Twins Sharing a Bed?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by agdgirl27, Oct 26, 2008.

1. agdgirl27

agdgirl27 Well-Known Member

I am planning on starting my babies off in their own room and their cribs. However, I dont know if they should share a crib. I heard crib sharing may increase the risk of SIDS. Please tell me your thoughts.

2. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

My girls were fine sharing a crib until about 3-4 months when they started rolling. After that I moved them each to their own crib but they still share a room. There are a couple mom's on here that have been successful with extended crib sharing, but I was just not one of them. There is no way that my girls would be able to share a crib now, none of us would ever get any sleep!

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

My twins were seperated from the start. I worried about them waking each other if they were in the same crib. That said, they've always been in the same room and to this day they won't wake each other up with crying. It is a personal decision.

4. NicoleMarieLG

NicoleMarieLG Well-Known Member

5. jordyn25

jordyn25 Well-Known Member

If they can't roll over then their can't be an increase in sids....so for the first 2-3 months at least it should be completely fine. Once they begin rolling I could see becoming worried. But if you put them each on the way opposite sides they would havew to roll pretty far and they dont usually start rolling so much until 4 months. I would think them hearing eachother breathe is a good thing, and then there is always a crib spacer. I am having them share a crib at first and if I havent moved into a 3 bedroom by the time they are rolling a lot, one will sleep in a pack n play until we move and get another crib-