twins through gestational carrier

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by TaraDVM, Apr 16, 2012.

1. TaraDVM

TaraDVM Member

Hello--I'm new to the forums. Expecting twins in October through a gestational carrier. Is there anyone else expecting twins through the use of a gestational carrier?

2. wvtwinmama

wvtwinmama Well-Known Member

Hi! I'm not expecting through a gestational carrier, but just wanted to say welcome and congratulations!! I really like this forum, and hope that you find it as helpful and reassuring as I do.

3. j-squared

j-squared Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm not expecting twins through a gestational carrier either, but our neighbours just had twins via a gestational carrier two months ago. They had been trying for over a decade to have a baby and this was their last shot and it brought them two beautiful baby boys.

Congratulations and welcome!

4. twinster

twinster New Member

Tara - I just found this site and also expecting twins via a gestational carrier! How far along are you?

5. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Welcome and CONGRATULATIONS to the both of you!!!!!!! How exciting!!!!!!!!!

6. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

Congrats to both of you!! Welcome to the ride!

7. TaraDVM

TaraDVM Member

Hi! I'm glad to meet someone who is in "our" situation. We are 17 weeks this week.

8. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

congrats to both of you!!!

9. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Congratulations to both of you!!!

10. Henderson

Henderson Well-Known Member

Welcome both of you! Hope all goes well the rest of the pregnancy!

11. twinster

twinster New Member

Thank you all!!!! 10wk1d here today and I know what you mean about the unique situation. I have a first time surro and this is her first twin pregnancy. She has a large SCH that caused a bleeding scare at 6wk5d and just stopped yesterday (10wk) but it is the same size as the sacs and is right between the two. They say it is slowing getting smaller but with three little ones herself, not that she can exactly rest. Anyone else had experiences with one and things work out OK? The said it isn't affecting the babies. After years of medical issues and infertility struggles, this was the one shot and last resort so just surreal if it works. We have 6 sets of twins in the family naturally but these two will be the most unique. Thank God for the wonders of science, genetic testing and a great GS!

12. twinkler

twinkler Well-Known Member

How wonderful that your dreams coming true! Welcome to the site to both of you...!

13. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes, welcome to Twinstuff!

:friends:

What a neat way to meet each other! Throught the years on Twinstuff we've had a few gestational carriers who had their own twins, and a few that used a gestational carrier. We're all very excited for you both!

14. twinster

twinster New Member

Thank you all!!! Our surrogate has had healthy pregnancies but is realizing how different this experience is not only the surro part but twins... hoping things keep progressing ok.