Video montage software?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by vtlakey, Apr 28, 2010.

1. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

I've seen some awesome video montages posted here, and with newtothis' latest post about her montgage I've been wondering what software people have been using to create their video montages? We don't have a Mac so it would have to be Windows software, and free software would be even better! Though we would consider purchasing some software if its not too expensive.

I would have asked this question on newtothis' thread but didn't want to hijack it :)

2. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You can go to One True Media and make them there! My link is in my siggy. Its really easy and pretty cheap to order them!

3. marleigh

marleigh Well-Known Member

I agree with Jen. I've used the same for about 5 or 6 montages I've made. They always turn out great.

4. rkokinda

rkokinda Well-Known Member

I also have used One True Media - it's very intuitive and the results have been great!

5. WaterGuzzler

WaterGuzzler Well-Known Member

I use Windows Live Movie Maker but it came with my laptop (not sure hows much it would be to purchase?). I love it because of the editing features and it's so simple.

6. lawilliams77

lawilliams77 Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, my laptop has this and I didn't even know it. Awesome. I'm going to start working on their first year montage too. Thanks to the first poster that asked and everyone else that answered.

7. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I use onetruemedia too! Love it!

I did download a freebie to cut my videos a bit before uploading to OTM, it's called VideoPad Video Editor. Super easy to use, and I tried 4-5 before I found this one! :)

8. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great replies everybody! One True Media sounds awfully easy! Though my DH wonders if the video quality will be good or more like the videos you see on YouTube. He's so picky ;) We'll also check to see if any of our computers have Windows Live Movie Maker. Thanks again!

9. rkokinda

The quality is as good as the video you put into it, though it does down-res it for online streaming. I have no complaints about it!

10. ljmcisaac

ljmcisaac Well-Known Member

Check out tucows for free/pay/shareware software too.

tucows

11. rkokinda

Here's a link to my son's montage on One True Media - which reminds me, I need to do one for the girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :FIFblush: FYI, the video in this montage was shot on a small digital camera in video mode so it's far from the best. I need to test it out with video from our newer camera.

Noah