through the wolves! I just don't get why they are part of the show anymore!

Loving eric so much this season! :wub:

Only 3 episodes left. Why such a short season?!?!

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Chrissy, I hope Eric doesn't leave the show. He is easily the best part of this season. My heart broke for him with Nora.
    I was also very sad for poor Arlene, how is she going to take the news that Terry knew he was going to die?
    Again, with the wolves, the worst part of the show. I wish they'd focus on Alcide and his father's relationship-why does his dad chose to be a loner?

Liz, not sure why the season is so short. They used to have a 13 episode order and then it was cut down to 10 this year. :unsure:

5. Chrissy Nelson

Probably bc they knew it was going to suck LOL.

Thgis episode came along nicely till those damn wolves. Seriously when they came back to camp I was like are you kidding me. Oh did I mention I hate Warlo, everything about him I just hate.

I loved it when Lafayette threw up the Deuces, that part just cracked me up :rotflmbo: .

I really enjoy when the vamps flash back to their past lives, except that horendous wig they put Eric in.

6. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I hate the wolves even in the books. The wolves are just annoying.

7. TwinLove

Thank you! I thought the same thing!! All that money from HBO and I think my Halloween wig is better :rolleyes:

8. kingeomer

:laughing: HBO is notorious for their bad wigs. Some of the ones on Game of Thrones are astoundingly bad. Though what they did to Eric's hair in that flashback scene was a crime. Though I liked the flashback to the black plague era and insinuation that this how Godric saved Nora.

About Warlow, I dislike that character so much that when I read that the actor had a one page write up in Entertainment Weekly's Comic Con issue, I was like out of all the interesting people in Comic Con, this bore is who you focus on. The only thing I want Warlow to do is kill Billith and they both die in a fight to the death. We won't be that lucky I fear.

9. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Last night's episode- sigh. I just don't know.

It just seemed chaotic. The vampire stuff was good in that it resolved some hanging plot lines and I see how it can set up some great conflict in the future. The containment area was such a dead end. I'm glad Jason didn't kill Pitch Perfect girl (her name is escaping me, need more coffee) as it would have been totally out of character for him. It was just really strange and trippy, though. Like one long acid trip with way too much blood.

Terry's funeral bored me to tears. Well, except for the real tears when Sookie told Arlene about the first time Terry saw her. That part was good. Who the heck was the singing guy? Why all the flashbacks?

I just felt like it was a disjointed episode and hope it was being used to tie things up better for the finale.

10. Chrissy Nelson

Big John was the guy that works in the kitchen. I agree that whole funeral was filler, but the only part I liked was the part where Sookie talked. The whole rescue part was LAME. Seriously....WTF, the vamps just having a little dance party in the sun. Eric taking off and just leaving Pam. Blah.

11. TwinLove

Agree with you guys... the funeral was too much. Terry wasn't, IMO, that important to the show to give him that much time :pardon: Thank God for FF! :good:

I :wub: Eric! I'm so scared that he's actually going to leave. May have to stop watching!! I really was keeping everything crossed in hopes that the end was near for Bill, then Jessica saves him :rolleyes:

12. kingeomer

I have the same fear. Please don't go, Eric. I'm only hoping he flew away to kill Sarah. I thought it would be out of character for Jason to kill her, so I am glad that they didn't have him do it. And seriously, the way Bill was staged saving the Vampires, he looked like he was out of Michaelangelo's Pieta. I was, oh please show, stop it with Bill. I wish they would have killed him off, they act like he's the big hero who saved the day, when in reality if it wasn't for Eric, Bill wouldn't have been able to waltz in there and do this thing. It's a shame, because I like Steven Moyer but I cannot stand Bill.
    Sookie talking about how Terry loved Arlene on first sight was really sweet. I have to say I loved Lafayette's suit, makeup and fake lashes for the funeral. For as much time as Terry's death is getting, I wish he was more important to the plot, the actor was good.

13. Chrissy Nelson

Terry had such hallow eyes, seriously crazy eyes. I loved the one liners granny was throwing out.

I was hoping the vamps would come out and tear up Sarah. The whole part w her on top was so fake looking and cheesy. I did think the part w Steve looking at her and saying "I love you Jason Stackhouse" was slightly funny.

14. TwinLove

Lafayette is great! And such a good looking guy! :good:

Yeah, the whole Sarah on top thing killed me. :rolleyes: They have all this top of the line technology and the roof is opened manually?! Come on!

15. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sook, meet Violette, she's European. *snort*

So True Blood is going to be The Walking Undead next season? C'mon show, even zombies are kind of nearing the end of their pop culture shelf life.

16. kingeomer

Ugh. That was an awful season finale. The only good part was Jason staking Warlow. I am really tired of Bill, I'm a bad guy, no I'm a good guy act. We get it writers : you love Bill. I don't give Sookie and Alcide much of a chance to succeed, I am pretty sure the writers will have Sookie and Bill back together. And Alcide's wig in the beginning...terrible.
    Eric and Pam better not be dead. Truly, they are the only interesting vampires the show has. I cannot stand Violet at all. What was Jessica thinking, offering herself as Andy's protection? Did she really think he'd be like, "Okay Vampire Jessica. Since you are going to protect me and my daughter, I'll forgive the deaths of my other 3."
    I really hope the time off gives the writers and producers focus on making the show good again.

17. Chrissy Nelson

The whole death of Warlo was ridiculous. I hated how gramps just appeared again. The naked vampire sex dance party was lame. The only part that made me be shocked was Erik.

18. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was drunk last night, I remember none of this. :lol:

1 person likes this.
  19. TwinLove

:cry: I was SO happy to see Eric & then realized he was going to die. :cry: horrible!

So those were zombies at the end?!

20. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

No, it just reminded me of the Walking Dead. Hordes of "undead" walking around trying to feed off the townspeople, massive social disruption etc. And they're all infected by the Hep V, so they will die eventually, I guess.

21. ECUBitzy

They showed his penis!! I finally saw the finale tonight and cannot believe they showed it!

1 person likes this.
  22. TwinLove

Best part of the WHOLE season! Series even! :spiteful:

So I heard he will be back next season?!

1 person likes this.
  23. ECUBitzy

I tried to pause it but Paul gave me major side eye.

It was a decent finale, I thought! Wrapped some things up a little too neatly, but I'm impressed with how they've culled story lines this season.

24. kingeomer

Liz, the executive producer did say that Alex will be back next season, he obviously would not explain how. So we shall see.

25. Chrissy Nelson

There are plenty stills online. Not that I searched or anything. :help:

I think that Pam is going to find him and save him, since she went flying off.

26. TwinLove

Yep, yep, that's what I was thinking!! :good:

27. Chrissy Nelson

They did anounce 2014 would be the end for True Blood.

28. TwinLove

Not surprised! And only sad I won't be seeing Alexander skarsgard every summer

29. kingeomer

Liz, that was my first thought too. I think it's a good call to wrap up the show in the next season.

30. Chrissy Nelson

Alexander is meant for bigger things.

2 people like this.
  31. kingeomer

Yes he is. He's been making some interesting independent movies (all of which I have to see on Netflix) lately. Stephen Moyer will be playing Gen. Von Trapp for a remake of the Sound of Music for NBC. I am sure the others will be picking up projects. I bet they will be a hot commodity come pilot season for Sept. 2014.