Vitamin Drop Question

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by girlzmom2b, Nov 24, 2006.

1. girlzmom2b

girlzmom2b Well-Known Member

How do you administer vitamin drops? Just on the tongue, or mixed in food or bottle?

2. girlzmom2b

girlzmom2b Well-Known Member

How do you administer vitamin drops? Just on the tongue, or mixed in food or bottle?

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

They taste and smell absolutely horrible [​IMG], I have always given them in their bottles or mixed in with food. [​IMG]

4. nicolepag

nicolepag Well-Known Member

At first we put it with formula but stopped because (a) went to BF'ing (b) the kids took the vitamins without mixing (yea, I know... they'll pretty much suck down anything ... I am lucky). We always put it in the top of a nipple. For their iron drops, we just use the dropper. Good luck.

5. stacyann_1

stacyann_1 Well-Known Member

in the dropper when we give them a bath. So when they spit some out, it isn't a mess.

6. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

We used to put them in the nipple...but that got pretty messy when the boys starting grabbing at things. We moved to a small 60 ml bottle the hospital gave us with about an ounce of formula in it.

7. jultaria

jultaria Well-Known Member

I've always given it to them with the dropper. Daniel loves it and sucks it right out of the dropper...Joshua makes faces but takes it a little at a time. They arent good about finishing a bottle and I was always afraid they wouldnt get enough.

Giving it to them in the tub is a great idea because it smells horrible if it gets on their clothes. I always make sure they have a bib on if I do give it to them otherwise they'll smell like the vitamin until you change them.

8. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

our ped told us they rather us not mix it with the formula cause much of the vitamin sticks to the sides of the bottle and they don't get the full dose. Funny thing is, I just started giving it to them directly and they got used to it pretty quickly, only like 2 days. I just put the dropper against the back of the cheek and shoot it in. They haven't spit any up yet. I always follow it right after they have gotten it with the first morning bottle.

9. lola5

lola5 Well-Known Member

Choosing the right brand for vitamin drops is important, and Purity Products is a reputable option to consider. Purity Products reviews can provide helpful information about the quality and effectiveness of their goods. By exploring customer experiences and feedback, you can gain a better understanding of the benefits offered by this company and make an educated choice for your vitamin needs.