watery discharge or leaking?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by jennycam, Apr 14, 2007.

1. jennycam

jennycam Member

It seems like every week I find something new to worry about. Since day one of my pregnancy I had increased discharge. I've had cultures done and everything is fine. My mulitples coach said with twins I should expect lots of discharge. Normally its white and thicker but now its watery. It seems after I started prometrium two weeks ago to control some minor contractions I was having the discharge stopped or at least slowed down. I take the Prometrium vaginally and it is the hormone progesterone so it makes since that it would change my discharge. But now its watery and I freak out that I'm leaking fluid. I have a doctor's appointment with my Perinatologist next week for another one of my many cervical length measurements so I plan on asking about it then. I was just put on Procardia now too to control contractions that may cause my cervix to shorten and I am on modified bed rest but now I'm worried about this discharge. Its not a constant dripping but sometimes throughout the day I check it manually and its always there...it just worries me. Am I being a little worrywort?

2. jennycam

jennycam Member

QUOTE(jennycam @ Apr 14 2007, 06:00 PM) [snapback]220080[/snapback]
    It seems like every week I find something new to worry about. Since day one of my pregnancy I had increased discharge. I've had cultures done and everything is fine. My mulitples coach said with twins I should expect lots of discharge. Normally its white and thicker but now its watery. It seems after I started prometrium two weeks ago to control some minor contractions I was having the discharge stopped or at least slowed down. I take the Prometrium vaginally and it is the hormone progesterone so it makes since that it would change my discharge. But now its watery and I freak out that I'm leaking fluid. I have a doctor's appointment with my Perinatologist next week for another one of my many cervical length measurements so I plan on asking about it then. I was just put on Procardia now too to control contractions that may cause my cervix to shorten and I am on modified bed rest but now I'm worried about this discharge. Its not a constant dripping but sometimes throughout the day I check it manually and its always there...it just worries me. Am I being a little worrywort?

Wanted to let you guys know I am 22w5d

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

Anytime you are worried about leaking fluid, I would go ahead and go in. It's a simple litmus test, that will quickly tell if it is amniotic fluid. I don't think that you can be too careful when it comes to your babies! :hug99:

4. Ericka B

Ericka B Well-Known Member

I have the exact same thing and I am also on Procardia, I don't think there is a correlation between the two. I have the same white watery discharge, very thin and sometimes it is hard to tell whether it is white because it is so thin. I have had a speculum exam every week to check my cervix and they always tell me it is just cervical fluid not amniotic fluid. It has gotten increasingly worse the farther along I get. If you are ever worried you are leaking fluid, go wipe really well and then lay on your side for about a half hour, when you get up if you feel a trickle or a gush then you want to call right away, because if it were amniotic fluid it would pool inside and come out when you get up. Hope that helps, but just ask them to check the next time you are at the doctor it is a really simple test.

5. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

I was nervous once about leaking and I did go in, like Becky said it is a very simple paper test. If you are concerned then I would call, peace of mind is worth it!

6. 1girltwinboyz

1girltwinboyz Well-Known Member

Ditto get it checked out! But I bet its normal B)

7. The exact same thing happened to me and I almost lost my mind! I too am on medication to stop contractions and I just knew that I had had one too many and ruptured my membranes (I love to self-diagnos). I went to the OB the following week and it turned out to be bacterial vaginosis. My symptoms sounded exactly like yours. As she was examining me, she thought it might have been Group B Strep. Either way, the infection is treatable with antibiotics and they usually do it towards the end of the pregnancy in case the infection comes back. Just get it checked out but I'm sure you'll be fine. Try not to stress too much!