Valentine Day Craft/Ideas for 15 mos and up?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Sullyirishtwins, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies,

Do you have any idea for Valentine craft/ideas for toddlers (15 mos and up)?

Thanks for reading in,
    Diana

2. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

Cookie decorating is always fun & delicious :)

3. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

Last year I did handprints on white paper using special ink that's safe for kids skin. I cut red hearts out of construction paper and glued the handprints in the center of each heart. I gave them to DH from each of them. They were cute.

I need to think of something for this year. I think I'll expand to include grandparents, so likely some type of card.

4. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

Thanks! I am an organizer for our twins play group. We do holiday cookies (for all seasonal) but I wanted to do something that is easy for toddlers in our group. I really like the hand print idea!

Keep bringing in some more ideas!

Diana w/Rianna and Justin

5. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

I always liked doing anything that had to do with making some sort of picture frame. You could glue some popsicle sticks in the shape of a square on a big piece of paper that can be folded in half to be like a card or you can just do it as a wall hanging or just as is. Have them decorate it with pre-cut paper hearts of different colors that they can glue on (with glue sticks) or you could do pre cut sponges in the shapes of hearts of different sizes and let them dip them in paint and stamp the paper. Take their picture (if you have a digital camera) print them out and glue the pic in the box. Hope it doesn't sound to lame. It's just the first thing that came to my mind.

6. 2boysforus

2boysforus Well-Known Member

QUOTE(first_second_and_last @ Jan 21 2008, 03:06 PM) [snapback]582861[/snapback]
    Last year I did handprints on white paper using special ink that's safe for kids skin. I cut red hearts out of construction paper and glued the handprints in the center of each heart. I gave them to DH from each of them. They were cute.

I need to think of something for this year. I think I'll expand to include grandparents, so likely some type of card.

I LOVE that idea! Thank you!

7. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this! Thank you for all the great ideas so far!

8. frickandfrack

frickandfrack Well-Known Member

You can do heart shaped stamps [out of potatoes, cardboard, etc.]. We do a lot of collages with scraps of paper, material, straws, yarn, etc. You could search for red/pink/white things to glue onto paper.