waking up screaming first thing in the morning

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by newtothis, Jun 29, 2010.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

does anyone else's LO do this? this is all new; the LOs when they first wake up just scream, scream, scream, scream...you get the idea.
    it is NOT pleasant. they used to wake up, talk, play, jump around in their cribs and give me time to get my act together in the morning. now i haven't had that!!!!

is this a phase? something new?

2. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

We went through this, I tend to think it is because of teething or because they are getting so active now that they want out to play the minute they wake - which stinks because sometimes that is 5:30 am...LOL. One of mine just cut an upper back molar - completely out of order. She was in pain for days. Also, their diapers are fuller and fuller by morning which wakes them. Maybe check diapers, room temp, teeth? I can say one thing though...for a few days I would run right up because the screaming was a new thing. But after a couple weeks I stopped doing that..had a couple tough mornings and now they are back to playing until they are allowed to get up...around 6:30 am. Give an inch... :friends:

3. newtothis

today i tried to not go in there right away. the screaming CONTINUES and continues and he wakes his brother.
    i dont mind the new wake up (now that we go to bed a bit later) but I DO MIND THE SCREAMING! :headbang: he is definitely teething. he only has 2 bottom teeth.
    not sure how to dress them. they wear tshirts and shorts (PJ set) to bed.

4. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Nate is teething right now too (*finally* getting that lateral incisor! :yahoo: ) and he has been waking up early screaming. And sometimes in the middle of the night too. <_< Stay strong, this is just a phase and it *will* get better! :hug:

5. newtothis

as long as you ladies promise it is a phase. then i dont lose my patience as much, lol

6. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

It could also be a little bit of separation anxiety too. Either way, he'll eventually grow out of it. You mentioned you're afraid he'll wake his brother...maybe that's part of it. When DS wakes up and DD is still sleeping, he will cry. If they are both up they will talk and play.