UGH! why do i feel so HORRIBLE at night?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by newtothis, May 20, 2009.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

every night this week i go to bed and wake up contracting and cramping. then once im up and on the couch, i feel fine.
    can someone explain this to me? i dread going to bed pretty much because of the pain i'm in! i'm awoken like every 2 hours. :huh:

2. Little June Bug

Little June Bug Well-Known Member

QUOTE(newtothis @ May 20 2009, 06:44 AM) [snapback]1320950[/snapback]
    every night this week i go to bed and wake up contracting and cramping. then once im up and on the couch, i feel fine.
    can someone explain this to me? i dread going to bed pretty much because of the pain i'm in! i'm awoken like every 2 hours. :huh:

ditto for me as well. currently 35 weeks and just this week, started cramping and contracting and it's worse at night (or when i lay down). i even went to L&D to get checked but it was non-progressive and just a part of the last leg of the race. i am waiting for more symptoms before i call the doula this time (spotting, water breaking or strong/painful contractions for example).

we are almost there!!! yay!

(exciting isn't it?) :)

3. newtothis

QUOTE(Little June Bug @ May 20 2009, 07:49 AM) [snapback]1320956[/snapback]
    ditto for me as well. currently 35 weeks and just this week, started cramping and contracting and it's worse at night (or when i lay down). i even went to L&D to get checked but it was non-progressive and just a part of the last leg of the race. i am waiting for more symptoms before i call the doula this time (spotting, water breaking or strong/painful contractions for example).

we are almost there!!! yay!

(exciting isn't it?) :)

NO I NEED MY SLEEP, lol!
    i get so nervous that i'm going to go into labor at night and then i wake up and i'm ok. a little crampy/contracting but nothing like the nightime. i lay on the couch, the bed, a chair. i try everything and nothing works.

4. Little June Bug

QUOTE(newtothis @ May 20 2009, 06:51 AM) [snapback]1320957[/snapback]
    NO I NEED MY SLEEP, lol!
    i get so nervous that i'm going to go into labor at night and then i wake up and i'm ok. a little crampy/contracting but nothing like the nightime. i lay on the couch, the bed, a chair. i try everything and nothing works.

i hear ya bout the sleep thing...i have to nap every afternoon for at least 2-3 hours to make up for the previous night. it's not easy at this point is it? it's easy to be irritable and cranky from being so uncomfortable....no one understands unless you are going through it. ... even a single pregnancy....my neice is so tiny compared to me and she's almost crying, she wants the baby out...i think...oh, if she only knew!

AND the anticipation of what's coming can cause sleepless nights...exciting and uncomfortable all at the same time...

sending you restful vibes today - hope you get some shut eye soon!

5. newtothis

QUOTE(Little June Bug @ May 20 2009, 07:55 AM) [snapback]1320963[/snapback]
    i hear ya bout the sleep thing...i have to nap every afternoon for at least 2-3 hours to make up for the previous night. it's not easy at this point is it? it's easy to be irritable and cranky from being so uncomfortable....no one understands unless you are going through it. ... even a single pregnancy....my neice is so tiny compared to me and she's almost crying, she wants the baby out...i think...oh, if she only knew!

AND the anticipation of what's coming can cause sleepless nights...exciting and uncomfortable all at the same time...

sending you restful vibes today - hope you get some shut eye soon!

thank you little june bug. :)
    im going to take a hot shower now and see if that helps too. thanks for the reply as well. i get so nervous and then it's the middle of the night and i think - no. this cant happen in the middle of the night, LOL!

6. Little June Bug

QUOTE(newtothis @ May 20 2009, 06:57 AM) [snapback]1320967[/snapback]
    thank you little june bug. :)
    im going to take a hot shower now and see if that helps too. thanks for the reply as well. i get so nervous and then it's the middle of the night and i think - no. this cant happen in the middle of the night, LOL!

i do the same thing! you are not alone in that for sure. it's tough for me too as my husband works nights and i'm home all alone with a toddler. my doula lives 45 minutes away and the hospital is an hour away and my MIL (taking care of my son) is 2 hours away! yikes! so i have the ambulance on speed dial and prepared to take my toddler with me if i'm forced to...my husband is an essential service worker so cannot leave his work unless he has a replacement (which could take an hour to arrange). yikes!

7. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:hug: I'm sorry... to all you ladies that can't sleep. :hug: I hope you all start sleeping and getting some rest before the babies are there to keep you up.

8. Little June Bug

QUOTE(TwinLove @ May 20 2009, 07:03 AM) [snapback]1320975[/snapback]
    :hug: I'm sorry... to all you ladies that can't sleep. :hug: I hope you all start sleeping and getting some rest before the babies are there to keep you up.

thank you TwinLove.

:)

9. fromthecabbagepatch

fromthecabbagepatch Well-Known Member

When I get contractions that when I have them too. They wake me up, and as soon as I'm up and on the couch I'm fine! It doesn't make sense to me.

10. dowlinal

dowlinal Well-Known Member

I had this with my second daughter and my OB let me take a tylenol PM to help me sleep through the night. It worked wonders so it might be worth a call to see if there is anything you can take.

11. newtothis

QUOTE(dowlinal @ May 20 2009, 09:20 AM) [snapback]1321109[/snapback]
    I had this with my second daughter and my OB let me take a tylenol PM to help me sleep through the night. It worked wonders so it might be worth a call to see if there is anything you can take.

good idea. i was hoping you would say to have a glass of wine to relax the uterus, LOL :D

12. dowlinal

dowlinal Well-Known Member

QUOTE(newtothis @ May 20 2009, 09:22 AM) [snapback]1321112[/snapback]
    good idea. i was hoping you would say to have a glass of wine to relax the uterus, LOL :D

a glass a wine, a tylenol PM, I bet they both do the job. :D

13. newtothis

QUOTE(dowlinal @ May 20 2009, 09:28 AM) [snapback]1321126[/snapback]
    a glass a wine, a tylenol PM, I bet they both do the job. :D

LOL - right? i go to the doc tomorrow so i'm totally asking what i can do. i can't do this until i deliver only to get no sleep once the peanuts come.

14. ChaoticMum

ChaoticMum Well-Known Member

I'm 23wks and have started feeling queasy when I lay down. I also tend to cramp during the night - it seems like as soon as I stop drinking water I start with BH's.