waking in the morning

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by AimeeThomp, Apr 19, 2008.

1. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My babies wake up in the mornings and don't cry or make loud noises. They quietly babble and play quietly in their cribs. If I have the monitor on I can hear it over the monitor, but they aren't in any sort of distress. Do I need to get them out of the crib as soon as they wake up? Should I wait until they start to cry? What do you do?
    Up to this point I've been going in and getting them as soon as I hear the noises - especially if I'm already awake and anxious to play with them and see their little smiley faces! But on mornings when I don't feel like getting up - how long is it okay to let them play in their cribs if they are happy?

TIA!

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I leave them in their cribs until they "call" for me. They always had a good time just hanging out in their cribs, so I let them. :) They usually stay in their crib about half hour or so.

3. 2Xthelove

2Xthelove Well-Known Member

mine have separate cribs. B/G twins and they roll all over their crib lol. my DD wakes up and plays in her crib where DS wakes up and wants out so he cries. i leave her in there until i change him and get him situated then i go get her. nap time i let her stay in there for a bit before i go get her. so really if they are being good and not fussing leave them in there for a bit. if you can't wait to see them then go get them. but on the days when you could use the extra minutes laying there let them stay in there. as long as they aren't crying then it's really your choice.

4. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

My girls play in their cribs in the morning until after I've showered and then I go get them. They usually play around a half hour to 45 minutes.

5. melissak

melissak Well-Known Member

I leave mine until they start fussing

6. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I have always left mine in there for a while too. I figure if they get used to entertaining themselves for a little while, that will help in the long run. Typically it's about a 1/2 hour before I go and get them.

Cute avi, by the way! :wub: Are they in bathing suits?

7. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

oh good, y'alls responses are making me feel better about possibly leaving them in the crib in the mornings! I need to turn the monitor off, so that way it won't keep me awake to hear them playing - if they are crying it will wake me up.

Yes, they are in bathing suits and have sunglasses on their heads! They don't like the sunglasses to actually be over their eyes, so we use them like headbands, lol. We love to go swimming and they look so cute in their suits! Thanks so much for the compliment Michelle!

8. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

My girls wake between 630-7 and I dont get them out till 7 and if they are just talking to each other I will leave them in there for a few more minutes while I stretch and rub my eyes! ;)