we survived, then thrived!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by wvtwinmama, Jun 14, 2013.

1. wvtwinmama

wvtwinmama Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Well, my sweet little "twinfants" turned one yesterday. I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT!!! When I look back on the last year, I'm so amazed at how far we've come. I remember my first post here, when I was recovering from pretty bad delivery related complications, trying to figure out how to nurse two crying babies who never slept, and about as hormonal as they come. I would literally google "when does it get easier" every other hour and cry in the bathroom. I was terrified to be alone with the babies, and I loved them fiercely but was just so insecure. Fast forward to yesterday, when I took the day off from work so I could spend the whole day just playing and laughing with them - - now being alone with them is such a treat. They are so sweet and amazing and truly the lights of my life. We're still going strong with nursing, and boy is it funny when two babies who can walk toddle on over to you and latch on! Of course there are still days when things are tough, and I'm STILL waiting for them to sleep through the night (please soon, lol!), but I wouldn't trade a minute of any of it. Someone on here told me "it gets better, and then it gets fun" and truer words were never typed. I wish you all magical, amazing first years with your babies. We're the luckiest Mamas around. See you in the second year!! And thanks for always being here.

Amy

3 people like this.
  2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Beautiful post! :wub:

3. parker362

parker362 Member

Thank you for posting Amy! My twins are 4 months old and some days are SO hard. Others I am the happiest mama in the world. Your post gives me hope and encouragement. I know I will continue to have difficult days (probably until the day I die!!) but that comes with the territory of being a mom! I can't wait for the day my twins "toddle" over to me....awww! See you over in the 2nd year group in 8 months!

4. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Happy Birthday Babies!!! :wub:

5. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

Welcome to second year Amy!

You think you are having fun now.. just wait, it gets better and better!

Survived then thrived.. very well said.

~Amy D

6. Amycplus

Amycplus Well-Known Member

Woot! So enjoyed your post. Welcome to the second year!

7. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Congrats on your first year, mama! You have thrived as much as those sweet babies. :grouphug:

8. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Congrats! We are getting there too!!

9. Debbiemichelle

Debbiemichelle Well-Known Member

Yay!!! Loved reading your post! Way to go, and keeping going!