twins coming home outfits

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by babymOmmax2, Feb 16, 2008.

1. babymOmmax2

babymOmmax2 Well-Known Member

is it just me or is this the hard part?! i was literally staring at my closet for a half hour trying to narrow down the PERFECT coming home outfit for the twins to wear :icon_biggrin: first i packed winnie the pooh outfits with the matching hats then it turned into these thermal babyblue outfits.. now i dont know whether i want to go out shopping SPECIFICALLY for it.. GEEZ THIS IS HARD & IT PROBABLY SHOULDNT EVEN BE A CONCERN HAHAHA!!!

2. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

We went shopping specifically for an outfit for coming home, that way I wasn't doing the closet stare like you are!! :D There is no way I could have picked from all the cute stuff they had received as gifts.

3. twinreverb

twinreverb Well-Known Member

we specifically shopped. We got 2 outfits from Janie and jack with matching hats. Adorable and 50% off :D

4. Fletchie

Fletchie Well-Known Member

What size did you get?
    I'm unsure if I'll need Preemie or Newborn. Or do I need to take one of each?

5. HinSD

HinSD Well-Known Member

In newborn size I have 2 coordinating sleepers. I also packed 2 preemie size sleepers (they don't match at all).

6. ihavesevensons

ihavesevensons Well-Known Member

I have NEVER picked out a going home outfit (or hospital picture outfit) for any of my 7 kids.......it is always hubby's job to go shopping after their birth and get outfits for going home and hospital pics.

So far in the 7 times that he has went shopping for these events, of the 14 outfits that he has purchased, there has been only one outfit (for our first, thankfully it was the going home outfit)......that I have just not cared for........HE ON THE OTHER HAND LOVED IT.........so since the baby belonged to him too, I figured that the least that I could do was to let the baby wear it home (LOL.....LOL...........LOL)

7. goody1210

goody1210 Well-Known Member

I am so glad I am not the only one freaking out about this. :eek: I just put all of their clothes in the their drawers and have no clue what to pack for them. I was thinking about going to the Carter's store to see if they have any coordinating outfits. Any other suggestions?

8. twinreverb

twinreverb Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Fletchie @ Feb 16 2008, 06:19 PM) [snapback]625150[/snapback]
    What size did you get?
    I'm unsure if I'll need Preemie or Newborn. Or do I need to take one of each?

We got premies

9. twins2008

twins2008 Well-Known Member

We purchased special outfits for pictures and going home (same outfit). Since we do not know the gender we bought outfits for both genders. We figure we can bring back the outfits we don't use. We bought preemie sizes. Have fun!

10. 2B2G

2B2G Well-Known Member

I always had a special outfit for my boys to come home in. I usually got embroidered sleep sack type so I didn't have to worry about fit. But you do have to bunch it up a little to fasten the car seat. I still haven't seen the right outfits for my girls yet.

11. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I did choose exactly what outfits all 3 of my kids would come home in. For the twins we had matching pink and blue outfits with a little hat that they wore when they came home and for my oldest DD I had bought an outfit specifically for her to come home in. You are right though, it is a hard decision, but we tend to make it much harder than it should be. :)

12. babymOmmax2

phew ` i thought i was crazy!!! thanks =]

13. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

Plan on having my husband going shopping and picking out something. No clue what size they will be or what the weather will be like. I trust his judgment and I think it will make him feel good :)

Dianna

14. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

We went shopping for a special coming home outfit. :D Like PP said, I couldn't pick from all the ones we had in the closet, so it was a reason to go shopping...again! My only advice would be {if possible, of course} is to take premie sizes and newborn. Both of mine were guessed at being 6lbs, which was good for my dd since her guess was right. My ds was almost 8 lbs and he looked hilarious in his outfit. :rofl: I can laugh now but at the hospital I was heartbroken that it was too small. :cray: Good luck and HAVE FUN!!!

15. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Can I just share a funny story that relates...

We purchased matching pink and blue sleepers from Baby Gap that converted into gowns (newborn size). They were adorable, and we even had matching hats and blankets. WELL, since my two kids LOVED being swaddled around the clock as newborns, we have tons of pictures, but NONE of the kids in their little coming home outfits. All you can see are their swaddling blankets!!!

16. bbynrs

bbynrs Active Member

17. stacyann_1

stacyann_1 Well-Known Member

We had newborn carter sleepers (blue/pink), and they were big on them. The twins were 6,12 and 6,14 at birth, of course a bit less by the time we left the hospital. Even though they were big, they were still cute, and I got to use them for a while longer.

18. debid

debid Well-Known Member

I packed two different outfits for each (preemie & NB) and must have changed my mind at least a dozen times on which ones to bring. Totally normal. Part of the problem was that they were due in late September when it might be 85 degrees and sunny or it might be 50 and pouring rain. The funny part is that the nurses swaddled them up for their ride out to the car so nobody but us really got to see the outfits anyway :rolleyes: FWIW, the preemie sleepers were too short on my 20" boys so they wore size NB home even though they were 6 pounders. Having both is a good idea.

19. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

My girls were 6.8 and 6.9 pounds and we took preemie outfits. they were perfect!! with all 3 of my boys all 3 >7 pounds we took newborn size and they were huge! I wouldn't go out and buy tons of preemie stuff but it was nice to have an outfit or 2 that actually fit!

20. babymOmmax2

so 0-3 months would be entirly too big on say, a 6lb baby?

21. debid

debid Well-Known Member

QUOTE(babymOmmax2 @ Feb 18 2008, 01:22 PM) [snapback]627399[/snapback]
    so 0-3 months would be entirly too big on say, a 6lb baby?

Yes, 0-3 is surprisingly large. I'm sure it's perfect on an 8-pounder... unless it's Gap. Some of their stuff runs TINY.

22. jschaad

jschaad Well-Known Member

i was picking the perfect outfits to simply have such small babies that all i cared was that it fit them. LOL... We ended up taking them home in something totally different than what i had planned and the preemie outfits were swimming on them too. Good luck with your choice,,,

23. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

In a very un-mommy moment, I actually forgot to bring an outfit for Ainsley when we picked her up from the hospital. :umm: I guess you could call it my first episode of twin-mommy brain. :laughing: She had to go home in her complimentary hospital shirt and blanket.