Twin bassinet

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by JessicaHollenbeck, Aug 5, 2013.

Hi everyone! Can anyone suggest a twin bassinet? I wanted to purchase the graco pack and play twin bassinet but have heard horrible things about it. Also with the arms reach co-sleeper bassinet, can you somehow buy a divider to separate the twins?
    Thanks a bunch!

1. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

I don't have any experience with the twin but we had the regular graco pack-n-play with bassinet and love it. I pulled it up next to the bed at night. I didn't separate the kids, just snuggled them together. they seemed to like being close and never woke each other up.

2. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had the graco twin pnp/bassinet and loved it. After the twins outgrew the bassinet it was awesome bc it's bigger than normal pnps so I was able to use it until the kids stopped napping. I got a good 5 years of use out of that thing and it's still at my parents house for when babies come over.

3. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Just buy a regular PNP and let them sleep in it together. They won't bother each other for the time they will be small enough for a twin PNP or bassinet.

4. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I used the arms reach cosleeper without a divider until they were 3 months old and started rolling over well.

5. OahuLove2

OahuLove2 Active Member

Great question, Fun&Love. I have been wondering the same thing.

Does anyone know if there is a SIDS risk for putting infants in one pack-n-play?

6. Thanks for all the replies! My husband and I actually started our first baby class last night and they said it is important to separate twins in their bassinets!! I guess it can be a SIDS risk if put together! I am so glad we signed up for classes ;-)

7. mandaq11

mandaq11 Member

We had the graco twin basinet and I agree with the comments, We loved having it and the actual pack and play is bigger which is awesome now that our boys are bigger. The only thing that was difficult is that after my c-section it was difficult to reach the baby in the far bassinet.  We co-slept with them since they were strictly breastfed for a few months.  We co-slept our boys until they were rolling over enough to wake each other up.  I think its really important to be familiar and up to date with statistics and recommendations but remember its also important to do what works best for you and your family.  Congrats!