Very stinky breath

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by aimeemorgan1218, Mar 18, 2010.

1. aimeemorgan1218

aimeemorgan1218 Well-Known Member

That's right. One of my little sweeties has very stinky breath and it always smells like garlic. She never eats garlic. Even after her teeth are brushed... still stinks. It never goes away. Does this mean something or is that just the 'scent' of her breath?

Sorry if that is weird. I have to know though!

Thanks!

2. newpairofschus

newpairofschus Well-Known Member

Is she teething? Or does she have sinus issues? Anytime my DS gets stuffed up, he gets really stinky breath.

If it's neither of these I might give the pedi or dentist a call, just for peace of mind. I hate wondering...

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree with Eve, when my DD is congested her breath smells awful. It would not hurt to call the pedi if you continue to be concerned.

4. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

I would definitely call the ped; it might be an infection of some sort and it wouldn't hurt to have her sinuses or mouth checked out.

An interesting tidbit; you can get garlic breath without actually eating garlic. If you rub garlic on the soles of your feet, within a few hours your breath will smell like garlic. That stuff is insidious!! I don't suppose your DD is handling garlic or onions, or even playing with chives or those weeds in the lawn that look like chives?? :pardon:

5. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

I think I would call the Pedi. Like PPs said, it could be a sign of an infection.

6. aimeemorgan1218

aimeemorgan1218 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. I'm really not sure. I don't think its anything to do with her being sick. She isn't sick except for the fact that she's been keeping ear infections. We actually go to an ENT on Tuesday to discuss tubes.

Thanks for all suggestions!

7. ckreh

ckreh Well-Known Member

[quote name='Macie&Makenna'sMommy' date='20 March 2010 - 05:47 PM' timestamp='1269121622' post='1604077']
    Thanks everyone. I'm really not sure. I don't think its anything to do with her being sick. She isn't sick except for the fact that she's been keeping ear infections. We actually go to an ENT on Tuesday to discuss tubes.

Thanks for all suggestions!
    [/quote]

DH gets this everytime his seasonal allergies start up with the post-nasal drip or he gets a sinus infection. The ENT doc prescribes him meds that help when it flares up. I hope you get some answers at your appointment.

8. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

Mine get bad breath w/ every ear infection.