Walking Poll!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by twinboys07, Jul 8, 2008.

?

Please choose the adjusted age that your babies started consistently walking on their own!

1. 9 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 10 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 11 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 12 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 13 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 14 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 15 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 16 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 17 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 18 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. After 18 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Other?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

I was just curious about this, as I'm starting to get anxious for my boys to walk consistently. They will be 13 months old next week.

2. Aprilisdisney

Aprilisdisney Well-Known Member

[SIZE=10pt]My two will be 13 months on Saturday ~ they were born at 35 weeks 1 day.

My two just started walking within the last few weeks. DS has been walking for a little over two weeks. Although DD took some steps over a month ago, she stopped for awhile. She would just speed crawl everywhere. She finally started walking again last Wed. :banana: Now they both walk all over the place. The only time they crawl is when they fall and crawl to something to pull themselves up again :p

I know how anxious you are ~ I was the same way. Ahhh ~ the things that we wish for. Now I'm chasing them ALL over the place and they are falling everywhere!!

April :)
    [/SIZE]

3. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

i can't vote yet because they are not walking consistently yet, but ally has been mostly on her feet today, so i may be putting 13 months up for her soon :D (they'll be 13 months on friday). bear--oh bear--just started taking steps 2 days ago and will soon catch up, i'm sure! he'll probably be outrunning her in 2 weeks

i can't wait to see them walking hand in hand

4. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My two both started walking at 10 months adjusted, 13 months actual.

5. Aurie

Aurie Well-Known Member

The twins were really early compared to my other kids. Adjusted age, they were 10 months. All three of my singletons, didn't start walking until around 15 months.

6. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Lily started walking at 11 months actual (9 months adjusted) and Grace waited until 20 months actual (18 months adjusted). They were at competely opposite ends of the "normal" spectrum for walking.

7. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

They say the average age for children to be walking is around 15 months so your boys are right on track!! Try not to worry to much it will happen and before you know it you will be running in 2 different directions trying to catch them! x

8. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

Both of my girls started taking a few steps and walking while holding on to things quite early - around 10 months. Vivi started walking fully (no crawling at all) at exactly 13 months old, so she was 11.5 months adjusted. Eleanor took a few weeks longer, walking fully at 13 months 3 weeks, so about 12 months adjusted.

Like the PPs have said, don't worry... walking will happen! And once it does, you will never have a moment of rest again. My girls LOVE to run in different directions now and they get into everything. I love having them walk, but I miss the calm days where they both laid on their stomachs and looked at the world.

9. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

My boys started walking a couple of days shy of 15 months so I voted 15 months. They were pulling up/cruising starting around 11 months. One morning, the Saturday before Mother's Day, J just decided to walk everywhere. So that's what I count. L started 3 days later. They would take a few steps here and there but when they started walking, they walked everywhere.

10. littletwinstars

littletwinstars Well-Known Member

Our DD walked at 9 months (almost 8 months adjusted) and our DS walked at 11 months (almost 10 months) adjusted. It's funny because our DS crawled and rolled over first, but our DD was the first to walk. :)

11. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

They both started pulling up/cruising around the gate at 8-9 mos. My DS walked at 10 months (9 months adjusted) and then my DD walked at 12 months (11 months adjusted). I do agree, I would not worried about 'when' they would be walking because I belong to a large play group and half of them were still not walking until pass 12-18 mos avg.

D, w/Rianna and Justin (21 mos)

12. mandyfish3

mandyfish3 Well-Known Member

My girls started walking at 14/15 months. I put 15 months in the poll. I was very anxious but it will happen! Don't worry.

oh, my girls were born at 36 weeks but I've never used adjusted age, just chronological!

13. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

17 and 18 mos. for us!!! It was a LONG wait!!

14. Username

Username Well-Known Member

Non of my kids have adjusted ages but my eldest was 10M, the next was 9M, one twin was 10.5M and the other twin was 12 M. My "late" walker is my earliest talker. They've all got their own things.

15. siobhan

siobhan Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Username @ Jul 9 2008, 09:53 AM) [snapback]867629[/snapback]
    Non of my kids have adjusted ages but my eldest was 10M, the next was 9M, one twin was 10.5M and the other twin was 12 M. My "late" walker is my earliest talker. They've all got their own things.

I have one walker/runner and they are 17.5 months, one is still not walking should I be concerned????

16. caba

caba Banned

My kids were born at 36w, so they were a month early, but we never used adjusted ages. Hailey walked at 11 months (10 adjusted I guess?) and Jake walked at 13 months (12 adju) ... although in the poll I voted with their actual age since we never used adjusted.

I've heard people have kids walk at 9 months, and kids walk at 20 months! It's such a huge range ...

17. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twinboys07 @ Jul 8 2008, 11:37 PM) [snapback]867045[/snapback]
    I was just curious about this, as I'm starting to get anxious for my boys to walk consistently. They will be 13 months old next week.

Erin, I know it's hard not to worry, but they have plenty of time. I believe the norm is between 9 months and 18. :good:

My DD started taking steps at 12.5 months but didn't walk consistently until 14 months. My DS just stood up at 14.5 months and walked. He didn't walk until he was certain he was doing it perfectly. :)

18. me_and_my_boy

me_and_my_boy Well-Known Member

My boys were born at 37.5 weeks so I never adjusted their age. One walked consistently at 11 months. The other one walked at 15 months.

Mendy

19. ahmerl

ahmerl Well-Known Member

My Lily walked at 9.5 months and Jack at 10 months. They were both running by 12 months and now, at 13 months, we do more running than walking.. They have consistently been ahead physically; however, their verbal skills are probably a little behind.

20. 2boysforus

2boysforus Well-Known Member

Mine started around 11 months adjusted, 12 months actual.

21. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

Mine were late walkers and were ok walker around 15 mos. I thought they would never walk, now I wish they never started :lol:

22. aandax246

aandax246 Well-Known Member

The boys walked at 10 months but for adjusted it would have been 8 months so voted other.

23. noahandjacobsmom

noahandjacobsmom Well-Known Member

My guys began walking at 12months and 14 months.

24. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Mine started walking at 11 months, adjusted I guess that would be around 10 months. But I never really took their adjusted age into consideration before.

25. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

DD walked at 11 months and DS walked at 12 months.

26. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Our girls were around 16 months old, so 17 months adjusted. Dax walked at 14 months.

27. EmilywithTwins

EmilywithTwins Well-Known Member

Aidan started walking at 9 months, but then had a little "accident" and had a set-back until about 10 months. Riley started at 10 months. They were both walking really good by 11 months!!!

28. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

My oldest walked at 11 months, my daughter walked at 19 months, and the boys walked at 17 months.

29. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

John walked at 7 months. Kevin at 10 months, and Patrick at 11 months. Different strokes for different folks!

30. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

DS was about 14 months old and DD was 17 1/2 months old. She started walking 2 weeks before her 18 month pedi appointment. DS was wobbly and fell alot. When DD started to walk, she just got up and went. It took her longer, but she was much more skilled than he was.

31. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

My two were born at 38 weeks so we used actual ages.

DD started walking early in her 13th month and DS started walking late in the 13th month.

What is funny about this is that ds was always the one wanting to walk assisted but dd was the one who would just stand still! :)

32. hilly

hilly Well-Known Member

DD#1 9 months, DD#2 10.5 months (9.5 months adjusted), DD#3 10 months (9 months adjusted).

33. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

DS started walking about a week before 1st bday, and DD didn't start until about 14.5 months.

ETA: mine were born at 38 weeks, so no adjustment