Update- my dreams and 'hunches' were right...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by desolation_anonymous, Jun 25, 2008.

1. desolation_anonymous

desolation_anonymous Well-Known Member

So, turns out my dreams (I had three) and hunches were right- we are expecting identical twin boys! We were hoping for girls, but we are happy their hearts are beating and they have all their bits! We have to wait to talk to the Dr. Monday to see if everything else looks OK (crosses finger)...
    Apparently my Dr. scheduled the 'big' ultrasound 1-2 weeks too early (I am 17 weeks pregnant) so we will likely have to repeat, but we got to find out their gender... the good thing is from what I've heard ultrasounds are rarely wrong in this direction (are sometimes wrong if they think they are girls, can be but are very rarely if they think they are boys) so, we can finally start putting things on our registry that aren't just yellow and green.

FYI- in case anyone wants to share weird hunches/dreams, (I would LOVE to hear yours, please post if you feel comfortable) mine were:
    1) Came out 2 boys, husband was upset (because we wanted girls) and told me we had to put them back
    2) Came out boys, Dr. wasn't SURE they were boys, because something was weird, they had feathers down there too...?
    3) We were looking at our old ultrasound pics and instead of 'A' and 'B' or 'Baby A' or 'Baby B' they said 'Brother A' and 'Brother B'

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congrats on boys! :Clap:

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:banana: on two boys!!!

Yay for Mother's Intuition! You have a great intuition, mine was not so good. I had no clue what I was having. DH knew that there was at least one girl in there and he was right about that :)

4. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

MY MIL told me that we were having twins long before I had found out. Her vegetables in her garden were coming in twins. Thought that was kind of FREAKY! Congratulations on finding out!!

5. lukesmom325

lukesmom325 Well-Known Member

Hi,

My hunch that we were having twins was RIGHT ON, despite the fact that my family thought I was nuts! But I also thought we were having two girls and the ultrasound just showed us today that Baby B is definitley a BOY!! Not sure about Baby A, but it is suspected that it is a girl. . . So my intuition is not exactly on target. . . LOL

Laura

6. Kimani

Kimani Well-Known Member

I have a hunch that these are identical boys too...even though I want girls. We'll see...

Congrats!

7. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:yahoo: Congrats on your boys!!! :yahoo:

8. laura305

laura305 Well-Known Member

i thought i was having ID girls but i'm having ID boys i was proved wrong for my hunch :D but i had a strong feeling it was twins.. but wasnt sure, cause i always hear moms early in pregnancy going what if its twins.

9. LMW1015

LMW1015 Well-Known Member

Congrats to you!!! I had a dream right before we started IVF that we were decorating the nursery and one half of the room was blue and the other half was pink. I thought that was pretty cool. I've had a feeling there was one of each in there ever since. Yesterday our Peri confirmed 1 is definitely a boy and the other one he is pretty sure is a girl. He told us to go buy all the blue we want but to hold off on a room full of pink until our 18 week u/s to confirm. Last weekend I actually had a dream that the DR's told us we had a boy and a girl and when we got them home we changed their diapers and discovered they were both girls!! LOL SO strange. Well guess that one was wrong. ;) I'm hoping they stay boy and girl cause I'd just love it. BUT I'll be so thankful and love whatever we're given. :)

10. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

Congrats on the Boys!!!

When i was pregnant with DD1 i KNEW she was a girl from the second i got pregnant.. With the twins.. I had no idea.. I had a feeling there was a boy but i was unsure.. We found out that it was twins at 17.5 weeks at the "big" ultrasound. I was so unsure.. and the reason.. is because it was b/g twinks.. I never thought that it would be twins..!

11. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

when I was pregnant with the girls, I had a dream that they were calico kittens. calico cats are 99% of the time female - so I guess I was right in the dream but my gut feeling was that they were boys because we have 3 other boys so I just KNEW we would have 2 more boys!!! which would have been GREAT but I am SO in love with my little calico kittens!!!

12. Mum2TwinBoys

Mum2TwinBoys Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! Identical Boys are such fun!

13. mollysanderson

mollysanderson Well-Known Member

Not so much a hunch, but a cute story ... when I was 19 I had an in depth astrology reading, and was told to watch out for twins if I married a Gemini. The reason for this being that Gemini (the sign of the twins) rules my Fifth House, the house of procreation (amongst a couple other things).

I always kept this at the back of my mind but some 15 years later, when I married a Gemini, never thought it would actually happen. Being told at our eight week u/s that there were in fact two of them in there was very strange. Safely one of the biggest shocks of my life, but also somehow expected on a very deep level. It's definitely renewed my faith in astrology, and I love to think my twinnies were written in the stars!

Congrats on your boys - we're at the same point with our identicals, I think?