waking up screaming?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by newtothis, Jul 6, 2010.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

does anyone else's LOs wake up screaming from a nap? one of mine does and the other LO doesn't. does this mean he didn't sleep enough or is still tired? he does it in the morning too until we open up his bedroom door.

2. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

About 70% of the time my DS does this at nap. If I give him a little time he calms down and starts playing. I am sure it has nothing to do with not sleeping enough. Sometimes it seems like he is a little disoriented, like he is not quite awake yet. Other times I think he's mad because DD is still sleeping. It may be a combination of the two. Either way, it seems to be better to let him calm down on his own than to go in there and he's always happy and raring to go afterward.

3. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have one boys that wakes "harder" than the other. He's the one that needs more sleep than his brother, but he often cuts up rough upon waking no matter how much sleep he's gotten. I've found that the best thing for him is to just hold him and rock him for a few so he can get his bearings. A little bit of quiet time after waking really helps, and then he's ready to get down and play.

4. lio&ella

lio&ella Active Member

One of mine screams when he wakes occasionally as well. Dont know why? Like you I thought maybe he was waking to early and still tired. But sometimes he does it, sometimes he doesnt. His sister just stands in her crib and stares at him. Like what the heck are you doing?! If I let him go, he usually stops crying and starts to play. If I pick him up before he stops crying, he likes to be held and cuddled for a while.