Video baby monitor with 2 cameras...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by kayleesmama, Oct 20, 2008.

1. kayleesmama

kayleesmama Well-Known Member

Hi! My twins are almost 20 mos old. They sleep in the same room & lately we've really been looking at getting a video monitor with two cameras to keep an eye on our ornery girls. LOL! Can anyone recommend a good video monitor with two cameras? Thanks so much!! :)

2. kayleesmama

Anybody??? Please???

3. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I'm really sorry... I have NO idea! My best suggestion is that on Amazon you can read the reviews of stuff. Maybe that's a good place to start! I didn't have a video monitor!! :( Sorry!!

4. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

Never heard of one, sorry. My husband looked at some regular video surveillance cameras that would work with wi-fi and thought about installing two in our girls bedrooms and then hooking them up to our wireless network so we could watch the girls on our computer, but it seemed like too much of an effort. If you need something that shows you both girls, you could always do a search on regular home video surveillance equipment, not just baby related monitors.

5. Beb

Beb Well-Known Member

Hi!

I have the video monitor from Summer. It works really well. It has night vision so that you are able to see very clearly what they are doing in a darkened room. I love mine! Can't imagine not having it!

HTH!

6. kayleesmama

Thank you for the replies!! I appreciate it. I have seen the Summer one, but some reviews were good & some were not so good...Athena, does yours have two cameras in the same room? Or are your twins in different rooms? Thanks!!! oh, & do you get lots of static on it? That's what some of the reviews had said.

7. Mel1012

Mel1012 Member

I have the Summer video camera too. It came with the monitor and one camera. You can buy an extra camera. The monitor allows you to switch between camera A and camera B. I have used mine about 10 months now, and the sound feature is either really low or fairly loud now - no in-between. But I have nieces and other kids over here who are ALWAYS messing with it to see the babies sleep, so I think it is not Summer fault. I would recommend it. Our house is 3600 sf, two story, and it works everywhere I take the monitor.

8. Beb

Beb Well-Known Member

Hi,

My twins share a room so I have both cameras in the same room. I keep the monitor next to my bed. I do get some static sometimes, but can usually maneuver the monitor to find a spot with good reception.

This may sound odd, but I don't use this monitor for sound. I have a Sony that is much easier to carry with me from room to room. I put my video monitor's volume down and listen to my Sony. Now, that being said, I would be able to use the montior's volume just fine, I just prefer my Sony.

My Summer came with both cameras in the same package so you should be able to find the cameras and the monitor in one package.

GL!!

9. kayleesmama

Thanks so much girls! I REALLY appreciate it! I think I will check out the Summer.