Ugh! I forgot science again!

Discussion in 'General' started by jenn-, Jul 23, 2012.

1. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

I am all excited over this year's school choices for DD. I was putting everything together so we can get started next week and low and behold, I didn't plan science. I have honestly been less than satisfied with all of the science curricula we have purchased, so I think I am going to be laid back this year. I am going to have her pick a topic a month and study it. She will read books, take notes, watch videos, etc. for 3 weeks and figure out what kind of project she wants to do for the last week. I hope this works to stimulate a desire for her to want to learn more. Right now she is such a minimalist with her schooling. Put something in front of her and she will do just what she has to to be done. She has no natural drive to learn. Any idea on some fun topics I can suggest?

2. Nanny88

Nanny88 Well-Known Member

I love the Apologia younger kids science books. My brother who was born in 2000 and he has been doing great with them. They are even starting to come out with them in audio book form!

3. justinkerns

justinkerns New Member

Younger kids science books are really very interesting one for reading purpose. Yeah!! there are many audio products are available, but i will prefer my child should go through reading habits.