We changed to soy formula and...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by kenny&sammie, Nov 19, 2007.

1. kenny&sammie

kenny&sammie Well-Known Member

my ds started to spit up alot. Can I chalk this up to the change or is something else going on? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

One more thing, how long after you changed formulas did you see a change?

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

Hmmm. Lots of babies that have a milk intolerance, also have a soy intolerance. Why did you switch from a milk-based? My ped had us try a formula for a week-10 days before we switched. Maybe you should give Nutramigen a try?

3. kenny&sammie

kenny&sammie Well-Known Member

We switched because of horrible gas and overall fussiness, ped suggested soy formula.

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Formula changes can take about 10 days to really see an effect. But I agree with Becky lots of babies with a milk allergy have a soy allergy as well. We found this one out and we have to use Alimentum because of a milk allergy.

5. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

Same problem here... switching from milk to soy formula didn't help us, so we have to use Nutramigen. When we switched to that, we saw an improvement in 48 hours.

6. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

i switched to nutramigen also... It took about a week or 2 to really see results for me... Also.. My DS was spitting up a lot.. We tried enfamil AR.. is has really broken down rice cereal in it.. Maybe ask about that? They are too young for the rice, But the AR is better!

7. rachel123

rachel123 Well-Known Member

You need to mix the two formulas together so as not to upset the stomach, by doing this he will be able to tolerate the change easier.

8. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

soy worked for us and actually stopped the puking...nothing ever stopped the gas though other than mylicon and gripe water

9. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

We switched to soy around the same time that you did and noticed a huge decrease in puking and fussiness with DD in about 2-3 days. It took about 10 days for all of her issues to resolve. We also were doing mylicon with every bottle but stopped this week and noticed that she doesn't seem to need them anymore.