UPDATE on stuffy nose: I think I figured it out

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kbaldwin, Apr 16, 2009.

1. kbaldwin

kbaldwin Well-Known Member

A few weeks ago I posted about my nose, which stuffs up terribly in the middle of the night, and each morning I'm blowing out huge, bloody boogers (sorry if TMI!). Anyway, so last week I went with my husband and son to Key West (Last Vacation of My Life), and in that air-conditioned hotel room my nose cleared up almost IMMEDIATELY... and then as soon as we returned to the Northeast (still have heat going in the house), the nose torture started up again. So now I'm convinced that as soon as we can turn off the heat and open the windows, I'll sleep better again.

I just wanted to share this hope with my fellow sufferers!

2. mkhvjh

mkhvjh Well-Known Member

The humidty helps with the nose!!!!

3. kbaldwin

Yeah, it was a bit humid and windy down in the keys -- I bet all the ocean droplets blowing in there helped a lot -- another reason I didn't want to come back and face reality!

4. scorpion509

scorpion509 Well-Known Member

buy the humidifier and turn it on at night it will help you with your nose.

5. kbaldwin

QUOTE(scorpion509 @ Apr 16 2009, 02:20 PM) [snapback]1275979[/snapback]
    buy the humidifier and turn it on at night it will help you with your nose.

I wish it would work for me! I have the thing on high, on the floor right next to me, but it doesn't seem to make a whole lot of difference. :( I guess I just need to move south. :)

6. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:Clap: I'm glad you found a solution. I hope it works for you once you stop putting the heat on. :good:

7. babymOmmax2

babymOmmax2 Well-Known Member

I wish I knew about this when I was pregnant! My nose drove me CRAZY ; I can't imagine how many boxes of tissues I must have went through. Hope you find a cure that works! :)

8. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

Have you tried using a neti pot or nasal rinse? I have awful sinuses as do my kiddos and we are addicted to ours. It sprays a warm saline solution into one side of your nostril and then it comes out the other nostril bringing with it all kinds of gross stuff. It takes a bit to get used to, but once you do you'll be hooked. It helps keep it hydrated and cleans it all out. Like some of the pp, a humidifier should help too.