TTTs?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by HappyMarquita, Dec 19, 2006.

1. HappyMarquita

HappyMarquita Member

Hi everyone! I'm still very new to the twin thing. I was wondering what is TTTs? I'm just kind of lost as far as information goes, so any information would be helpful. Thanks! [​IMG]

2. HappyMarquita

HappyMarquita Member

Hi everyone! I'm still very new to the twin thing. I was wondering what is TTTs? I'm just kind of lost as far as information goes, so any information would be helpful. Thanks! [​IMG]

3. Mommy2PJ

Mommy2PJ Well-Known Member

4. Whoa Mama

Whoa Mama Well-Known Member

Congrats on your pregnancy! I just had to jump in here and tell you that when I first read your screen name I read "Happy Margarita" [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. HappyMarquita

HappyMarquita Member

Thanks so much for the website link. [​IMG]

6. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

There is also some info on the "Health Issues and Special Needs" Forum. Do you know if your twins share a placenta or not? If they each have their own placenta, this is something you don't even have to worry about.

7. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

If it looks like your twins may possibly share a placenta, then you should be watched more closely because of the risk of TTTS. Ultrasounds every 2 weeks are good. So many of the babies who die from TTTS are due to the fact that the doctor didn't see it or wasn't informed. It only happens in 10-15% of shared placenta pregnancies so don't scare yourself about the possibility of it. There are also many different levels of TTTS, including some that clear up on their own. We were diagnosed at 19 weeks and made it all the way to 35.3 weeks before delivering.