Two sets of Sextuplets born in U.S.

Discussion in 'General' started by MNTwinSquared, Jun 11, 2007.

1. 2blessed

2blessed Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Jun 27 2007, 12:02 AM) [snapback]308236[/snapback]
    Very sad.

Did the family with the longer gestation have all of their children survive???

so far, they were born just around 30wks though and should have a pretty good prognosis for survival.

2. Tif3

Tif3 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Jun 26 2007, 07:02 PM) [snapback]308236[/snapback]
    Very sad.

Did the family with the longer gestation have all of their children survive???

Yes the Masche babies are all doing well. Sounds like the mom was the one to have a hard time after the c-section. She had heart failure because of all the extra blood her heart was having a hard time with it.

I feel so sad for the people in MN that have lost 4 of their children. How horrible to one by one have to say good bye to them.

Tiffaney

3. 2blessed

Any further updates on the Morrison babies yet?? do we know how the remaining two are doing??

4. Orestia

Orestia Well-Known Member

Not that I know of. I think they've requested a media blackout. As much as I want to know how they're doing, I can't say I blame them though. So very sad :(

5. 2blessed

QUOTE(Orestia @ Jul 10 2007, 06:43 PM) [snapback]324576[/snapback]
    Not that I know of. I think they've requested a media blackout. As much as I want to know how they're doing, I can't say I blame them though. So very sad :(

I read on another site from someone that is in touch with the father.
    Here is what she posted
    Hello everyone! I just talked to Jamie Morrison and got an update on those beautiful babies! Lucia and Sylas are doing great. Sylas was 15 oz at birth and is now up to 1 lb 10 oz. He is on a continuous drip for feedings and is pooping up a storm. His eyes are open and are dark gray and he has a head full of blonde hair. Lycia was I think 12 oz at birth and is now up to 1 lb 5 oz. She is also feeding and pooping well. She has bright blue eyes and a head full of dark brown hair. They are of course still really fragile but they are stable for the time being. Brianna and Ryan are still unable to hold the babies and are trying to keep themselves busy moving and setting up the room for the babies. They are moving into a townhome and are picking out bedding and colors for the babies room. It sounds like they are doing well.

So it sounds good so far....I hope that these two precious souls do continue to thrive and have very minimal problems in life.

6. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. I do hope all goes well with those babies!!

7. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

That's great to hear an update. I hope they continue to do well!

8. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

I so pray that their little boy and girl hang in there.... AFter everything they've been through those parents really deserve to take home "twins"...

9. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update. I will keep them in our prayers and hope they can bring home their little ones.

10. 2blessed

11. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Sad news out of Minnesota. The 5th baby died. Lucia Rae passed away. Sylas Chirstopher is the last remaining of the six.

Here is the story.

12. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

that's just gutwrenching. I know the odds aren't in his favor, but I pray baby Syla proves a miracle.

13. 2blessed

ahhh.....that is too bad, I was hoping that perhaps the two of them might survive....they are just too immature and young. I feel so bad for the parents....what they must be feeling....

14. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

How sad. Every year will be hard for them especially since the other sextuplets were born so close to them.

15. Susanna+3

QUOTE(JicJac @ Jul 23 2007, 08:21 PM) [snapback]341735[/snapback]
    Sad news out of Minnesota. The 5th baby died. Lucia Rae passed away. Sylas Chirstopher is the last remaining of the six.

Here is the story.

Oh that is so sad... I was so hoping that both of them would make it... I do hope Sylas pulls through. although I can't imagine what it would feel like being the only surviving child from a set of sextuplets. How very tragic for this family...and in what contrast to the other sextuplets who are all so seemingly healthy and coming home. I can't imagine what this couple must be feeling right now.

16. Trish_e

Trish_e Well-Known Member

OMG that is so sad! I was really hoping and praying that the two babies would make it. :(

17. Susanna+3

I noticed on the Morrison's website Fact page that there are actually two more women due with sextuplets in the next month or so. The one, Karoline Byler (FL) is will be 28 weeks around mid-August and the other, Gracie Soldani (CA) had a ticker on her website that said she was 22 wks now...so that seems like maybe she'll be 28 weeks around the beginning of September or so. From reading their stories, it seems that all four of these women were on the same fertility drug after trying more typical routes of chlomid, etc... Absolutely fascinating. I truly hope that the Bylers and the Soldanis have as much success as the Masche's had at carrying their sextuplets so long!

18. 2IrishBlessings

That is so heartbreaking. It has to be so hard for their parents. I pray that little Sylas continues to be a miracle and gets to come home.

19. 2IrishBlessings

How exciting for the Masche family to be able to bring one of their babies home!! Glad mom is doing better she looks good.

20. 2blessed

All six of the Masche babies are home!

Here is an update from them

YEAH!!!!! Our family is now complete! We just brought home our 6th little
    miracle Cole Robert Masche. Within 10 days we got all 6 little ones
    home............. WOW!!!

Blake was the first one to arrive much to our surprise, so mom got to spoil him for
    2 whole days! He came home on Thursday July 19th at 5 1/2 wks old. Then Grant
    followed on Saturday, Bailey and Savannah followed on Tuesday, Molli on Friday and
    King Cole on Sunday (yesterday). It was the most exciting 10 days ever!!! Dad was
    adorable driving the kiddos home............ he went about 5 mph and made sure that
    our family members were driving a car behind us so that no one would hit the car
    with our precious cargo. He said it was the scariest drive(s) of his life!

Since the arrival of Blake we have had so much fun spoiling each child for about 24
    hours THEN we mean business!!!! The schedule starts so that we can have some kind
    of order with 6 kids. The nannies that are helping us are WONDERFUL and very strict
    with the schedule. Their goal is 6 little precious babies sleeping through the
    night within 12-14 weeks (from 40 week due date). That will make for a VERY happy
    mom and dad! And grandma and grandpa and aunties and uncles and every other family
    member that is helping feed and change the precious new additions! (I sure use
    "precious" a lot but that is what they are!!!) Mom is very tired because she can't
    go to bed because she wants to be up with them all the time!!! But I am learning
    quickly that I have to sleep at least some so that I can function and have quality
    time with them and not go crazy!!!

So Blake and Grant had their first doctors visit last Wednesday and they were a
    whopping 5lbs 5oz and 5lbs 3oz........ they are huge!!! This Wednesday we get to
    take ALL 6 to the doctors, it is going to be an interesting experience to say the
    least. Dad wants us to video record it because he isn't able to be with us in
    Phoenix that day, but he doesn't want to miss the experience! Cole had a very
    successful surgery on his tiny little bowel one week ago. He did very well and
    healed quickly and was "eating and pooping" within days. He is my best little
    eater!!!! He also likes momma's nummies the best!!! He loves to nurse and is
    helping keep the milk supply up! All the kids enjoy to eat and are growing like
    weeds! I look back on their pictures when they were born and they don't even look
    like the same babies!!! They just turned 7 weeks old today and are truly amazing!

This week my sister Jami, Jane, niece Tori, and MY momma are all helping out. I also
    had 3 days of help from grandpa Bob, my brother Jeff, and my aunt Susie from Iowa
    and uncle Tom from Colorado Springs. AND my cousin Maddi from Boise. AND my aunt
    Kathy comes over every single morning for 4 to 5 hours to help feed the
    babies........ she takes off work to be here, we are so lucky! Wow, that's a lot of
    help!!! It has been amazing how these 6 little ones bring in company and family
    members from all over the country!!! It has been very wonderful to spend time with
    my family and Bryans family. And friends around Phoenix have been in to help feed
    the babies.......... it is pretty nice to have 6 then we are not fighting over who
    is holding the baby, we ALL get to hold a baby!!! With all the company we are
    washing our hands like crazy and trying to keep all the germies away from the
    babies. We have handwashing signs all over the house, and so far so good!

We have taken MANY more pictures and will be updating the website with them in the
    next few days. Daddy is ANXIOUSLY awaiting our arrival in Lake Havasu. We will be
    heading home in about 10 days. We are going to have a caravan for our 3 1/2 hour
    drive........... well with 6 babies it may be more like 5 or 6 hours!!! :) Every
    single day I wake up (after my little naps) and THANK GOD for 6 healthy beautiful
    babies............ it is absolutely overwhelming to me how you can LOVE 6 little
    ones so much!!! There aren't words to express the emotions involved.

We want to thank everyone for the prayers, love and support we have received during
    this miraculous journey. The road was very LONG and hard at times and I didn't want
    to be on it, but the Lord brought us through and continues to give us daily doses of
    His grace and mercy. I want to share a verse that I repeated MANY times a day
    during my last few weeks of pregnancy and for quite a few weeks after
    delivery........... "because of the Lords GREAT LOVE we are NOT consumed.........
    His compassions are new everyday, Great is His faithfulness!" It is found in
    lamentations and it was the only thing that got me through many hard days.

I hope that this journey we have experienced will bring encouragement to others, and
    know that whatever trials you may go through, even the deepest, darkest times, there
    is a light at the end of the tunnel and the Lord WILL bring you through and you will
    NOT be consumed........... He IS faithful! There were many days I could NOT see
    that, but it is clear as daylight now.
    Love and blessings to you all!!!!! Bryan, Jenny, Savannah, Bailey, Grant, Cole,
    Molli and Blake (and Luke and Lily, our furry white little ones!)

21. 2IrishBlessings

You can tell she is just Beaming with happiness. I am glad they are all home now!

22. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I had gossebumps reading that. How awesome that they are all home!!

23. Susanna+3

yay!!! I wonder how Sylas Morrison is doing.. I feel so bad for that couple.

24. Susanna+3

wow... I looked at the Masche website and read their update...it sounds like she's actually trying to bf some of them!! Way to go with that!!! I think that's really awesome with everything she's gone through that's she even trying to do anything at all with bf!! That's some momma!!

25. 2living

2living Member

26. Tif3

Tif3 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(2living @ Sep 23 2007, 04:22 PM) [snapback]419969[/snapback]
    Please look at Sylas !

(hope the link works)

http://noemiphotography.com/blog/category/sextuplets/

scroll down a bit

He looks so beautiful - and so quiet. They love Sylas so deeply.
    Naua

He is so adorable!!!!

Tiffaney

27. Susanna+3

QUOTE(2living @ Sep 23 2007, 09:22 PM) [snapback]419969[/snapback]
    Please look at Sylas !

(hope the link works)

http://noemiphotography.com/blog/category/sextuplets/

scroll down a bit

He looks so beautiful - and so quiet. They love Sylas so deeply.
    Naua

Thanks for posting this!! I don't think I ever would have found that link... I had been checking their original website for updates on Sylas, but couldn't find anything else out there on him. So great to hear he's still holding his own!!

28. clpeltz

clpeltz New Member

Sylas is HOME!!!