Twins vs. Gallbladder

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by TwinsInOkinawa, Dec 15, 2006.

1. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

So, here's the good:

I"m now in my second trimester (yeah!) and feeling much less nausea and was starting to eat much more.

Here's the bad:

Once I started to eat more, my gallbladder acted up BAD. I was in pain for about 4 days; couldn't hardly eat; once that cleared up, I was fine for about 2 days - but scared to eat fat -- (oh, did I mention we were back in the States and had to fly back to Okinawa - 14 hours on a plane just from Chicago to Japan, not to mention the little legs between Chicago and home and Osaka and Okinawa) until I was on the little plane to Okinawa when I thought I was going to lose it the whole two hour flight, then pain again for only a day. But, that's all better now because I had surgery yesterday to get the gallbladder out. Totally out of that pain now, now I just have the gallbladder recovery pain to deal with. The OB's monitered me before and after the surgery, the babies look fine; growing equally on the quick scan and moving a lot before surgery; they were a bit tired afterwards, but good strong heartbeats, so the OB wasn't worried. The surgeon says he's not going to sleep until I deliver these twins healthy and bring them by to see him!

I guess the other good thing is that I now get two weeks off of work; it is a stressful place and it's nice not to have to be there and deal with things at this point in time, we'll see how long I last after I go back! [​IMG]

I also have my first appointment with the MFM doc on Tuesday the 19th, so we'll do a real growth scan and stuff then I assume.

Anyway, thanks for listening!

Erica (16 weeks, 2 days - I still haven't taken the time to figure out the ticker thing)

2. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

So, here's the good:

I"m now in my second trimester (yeah!) and feeling much less nausea and was starting to eat much more.

Here's the bad:

Once I started to eat more, my gallbladder acted up BAD. I was in pain for about 4 days; couldn't hardly eat; once that cleared up, I was fine for about 2 days - but scared to eat fat -- (oh, did I mention we were back in the States and had to fly back to Okinawa - 14 hours on a plane just from Chicago to Japan, not to mention the little legs between Chicago and home and Osaka and Okinawa) until I was on the little plane to Okinawa when I thought I was going to lose it the whole two hour flight, then pain again for only a day. But, that's all better now because I had surgery yesterday to get the gallbladder out. Totally out of that pain now, now I just have the gallbladder recovery pain to deal with. The OB's monitered me before and after the surgery, the babies look fine; growing equally on the quick scan and moving a lot before surgery; they were a bit tired afterwards, but good strong heartbeats, so the OB wasn't worried. The surgeon says he's not going to sleep until I deliver these twins healthy and bring them by to see him!

I guess the other good thing is that I now get two weeks off of work; it is a stressful place and it's nice not to have to be there and deal with things at this point in time, we'll see how long I last after I go back! [​IMG]

I also have my first appointment with the MFM doc on Tuesday the 19th, so we'll do a real growth scan and stuff then I assume.

Anyway, thanks for listening!

Erica (16 weeks, 2 days - I still haven't taken the time to figure out the ticker thing)

3. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Glad to hear your back on solid ground after all that flying! Hopefully you'll feel better with that gallbladder out and now that your out of your first trimester. I really started feeling better around wk 17! Enjoy the 2 wks off work!

4. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Bless your heart!! take the 2 weeks and just relax!!!

5. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

You definitely earned 2 weeks off with all that drama. The last thing you need is that kind of pain on top of being pregnant! I'm glad all went well and you're on the road to recovery!!

6. anglinstork

anglinstork Well-Known Member

YIKES!! Glad to hear everything has worked itself out now...and you have two weeks to rest up!! [​IMG]