Vaginal Delivery vs. C-section

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by BabiesMk3, Dec 15, 2006.

1. BabiesMk3

BabiesMk3 Member

My midwife informs me that I will most likely end up having a C-section, but I would prefer to have the twins delivered vaginally. Does anyone have any statics on Twin deliveries? Are they usually delivered C-section? What is the percentage of twins delivered vaginally?

2. BabiesMk3

BabiesMk3 Member

My midwife informs me that I will most likely end up having a C-section, but I would prefer to have the twins delivered vaginally. Does anyone have any statics on Twin deliveries? Are they usually delivered C-section? What is the percentage of twins delivered vaginally?

3. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

I am not for sure where to find these numbers. I am sure that somewhere you can find a poll.
    I would suggest taking a poll of your own on the t/s site. Try the first year forum and see who's had vaginal and who's had c/s. This could give you a rough estimate.
    HTH [​IMG]

4. Rockmama

Rockmama Member

I think Dr. Luke's book said 50-50 on c-section vs. vaginal. If they're both vertex then you're good to try for vaginal. If they're one up-one down, some docs will try vaginal and some won't. If they're transverse, that's almost definite on the c-section.

5. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

I think the polls done previously on TS agree with Michele's stats. It is usually about 50/50.

6. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

I had them vaginally. My doc said as long as baby A is head down, they'll go ahead with a vaginal delivery. Baby B was born via breech extraction (arm in, grab his feet and pull him out). He was born 4 minutes later. As long as Baby B isn't more than 2 pounds bigger, my doc would do a breech extraction. I already delivered a 9lbs+ baby vaginally before, so these smaller (though still large) twins weren't much of a problem for me.