WDYT of Dominic?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by runnergirl, Nov 20, 2006.

1. runnergirl

runnergirl Well-Known Member

We are truly getting down to the wire and thought we had made up our minds to name our boys Jackson (nn Jack) and Nicolas (nn Nick or Nico). But last night the name Dominic was brought up and now we are thinking about using it in place of Nicolas. I should mention that my husband's family is Italian/Sicilian and our last name is very Sicilian. Jack is a definate, we aren't changing that but now can't decide between Nicolas or Dominic!! Help!

2. runnergirl

runnergirl Well-Known Member

We are truly getting down to the wire and thought we had made up our minds to name our boys Jackson (nn Jack) and Nicolas (nn Nick or Nico). But last night the name Dominic was brought up and now we are thinking about using it in place of Nicolas. I should mention that my husband's family is Italian/Sicilian and our last name is very Sicilian. Jack is a definate, we aren't changing that but now can't decide between Nicolas or Dominic!! Help!

3. 5andtwins

5andtwins Well-Known Member

The nn Jack and Nick sound more of the same style, but Jackson and Dominic I think sound better together. I think I would go with Dominic.

4. allieben

allieben Well-Known Member

I like Jackson and Nicolas better than Dominic.

5. TwinMama6

TwinMama6 Well-Known Member

I'm like you,stuck btw the two! LOL! I like all three names equally but do like Nicholas and Dominic(Nick and Dom) better together....

6. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

I like Dominic better.

7. katie3girlies

katie3girlies Well-Known Member

I like Nicolas better with Jackson, but my favorite is Nicolas and Dominic "Nick and Dom"...so cute!

8. Cabbyk82

Cabbyk82 Well-Known Member

I love the name Dominic! My husband and I are considering using this name as well. I like the nickname "Nic" but would be a little concerned by the nickname "Dom." You know kids growing up... Dom sounds a little too much like Dumb for my taste.
    But the name is wonderful!