UPDATE>>>What Drastic Change Have You Made Since Twins?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ads3046, Jan 5, 2007.

1. ads3046

ads3046 Well-Known Member

I suppose I mean this in a personal kind of way. I have pretty long hair and I have made an appointment tomorrow morning to have it all wacked off. [​IMG] DH is not too happy about it. What is it with men and long hair? [​IMG] Anyway, I need a major change and part of that has to do with the amount of time I have to spend on grooming. I HATE doing my hair and it is not the type of hair that you can just wake up with and go. I'm also starting to see a lot of little gray hairs coming in along my front hair line. I think it's time for a...I'm almost 40 with twins.... hairdo. What do you think? Anyway, I just thought I would ask if anyone else felt the need to change something.

Angela

THE AFTER IS IN ANOTHER POST, BECAUSE I COULDN'T GET IT TO ADD TWO PICS TO THIS ONE. THE BEFORE IS AT CHRISTMAS WITH MY YOUNGER BROTHER AND THE KIDS.

2. ads3046

I suppose I mean this in a personal kind of way. I have pretty long hair and I have made an appointment tomorrow morning to have it all wacked off. [​IMG] DH is not too happy about it. What is it with men and long hair? [​IMG] Anyway, I need a major change and part of that has to do with the amount of time I have to spend on grooming. I HATE doing my hair and it is not the type of hair that you can just wake up with and go. I'm also starting to see a lot of little gray hairs coming in along my front hair line. I think it's time for a...I'm almost 40 with twins.... hairdo. What do you think? Anyway, I just thought I would ask if anyone else felt the need to change something.

Angela

THE AFTER IS IN ANOTHER POST, BECAUSE I COULDN'T GET IT TO ADD TWO PICS TO THIS ONE. THE BEFORE IS AT CHRISTMAS WITH MY YOUNGER BROTHER AND THE KIDS.

3. girlsxtwo

girlsxtwo Well-Known Member

I quit my job, let my hair grow longer and colored it a different color, and lost 20 lbs. Don't know if that counts or not, but that's some changes I've done since the twins came along. Next change I want to make for myself is to learn to play guitar.

4. WEME

WEME Well-Known Member

I quit my job, cut my hair really short, don't wear much makeup anymore and wear my glasses most of the time (instead of contacts) and I've gained about 10 lbs (still average weight though).

5. ads3046

quote:
    I quit my job, let my hair grow longer and colored it a different color

I did that too, but now my hair is driving me batty!!!! My next goal is to lose about 10-15lbs. I am not over weight by any means, but I would LOVE to be able to get back into my size 6 instead of an 8. Maybe that's wishful thinking since I'm older. I hear that you can expect to see about a 10 lb gain for every ten years over 30. YIKES!!! I hope that's not true.

Angela

6. me_and_my_boy

me_and_my_boy Well-Known Member

Only big change w/quitting my job and becoming a SAHM. I won't cut my hair 'cause then it wouldn't go in the ponytail I wear all the time [​IMG]!

BTW, I'm going to be 40 in June and would love to lose a little weight, but it does seem harder the older I get [​IMG]!

Good luck!
    Mendy

7. Sara26

Sara26 Well-Known Member

I quit working full-time as an attorney to stay at home with my girls, and in order to make this work we had to sell our house! It meant taking a financial hit, since the housing market sucks right now, but it's just money, right?

I'm also thinking about getting an actual "hairdo." I have long curly hair, and I think it's time to have an actual style. I haven't made an appointment yet, but I think I'm going to next week.

8. p31heather

p31heather Well-Known Member

i am ready to get a perm again. i have half naturally curly hair and the front half is board straight. I saw a picture of myself and thought how haggard I look so it's time for a no-fuss hair do. I lost 25 lb below pre-preg. The next drastic change is to re-decorate the house. I'm sick of my furniture. Anyone want to trade couches with me?

9. ads3046

quote:
    BTW, I'm going to be 40 in June

Mendy,
    Me too! The big "40" on June 13th!!!

Angela

Maybe I'll post a before and after pic once I cut my hair tomorrow. Or, maybe not. [​IMG]

10. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

I actually grew my hair when I was trying to get pregnant. I kept in medium length until K&M were 1 1/2. Then I chopped it all off. I love it short and it is so much easier.

I care about my appearance but not like I used to. K&M have a better wardrobe than I do!

PS. I'm glad I'll be in good company. I turn the BIG 40 on June15th!
    PS to Angela: Definitely post before/after pics!

11. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

Like many others, I quit my job. I also cut my hair to a chin length bob prior to having the girls and have kept this style. Other changes? I don't spend nearly as much on my wardrobe now, when I do go shopping I always end up buying for everyone else...
    Sue

12. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I whacked off my hair too. Like you said, DH wasn't happy. I love it though.

I don't know if this counts as a change, in the sense of doing something intentional, but I have become a lot more outgoing. Partly it is that I have something strangers always want to talk to me about (a stroller with twins in it!). But also I just feel more of a desire to connect with people, even if it's just chatting in line at the coffee shop.

I'd love to redecorate the house, but we can barely afford to simply keep it functioning at the moment, let alone redecorate....

13. Zigcanada

Zigcanada Well-Known Member

I used to workout - now, not at all.
    I do a load of laundry a day.
    I work from home, rather than from the office, which means no commute but also a less stylish wardrobe most of the time.
    I only talk on the phone to people who can stand listening to sentences like "The movie was really Zoe don't touch that! good but I thought the lead actor Katie get down! was miscast...."

14. K&B's Mom

K&B's Mom Well-Known Member

I, too, cut my super short (and colored it a darker color, too [​IMG]). I just wasn't taking the time to do anything with my hair anyway. Now it's more wash and wear which is great. Even better, since it's naturally wavy, with the short length it has some actual curl. Like others have said, I also quit my job.

15. RachelJoy

RachelJoy Well-Known Member

quote:
    I have pretty long hair and I have made an appointment tomorrow morning to have it all wacked off. [​IMG] DH is not too happy about it. What is it with men and long hair?

Opposite problem here . . . DH has beautiful long curly hair that is usually back in a ponytail. His hair has been longer than mine for years (and nicer than mine forever). All of a sudden he's talking about cutting it short, and I'm so upset . . . I really hope he doesn't do it!

As for me, big change is just not working. It's driving me nuts too . . . I'd like a little more adult interaction than I get talking to the mom's at playgroup. All we ever talk about is our kids anyhow. Definitely time for a little intellectual stimulation here.

-Rachel

16. Tracy B

Tracy B Well-Known Member

1. Quit my job (my mind feels like mush)
    2. Bought the dreaded minivan (said I would NEVER drive one of those)
    3. Got hooked on the Young and the Restless since I can watch it while
    I eat lunch and the kids nap (my guilty pleasure- called the "Bad
    Show" by my 8 yr. old
    4. Dream about how I will really "whoop it up" in my 40's, as the twins
    will enter school when I turn 40

17. firemedic

firemedic Well-Known Member

I also cut my long thick hair off. Now it is just below my chin. Good luck with the cut and please share pics.

18. 2peasNApod

2peasNApod Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by Zigcanada:
    I used to workout - now, not at all.
    I do a load of laundry a day.
    I work from home, rather than from the office, which means no commute but also a less stylish wardrobe most of the time.
    I only talk on the phone to people who can stand listening to sentences like "The movie was really Zoe don't touch that! good but I thought the lead actor Katie get down! was miscast...."

LOL, that is too funny!

I plan on getting a tummy tuck and out of this twin skin for good!

19. ~*Twinmom22*~

~*Twinmom22*~ Well-Known Member

I went through that phase, too. Where I thought that I needed to make a change to myself. I think it is somehow related to post partum, because for the longest I thought that I needed to color my hair or get some different colored contacts to change my appearance some. Eventually. I got out of it. Now, I am glad that I didn't do anything drastic. I think it's just a phase, but if you feel that persistent about it, I would do it, but not too drastic. Just think about it some.

20. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

I go up and down with my hair, mostly long. Right now it's very long. I actually find that it is MORE work when it's short. When it's long I have the option of wash and either just let it dry or pull it back. When it's short I feel like it has to be "just so". But it might be different with differnt hair types, etc. That's just the way it is for me. Right now I feel like I'll stay long for a long time. Of course, when I decide to actually "do" my hair, it does take a pretty long time.

In terms of major changes I've made, really not much at all. I used to do martial arts, though, and be pretty buff, and although I'm back to my pre-preg weight, I'm softer now. I just started a running program, and am hoping that'll help. I've also started for the first time ever, buying "light" products.

21. lrothrock1

lrothrock1 Well-Known Member

I feel like I live at the grocery store!

22. heathernd

heathernd Well-Known Member

This is an out-of-the-box answer, but the most drastic change I have made since having twins is building self-confidence. My DH is active duty military and frequently away from the family. I chose to go back to work when the boys were "medically cleared" around 12 months and I can run our household (5-yr twins + 2 lab puppies) alone without any problems while managing to hold down a full-time job. My DH loves it because he doesn't have to worry when he's gone and I love it because I have faith in myself.

23. ads3046

quote:
    My DH is active duty military and frequently away from the family. I chose to go back to work when the boys were "medically cleared" around 12 months and I can run our household (5-yr twins + 2 lab puppies) alone without any problems while managing to hold down a full-time job. My DH loves it because he doesn't have to worry when he's gone and I love it because I have faith in myself.

[​IMG] You go girl! Same scenerio here, however I stopped work with the federal govt. to stay home with the kids. DH will retire with 26yrs by the time they start school and then I will go back and finish up my 7yrs for retirement. It's definitely rough some days. I was diagnosed with MS in 1999 and medically retired from the service, so I'm extrememly tired a lot. I have to be careful and get as much sleep as possible. We've been lucky in that DH hasn't had to travel much with this position he has now, but we are probably moving this year again. If he gets placed with the unit he wants, he will be gone 6 months and home 6 months for the remainder of his time in.

Angela

24. kerilynh

kerilynh Well-Known Member

I became a SAHM. Cut my hair, but I am trying to regrow it back cause I hate short hair. My hair is sooo clurly that it just frizzes out and lookes like a football helmet. I rarely ever get out anymore, cause we are down to one car and hubby leaves at 6Am and I am not waking the kids up to drag them out to keep the car home. By the time he gets home I am physically exhausted to do anything but make dinner, play with the boys some more, clean house, and go to bed to do it all over again the next day. I have no life. Wow I just realized how pathetic I am. :-(

Keri

25. TwinMom205

TwinMom205 Well-Known Member

Major changes since the twins were born:

1. Started school for a nursing degree. (1/4 of the way done. Career change from teacher.)
    2. Went from a size 10 to a 6!! (Although that's from the Paxil for PPD/PMDD.) I have replaced about 90% of my wardrobe too because I wanted to look like a "cool mom" and not frumpy.
    3. Botox.
    4. I color my hair auburn every 3-4 weeks. I've always been a dirty blond but wanted to be red. So I "bit the bullet" and love it!
    5. I bought a pet lizard. Due to dh and twins' allergies, we can't have cats, dogs, etc. But I wanted a pet! So a month ago I contacted a breeder and bought a [slightly expensive] beautiful bearded dragon.

26. MommyofThreeBoys

MommyofThreeBoys Well-Known Member

First, Make sure you post a before and after picture of your hair.

Second, My hair has always been about 5 inches past my shoulder and a dirty blond color. In September, I did a full all over color and did it really blond. I liked it then BUT, right before Christmas, I decided I wanted to go darker (more to my growing in root color) Now, i discovered that I HATED my lighter color. I cut about 6" off to make it just bobbing on my shoulders and I cut a long bang.

Third, I dress much nicer now than I used to....I am 5'3" and weigh about 105-110 lbs.

I want to be looked at as that "cute" 29 year old mother of 3 children ages 3 and under.

27. Jersey_Girls

Jersey_Girls Well-Known Member

Quit my job to stay home with the gals
    Bought a house in the burbs
    Renewed my driver's lisence (hadn't driven a car in 15 years!)
    Stopped watching the news

28. DWJJ

DWJJ Well-Known Member

These are my big changes:
    1) quit fulltime job; gained 55lb before giving birth;
    2) stayed home for 14 months, still wearing maternity clothes;
    3) went back to fulltime job; weight dropped to prepregnancy, need a tummy tuck for sure though but haven't thought having it done;
    4) straight permed my hair so it is so easy to take care in the morning. Just shampoo and brush and it stays straight;
    5) my boys are 22 months now, with the same nanny for 18 months....

I like my life better now. I think it has to do with my boys sleeping from 7pm-7am. It really helps!

29. ads3046

Ok, I posted the before on the initial post, but I couldn't get it to add more than one picture so here is the after. Forgive the tired look. It was late in the day and I had no makeup on. [​IMG] Wow, I look my age.

Angela

30. p31heather

p31heather Well-Known Member

cute I like your hair!

31. LisaGoeke

LisaGoeke Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm also going to be finally changing my hairstyle like some of you, going from really long to quite a bit shorter, and getting it highlighted too.

Like a few of you, I will be turning 40 on June 4 and I think that has a lot to do with my drastic change I'll be making! Something to make me hopefully feel a bit younger!

32. mamaslilbears

mamaslilbears Well-Known Member

Like the haircut! Here are some of the changes I have made:

-Moved from Italy to Ohio

-Lost weight (size 16-18 to a size 10-12)

-Let my hair grow (was really short, now at my shoulders)

-My hair is now it's natural color (was dark blonde wen they were born, now it is dark brown).

-Went back to school, again (almosst 1/2 way done!)

These are a few of the major ones!!!

33. kma13

kma13 Well-Known Member

LOVE THE HAIR!!

34. me_and_my_boy

me_and_my_boy Well-Known Member

quote:
    Like a few of you, I will be turning 40 on June 4

Looks like there are a few of us turning 40 in June -- I'm June 3 [​IMG]

Hair looks great Angela! Isn't it weird to wash it now?

Mendy

35. jem0622

jem0622 Well-Known Member

Love the 'do! I can't say that I've done anything drastic. I guess I am boring! LOL. What I worry less about:

- toy clutter/mess
    - folding laundry (it gets washed/dried and sorted)
    - comments from people who have not raised twins or had a larger family