We had our Four month check-up yesterday

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Halseyse, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Halseyse

Halseyse Well-Known Member

My little loves are four months old [and two weeks]! They had their four month check up and they are doing wonderfully. The doctor is still amazed at their growth and developments for twinzy's. They both weighed in at around 16 lbs 4 oz [6.2 & 6.8 at birth and 12.5 at their 2 month]!! and they are both about 26 1/4" long! That puts them in the 90th percentile for weight, 95th percentile for height and Alyssa is in the 75th percentile for head circumfrance and Rose is something like 50th, haha.

The only thing that is different between the little ladies are the shapes of their skulls. Rose's is long and narrow, and Alyssa is just.. round Well that and the vein that runs across the bridge of their nose's - which is kind of weird. One goes in one direction and the other goes the other direction [I can't quite remember who's is who's cause I just noticed it today, lol]. For the longest time Tyler had this *top secret* way of telling them apart that he Refused to tell me about. After I mentioned the vein thing he told me that was it! HA - I win

The girls were more affected by the strange people touching them than the actual series of shots. I thought for sure that they'd freak out even more once the shots came, but they handled that part fairly well - considering.

This past week has been quite a difficult one [to add to the list of everyday stressors]. The best way to describe it is 'emotionally draining'. What makes me smile everyday is knowing that my girls are healthy, happy [as far as I know ], and amazes me everyday with their smiles, giggles, and talking and smiling at each other! If there's anything that warms the heart, it's THAT right there.

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h241/Hal...nt=2a42d643.pbw

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

:banana: for a great appt. Funny about the vein-that is how we told the boys apart when they were really tiny. Great pics!!

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Suzy! @ Nov 22 2008, 02:09 PM) [snapback]1082317[/snapback]
    What makes me smile everyday is knowing that my girls are healthy, happy [as far as I know ], and amazes me everyday with their smiles, giggles, and talking and smiling at each other! If there's anything that warms the heart, it's THAT right there.

:cry: That's so sweet... and so true! :hug:

I'm so glad to hear the girls are doing great! :Clap: The pictures were ADORABLE! :wub: They are precious.

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Your girls are absolutely beautiful! :clapping: for the great appointment!

5. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Sounds like they're doing really well! They sure are cute. I call mine "my little loves" too :).

6. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hooray for a good appointment! :D Super cute pics!

7. EricaG

EricaG Well-Known Member

What big beautiful babies you have!! Great appt keep up the good work!!

Erica

8. Halseyse

Halseyse Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies! I just know I'm going to look back when they're a year old and think where the heck did all that time go?

..and I'll say to myself.. it's probably because I was so busy that I often forgot what day it was :lol:

Anyone else agree? :p