waking up screaming at 2 am...every morning!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by lisagayle, Feb 25, 2011.

1. lisagayle

lisagayle Well-Known Member

So sweet, little, angelic DD has been waking up between 2 and 3 am every morning for the last 4 mornings. Normally they sleep until about 430 or 5 and get a bottle and go back to sleep until 7. She screams like she's being murdered in there. DH has tried giving her her bottle early, but she either doesn't drink it or sucks it down and continues to scream. Nothing will console her unless it's DH or I holding her or rocking her. I have no idea what to make of it, but it's getting really old.

Anybody have any suggestions?

2. ohd1974

ohd1974 Well-Known Member

One of my DD did this around this age, it was short lived and nothing worked but rocking her too. I chalked it up to nightmares.

3. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Bad dreams are all I can blame. My son does it too around 10-12 sometime now. But he used to do it ecery night. He wakes up and cries. I just have to take him to bed with me for like 20mins then put him back to his crib. Then he sleeps to the morning. Nothing else I can do. And it's not a problem for me.

4. lisagayle

That's what DH suggested, too. I brought her to our bed last night until she fell back asleep. But the minute I put her in her bed she woke up again. I'm hoping she grows out of it soon. She's woken up both her twin brother who she shares a room with and older DS who is in a room down the hall. Usually younger DS goes back to sleep, but once older DS is up...he's up. Ha!

5. bellawillawyatt

bellawillawyatt Well-Known Member

Wyatt does this but around 4am. I almost always can lay him back down, and pat his bottom until he is back asleep. Do you have a sound machine? It won't help with the one who is awake most likely but it could help drown out the noise to the other kids.

6. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

Our boys have done this the last few nights, too. They are cutting teeth, so I'm thinking that is what it is. They are working on their molars, which I know are painful. Any chance yours could be teething?

7. w101ttd

totally agreed!!! I forgot about teething... mine might be teething too. They just have so much fun and forget about the pain in the day. But it might hurt badly at night. I can tell their teeth keep popping. At least it doesnt affect their food intakes. Good luck! its no fun, but will pass soon. hang in here

8. lisagayle

She is teething...she has four teeth and her 5th and 6th (the top two on each side of her front teeth) are coming in now. I guess I didn't think about how bad that can hurt at night. :(

9. MrsBirch

MrsBirch Well-Known Member

DD does this too, she used do it about 45 minutes after I put her down for the night - that lasted about a month. Now every so often she'll wake up around 3 and do it. I know this probably sounds bad but I'll wait a couple minutes to see if I really need to go in there. Sometimes after a few minutes I can tell she is going back to sleep and will let her put herself back to sleep. If it's longer than 5 minutes or getting louder (and it's possible to go louder LOL) then I'll go in and give her a quick cuddle.

The best part is DS doesn't even flinch!

10. w101ttd

Poor little girl hope she will have a break from teething soon. If it's out of control, you can give her pain killer b4 bed. But I rather not use it. Hang in there

11. lisagayle

Yeah I try to stay away from the motrin and tylenol unless it's truly necessary. She's a tough girl, she'll make it! :D