Two things - bloody noses and ....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ReallyTiredMom, Dec 8, 2006.

1. ReallyTiredMom

ReallyTiredMom Well-Known Member

diarrhea. What is up with that? I think I have a bloody nose (not gushing, but definitely bloody) almost everyday! Especially when I wake up in the morning and blow my nose. Anybody else out there with this problem? Then there's the other end...which I am sorry to bring up as I know that is TMI - but lately things haven't been pretty and I have heard that can be a sign of labor. I have been drinking SO much water - could that be a culprit?

And, while I'm on the subject of nice little side effects, did anyone else lose their ankles at 30 weeks? They're gone, can't see them at all. Not only can I barely view them over my big belly, but when I do catch a glimpse, they are completely puffy.

Can all of this be related to something I should know about?

2. ReallyTiredMom

diarrhea. What is up with that? I think I have a bloody nose (not gushing, but definitely bloody) almost everyday! Especially when I wake up in the morning and blow my nose. Anybody else out there with this problem? Then there's the other end...which I am sorry to bring up as I know that is TMI - but lately things haven't been pretty and I have heard that can be a sign of labor. I have been drinking SO much water - could that be a culprit?

And, while I'm on the subject of nice little side effects, did anyone else lose their ankles at 30 weeks? They're gone, can't see them at all. Not only can I barely view them over my big belly, but when I do catch a glimpse, they are completely puffy.

Can all of this be related to something I should know about?

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I lost my ankles at about 34 weeks. All I can say is to keep up your water intake, avoid salt & put your feet up whenever possible! You are getting close!

4. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

I was just reading something about bloody noses during pregnancy! Due to the increase of blood flow, it's super normal to get bloody noses. As for the ankles...I'm sure it will happen to me sometime soon enough. When I was pregnancy with my ds my feet and ankles were so swollen I couldn't wear anything but slippers! One trick that actually worked was drinking hot water with a big piece of lemon in it (make sure it has the rind on it). I did that vigilantly for 2 days and saw a significant difference. Good luck.

5. ireland37

ireland37 Well-Known Member

I just got over about a month's worth of morning bloody noses & dry nasal passages. Ouch! I used a lot of saline spray and gel and that gave me some relief.

As for the other end, I believe drinking lots of water causes loose BMs.

6. Babygus0

Babygus0 Well-Known Member

Ankles? What ankles, I know officially have canckles.
    As for the bloody noses, yep I can relate there, my noes bleeds about half the time I blow it. I think it's completely normal, just a big incovience.

7. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

My nose doesn't bleed but I know that it's common among pregnancies. And I have had loose stools since the beginning of the pregnancy and they haven't let up. And I'm not even getting started on my non-ankles.

8. khendrix

khendrix Well-Known Member

Same here with the bloody nose and ankles. Isn't pregnancy glamorous?

9. cbrown39

cbrown39 Well-Known Member

I am right there with ya on the bloody nose and other thngs. but just think we will all be done soon. I know I cannot wait.

10. Angelmommy

Angelmommy Well-Known Member

I am right there with you, except mine is Bloody nose with Constipation. Also this morning i woke up and notice big bly veins on the sides of my tummy. Guess its from me finaly stretching out there?

11. Jordari

Jordari Well-Known Member

Yup on the bloody noses - pretty normal pregnancy side effect (all that increased blood flow). Plus, depending on where you live (I forgot to look), as heat comes on and the air gets more dry everywhere that can't help.

For ankles - try to get your feet up higher than your hips as much as possible, and drink lots and lots of water. Just make sure that your face isn't swollen - my OB said that that is more of a concern.

I too have huge long blue veins on the sides of my belly (not to mention my totally veined chest) - yes it is all SO very glamorous!

12. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm sorry about the nosebleeds. That's a lousy side dish!

I also have loose stools, but frankly am glad because the alternative (constipation, hemmeroids, etc ) sounds worse. I'm hoping it will help me recover from the c/s faster if I can *go*. LOL

Hang in there! Double the pleasure, double the pain!

13. IVFmommy2b

IVFmommy2b Well-Known Member

Bloody noses is normal. Try Salinex spray (just saline and water) to lubricate the nose before bed. Mine doesn't bleed, but I have lots of dried blood when I blow it in the morning. As for loose stools I have them all the time. I have not a hint of pregnancy constipation. Maybe it's all the fruit and veggies I am eating and all the water...but I usually go to the bathroom 3-4 times a day at least. I figure it's better than the constipation alternative.

14. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

It seems like every time I blow my nose - It bleeds! I have not had the diarrhea problem - and my ankles are better described as cankles too!!!

15. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

Ohh i can so relate to the bloody nose thing. Mine bleeds everyday and this morning it gushed. And the heat here doesnt really help much either. I found that saline water does help, but only to an extend.

i wish i was one of you ladies with the opposite problem to constipation...

16. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

I hear ya on the bloody noses, I had at least 1 "gusher" a day for weeks! I used to afectionately refer to my cankles as "Frodo feet". [​IMG] I was all hobbit from the knees down! Keep drinking water, cut back on salt and try to (somehow) put your feet up. [​IMG]

17. ReallyTiredMom

Wow - a lot of you have these same 'wonderful' side effects! I am totally going to try the saline thing. I am in Iowa (someone asked above) and it does get so dry in the winter - so that's not helping the bloody nose issue! I ran all this by my doc today and he said it's all normal. Thanks for the feedback...