uh..tmi...should i worry?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ElisabethCogdill, Nov 19, 2008.

1. ElisabethCogdill

ElisabethCogdill Well-Known Member

I'm going to my OB today and I'm def going to mention this but should i start worrying?

The past couple days I have been having chest like pain where my heart is going to beat out of my chest. Two nighte ago, after laying down for two hours, I took my b/p with a machine at home and it was normal and my heart rate was 85. It seemed high to me, because my usual is like 60 something. So yesterday morning I took it again because I felt it happening again. My bp was 116/75 which was high for my NORMAL which is lower then that. my pulse was 96. that worried me but i figured i would try and rest it off and everything.

so a few minutes ago i had to pee real bad so i go pee and come out and sit down and get up and i feel like a peed my pants..i go pee again and change my undies and then within two minutes i felt it again and went to go into the bathroom and there was a ton of discharge on my undies and it was wet as well. I smelt it and it didn't smell like anything but there was alot. So i go to the bathroom and wipe and there is like an ENORMOUS amount of discharge on the tp..like two tablespoons. it was gross...

Should I call before or just rest this morning and mention it at my appt. at one (cst) when i go in?

2. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

I would go ahead and call to put your mind at ease. The racing heart feeling is normal according to my peri. I get it sometimes too and feel like my heart is beating in my throat. I think it has to do with uteran pressure on your arteries.

I would call about the discharge though. You don't want to mess around and wait too long on anything like that.

3. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

The racing heart happened to me & FREAKED me out too :hug: My OB said it was due to the increased blood volume that we have during pregnancy & it was totally normal.
    As for the discharge ~ you would probably be just fine to wait, but calling always made me feel better :good:
    Good luck & keep us posted :hug:

4. Joanna416

Joanna416 Well-Known Member

I would call just to be safe...but I'm sure you are OK....

5. Halseyse

Halseyse Well-Known Member

I agree with PP's. Call to make sure. Better to just be safe about it.

6. dallasm

dallasm Well-Known Member

I agree with the others. The heart problem happens alot to me and does freak me out but it is the increased blood you are producing. I just take deep breaths and try to calm down because sometimes i freak out and it makes it worse. The discharge sounds like ur mucas (sp) plug. Are you dilated yet? The only thing I would be concerned about is the feeling like you peed your pants after you went to the b room. Maybe you are leaking fluid???? Id call to get checked out! Good luck and keep us posted please! :rolleyes:

7. glpkkg

glpkkg Well-Known Member

Let us know what your doctor tells you!

8. ANGELA SHAW

ANGELA SHAW Well-Known Member

hello
    i am also 30 weeks , i have had to wear panty liners because the amount of leaking, i see my ob ever week now to make sure its only discharge, he said it could be how the babys are lying and my body getting ride of extra hormons,
    as for the heart racing , i have the same thing and it feels like my arms are 50lbs each.
    i was told it has somthign to do with blood flow and to lye down when it happens, it usally is gone in about 30mins
    i was told to go in if i get a headache with it though
    good luck
    if your ever worried call your ob thats what they are there for

9. ElisabethCogdill

ElisabethCogdill Well-Known Member

So I went in anyways and I wasn't leaking fluid but I am dialated to one. They sent me to l & d to get monitored and I had about 3 contractions in an hour and one of the heartbeats were lowering severly with each one, so they sent me to get an ultrasound at the peri (which saved me thirty bucks cause i don't have to go now on Friday). They are both a little over 3 lbs and doing great. He didn't see any need for concern. I did get a steriod shot (just in case) and I go back tomorrow for my second dose. No bedrest or anything..just no sex. <_< . BUT whatever it takes, right?

10. glpkkg

glpkkg Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Elisabethcogdill @ Nov 19 2008, 07:46 PM) [snapback]1078105[/snapback]
    So I went in anyways and I wasn't leaking fluid but I am dialated to one. They sent me to l & d to get monitored and I had about 3 contractions in an hour and one of the heartbeats were lowering severly with each one, so they sent me to get an ultrasound at the peri (which saved me thirty bucks cause i don't have to go now on Friday). They are both a little over 3 lbs and doing great. He didn't see any need for concern. I did get a steriod shot (just in case) and I go back tomorrow for my second dose. No bedrest or anything..just no sex. <_< . BUT whatever it takes, right?

I'm glad to hear that your doctor wasn't concerned but gave you the steriod shots anyway. The steriod shots will help your babies be ready just in case they do come early!

11. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

Good News