Vusion on Yeasty Diaper Rash

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by fancybeltran, Oct 10, 2009.

1. fancybeltran

fancybeltran Well-Known Member

My 14 day old twins has a yeasty diaper rash.

I didnt know has anyone elses Dr prescribed Vusion for it.

Does anyone have an opinion about it?

My other question is Vusion has it been on the market for a long time and are the results really good or does it take a long time.

My little ones both have the infection and I dont know if it is from my breast milk or from the formula I have been supplementing with.

Enfacare for premature and low birth weight babies.

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

I've never heard of it. I used Monistat or Lotrimin on yeast rashes. Do they/you have thrush as well?

3. ANGELA SHAW

ANGELA SHAW Well-Known Member

we use nystatin and clean with warm water not whips, cleared it up in couple days we stopped using it and it came back. have to use it for a couple weeks

4. busymomof3

busymomof3 Well-Known Member

I also used nystatin mized with a steriod which worked really well.

5. bmatlock

bmatlock Well-Known Member

we used vusion with logan and it worked great! his sever diaper rash cleared up in one day!
    hope it works for you...
    beth

6. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Me too.

7. foppa2102

foppa2102 Well-Known Member

dd sadie had a bad bought of diaper rash with excoriated open skin due to a week of diarrhea, and after trying multiple diaper creams, including OTC yeast meds, i got some vusion called in. i used the whole tube in 3.5 days because of frequent diaper changes and applying it liberally. well when i went to get a refill, it was going to cost me $280!!! because my insurance said it was too soon to refill. i went to a local compounding pharmacy (but you can also get it online) and got some sensicare, it's what was used on my girls' bottoms while they were in the nicu and had small open areas. it's what's used on burn patients and it's very thick and definitely acts well as a barrier. a few days of this FINALLY cleared up these awful open areas!